SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 02-15-2011, 10:40 AM
Soobologist

Send a message via AIM to subeman90
Registered SVX
Re: Brilliant BMW owners

you can clearly see that they did walk away after the accident but I know damn well that the guy driving is going to say to the other guy..."I bet a BMW would have made it around that turn" and the other guy most likely said "your grandpa is going to be sooooo pissed at you for wrecking his car"

and actually you are right: I did feel that a Chrysler Crossfire is a better car then an SVX and I can assure you it would have made that turn any day on that track.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:46 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by subeman90 View Post
you can clearly see that they did walk away after the accident but I know damn well that the guy driving is going to say to the other guy..."I bet a BMW would have made it around that turn" and the other guy most likely said "your grandpa is going to be sooooo pissed at you for wrecking his car"

and actually you are right: I did feel that a Chrysler Crossdresser is a better car then an SVX and I can assure you it would have made that turn any day on that track.
They let you smoke that stuff at work now huh?
Old 02-15-2011, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
Jaguars also cure cancer and create rainbows from their tailpipe.
Sorry Alan, you must be getting a rainbow reflection from the back hatch of your butchmobile when you're trying to catch up to a Jag. The only things that come out the a$$ end of a Jaguar is the remains of dinosaurs at a very quick pace.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:37 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
Sorry Alan, you must be getting a rainbow reflection from the back hatch of your butchmobile when you're trying to catch up to a Jag. The only things that come out the a$$ end of a Jaguar is the remains of dinosaurs at a very quick pace.
i only drive the butchmobile if i need something at Home Depot.

the LGT, however, will embarrass the fat dandy-mobile.
it just doesn't have the shiny wood interior that Fancy Men like.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 02-16-2011, 06:57 AM
Network Design Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S. View Post
What an incredible moran.

I wonder if he was holding the camera.
The video was up, but has since been removed.

He was hand holding the vid camera....
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:42 AM

Quote:
i only drive the butchmobile if i need something at Home Depot.

the LGT, however, will embarrass the fat dandy-mobile.
it just doesn't have the shiny wood interior that Fancy Men like.
Sure in snow it might but with 400hp and weighs in within 100lbs of your even more overweight for its size LGT. You must have gotten some of that good stuff from Subeman90. Oh and that is with a stock pulley on the blower 500hp is just 2 bolts and $400 away.

Funny thing though, our old LGT seemed to have plenty of shiney wood grained plastic on it. Maybe yours just fell off.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:20 AM
Hater

Quote:
Sure in snow it might but with 400hp and weighs in within 100lbs of your even more overweight for its size LGT.
it looks like the curb weight of yore dandy mobile is 4050 lbs. mine is 3360 lbs (manual cloth seats, no sunroof).

are you inhaling deeply with your lips wrapped around your tailpipe? "within 100lbs" looks like 700lbs to me.

also found that the 2003 XJR does 0-60 in 5 seconds. that extra pork explains how the LGT is faster even though it gives up almost 100hp.

Quote:
Funny thing though, our old LGT seemed to have plenty of shiney wood grained plastic on it. Maybe yours just fell off.
i have dark silver trim, no woody crap. after the SVX, i had my fill of stupid wood interior trim, real or fake.

Old 02-16-2011, 02:28 PM

Quote:
it looks like the curb weight of yore dandy mobile is 4050 lbs. mine is 3360 lbs (manual cloth seats, no sunroof).

are you inhaling deeply with your lips wrapped around your tailpipe? "within 100lbs" looks like 700lbs to me.

also found that the 2003 XJR does 0-60 in 5 seconds. that extra pork explains how the LGT is faster even though it gives up almost 100hp.

i have dark silver trim, no woody crap. after the SVX, i had my fill of stupid wood interior trim, real or fake.
4050 is far from the truth. In reality mine weighs in at a very stout 3910 with 23 gallons of fuel in it (sunroof, 8 cow skins 1/4" think and more buttons then I care to figure out how to use. Since Subaru is way off on their scale- to the tune of 250lbs for the SVX. Our GT was a porker to the tune of 3650lbs. If I remember right Subaru claimed it weighed 3310. I would suspect your 3360 is a pipe dream as well. Explains why as Motor Trend states "Despite the industrial-feeling gearbox, the GT should hit 60 in around 5.5 seconds". On the other hand I can get a 5 second launch all day long by simply stepping on the gas, no need for the harbor freight engine sounds associated with the boxer or have to play with a slipper clutch.

Yes pot metal and fake metal trim is so much nicer than real walnut. It is quite annoying when people from all walks of life keep coming over to ya to admire your car though. They always say they want one but wish Jaguar used more attractive fake metal like the UJAs do.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:08 PM
word words wording

Send a message via AIM to SomethingElse Send a message via MSN to SomethingElse

My bike weighs 350 pounds with 4.5 gallons of fuel and zero wood trim. 121 HP at the rear wheel and does 0 to 62mph in 3.5 seconds...do I win?

Rebuilt P/S pump info... http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50918

If your car wont start info... http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...ighlight=click
Old 02-16-2011, 10:32 PM
Hater

Quote:
4050 is far from the truth. In reality mine weighs in at a very stout 3910 with 23 gallons of fuel in it (sunroof, 8 cow skins 1/4" think and more buttons then I care to figure out how to use. Since Subaru is way off on their scale- to the tune of 250lbs for the SVX. Our GT was a porker to the tune of 3650lbs. [ If I remember right Subaru claimed it weighed 3310. I would suspect your 3360 is a pipe dream as well.
3360lbs is the highest curb weight i've seen, so i went with that. i've seen 3200 and 3295lbs quoted for the '05 GT as well. still not "within 100lbs" of 2 tons.

Quote:
Explains why as Motor Trend states "Despite the industrial-feeling gearbox, the GT should hit 60 in around 5.5 seconds".
On the other hand I can get a 5 second launch all day long by simply stepping on the gas, no need for the harbor freight engine sounds associated with the boxer or have to play with a slipper clutch.
not me, i are at stage2 for less than $1000. fat Jags can't hang.

Quote:
Yes pot metal and fake metal trim is so much nicer than real walnut. It is quite annoying when people from all walks of life keep coming over to ya to admire your car though. They always say they want one but wish Jaguar used more attractive fake metal like the UJAs do.
i'm not a fancy man like you, Mr. Powers, i'm an evil frickin' doctor. go put some Pledge on your steering wheel.

Old 02-17-2011, 04:29 AM
Soobologist

Send a message via AIM to subeman90
Registered SVX

Quote:
go put some Pledge on your steering wheel.
this right here is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-17-2011, 08:07 AM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie

My LGT limited on the scale with full tank of gas = 3380lbs
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 02-17-2011, 09:07 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksubie View Post
My LGT limited on the scale with full tank of gas = 3380lbs
that's within 100lbs of 4000lbs! i does maths!

Old 02-17-2011, 09:58 AM

Quote:
3360lbs is the highest curb weight i've seen, so i went with that. i've seen 3200 and 3295lbs quoted for the '05 GT as well. still not "within 100lbs" of 2 tons.

not me, i are at stage2 for less than $1000. fat Jags can't hang.

i'm not a fancy man like you, Mr. Powers, i'm an evil frickin' doctor. go put some Pledge on your steering wheel.
Stage 2 with your syphilis maybe. 5.5 vs 5.2 which is the slowest I've seen for an X308. Only GHWB can play with those numbers and come out ahead. By 150 your so far back you'll be out of the dust spray. If you want to up your pressure. I too can up my pressure for well under $1000. I don't even need to change my belt to do it and I have a lot further to go without blowing up internals.

Personally, I strive for something that isn't a Amercian made Universal Japanese Crap Box with moe parts supplied from Mexico then there are illegals here.

Life is far to short to be surounded by poor fitting cheap plastic that strives to be something that it isn't just like you pretend you don't own the ultimate butchmobile. I'd even offer to take your pink slip at the end of a 1/4. If you drove something that at least produced a sound more enjoyable then a John Deer with a dead cylinder, looked like it a Russian happy hour copy of a Mazda 6 and Toyota Camry and didn't drive like that John Deere. The only excellence you have is your piss. Must be a sad, sad life for ya. Me, I'm gonna pull out the slowest 4 wheeled vehicle I own, put the top down and take my daughter skiing. At least you have your piss.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:50 AM
Hater

Quote:
Stage 2 with your syphilis maybe. 5.5 vs 5.2 which is the slowest I've seen for an X308. Only GHWB can play with those numbers and come out ahead. By 150 your so far back you'll be out of the dust spray. If you want to up your pressure. I too can up my pressure for well under $1000. I don't even need to change my belt to do it and I have a lot further to go without blowing up internals.

Personally, I strive for something that isn't a Amercian made Universal Japanese Crap Box with moe parts supplied from Mexico then there are illegals here.
i would hope that pork box would beat a $24k new Subaru, but it barely makes WRX numbers. i really feel bad for the chump who paid $60-80k for it, then saw the resale value drop like a boat anchor as he drove off the sales lot. i think the LGT would pull more resale value - apparently '03 XJR's go for less than $15k. i wonder why? i guess Pennsyltucky aristocrats like yourself are in hog heaven.

Quote:
Life is far to short to be surounded by poor fitting cheap plastic that strives to be something that it isn't just like you pretend you don't own the ultimate butchmobile. I'd even offer to take your pink slip at the end of a 1/4. If you drove something that at least produced a sound more enjoyable then a John Deer with a dead cylinder, looked like it a Russian happy hour copy of a Mazda 6 and Toyota Camry and didn't drive like that John Deere. The only excellence you have is your piss. Must be a sad, sad life for ya. Me, I'm gonna pull out the slowest 4 wheeled vehicle I own, put the top down and take my daughter skiing. At least you have your piss.
a homophobic hillbilly aristocrat? i buy cars for me, not to impress the local morons.

you've lost your mojo, Mr. Powers.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: