Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Audio/Video/Nav/Security

Old 03-30-2010, 12:19 AM

Registered SVX
Re: subwoofer wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXdc View Post
It would depend on the HU's harness, but in general it would be a little more than the price of a plain SVX "forward" harness.

For example, Clarion likes to have two Yellow wires on their harnesses -- a low-current one only for the radio's memory, and a higher-current one that provides main power. I would need to solder them together, with a single wire going into the SVX harness (only one 16 or 18 gauge wire will fit in the SVX contact pins I'm using).

Some HUs don't have a wire for either a motor antenna or amp remote on. That would require Y-ing the HU's +12V Accessory wire into the SVX's power antenna pin.

And you might want to do something custom so that the SVX's BRIGHT button (dimmer cancellation) works with the HU.

When you get a new HU, contact me by e-mail to work out the details.

Yes. See the thread I linked to.
Thanks I will do that. And yes I really love the push button dimmer for dark daytime driving with lights on and can still see the clock and radio. The HU I have been looking at, am not certain of yet though, is a Clarion NX409