How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 10-02-2007, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S. View Post
I'm going with the 97 Outback trans as soon as I verify it's cable and not hydro.

--
I'm seeing if my man down in the States can crate me up a WRX tranny for cheaper. If not, THEN it will be the Outback.

Oh so now I'm your man eh ? Good to know and here I thought I was single
I can get 50% off UPS bookrate for a 200lb crate/pallet/Transmission case which would be 540 - 550 ish. Found two smashed up WRX's within 50 miles of my house so i'll investigate further when I have some free time.

Last edited by DSM>Vtec; 10-02-2007 at 11:51 PM.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:18 AM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
-_______-;

--
I think your < is backwards.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:50 AM

Quote:
-_______-;

--
I think your < is backwards.
Is it ? lol..oh well..Dsm EATS Vtec up all day long though..have yet to be beaten by anything with 'Vtec' =D
Type S BOV - Walbro 255 - Short Throw - Eagle Rods - .020 Over - 16G - Apexi Catback - Fidanza 7lb - Stage 2 Clutch - LSD - DSMlink - MSD Coil - 8.5:1 Compression - M3 Mirrors - 3G DSM Rims W / Eagle RS-A - Lots more and not enough room...
Old 10-08-2007, 05:13 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
I went to go get my SVX today, I checked it over to make sure everything was ok.
The passenger door was cracked open yet locked, and the 1 year old battery was completely drained. It had not even one watt of power.

They went through 2 portable chargers and then had to use a legacy to jump me so I could let it run and check it out some more.

/sigh.

It's coming home today so I can at least install my stage 2 stuff and bushings in the downtime of waiting for transmissions and things. *hint*

Old 10-08-2007, 06:09 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Hocrest picked up the pedal set earlies this weekend.... What trans are you using so I can get the shift linkage?

Tom

Quote:
I went to go get my SVX today, I checked it over to make sure everything was ok.
The passenger door was cracked open yet locked, and the 1 year old battery was completely drained. It had not even one watt of power.

They went through 2 portable chargers and then had to use a legacy to jump me so I could let it run and check it out some more.

/sigh.

It's coming home today so I can at least install my stage 2 stuff and bushings in the downtime of waiting for transmissions and things. *hint*
Old 10-08-2007, 06:44 PM
242,000 mi on oem trans

Registered SVX
I LOVE the way this group pulls together!
Current Stable By Age:
'89 Subaru XT6 Silver "Audrey" as in Hepburn
'96 SVX LSi #767Brilliant Red "Lil Red" Now on the front burner. Looking for a totalled, but running parts car.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:52 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
Hocrest picked up the pedal set earlies this weekend.... What trans are you using so I can get the shift linkage?

Tom
WRX trans if "DSM>VTec" aka nerf lover gets off his lazy ass and sends one to me.

97 Outback if I can't wait any longer. :/

Got any sr20det injector connectors handy? I still need 2. I'll probably just order them online.

Old 10-09-2007, 07:45 PM

Quote:
WRX trans if "DSM>VTec" aka nerf lover gets off his lazy ass and sends one to me.

97 Outback if I can't wait any longer. :/

Got any sr20det injector connectors handy? I still need 2. I'll probably just order them online.

Pfft..told you one was auto..the other not checked yet. 'working' on that other deal for you.

Waffchester outs.
Type S BOV - Walbro 255 - Short Throw - Eagle Rods - .020 Over - 16G - Apexi Catback - Fidanza 7lb - Stage 2 Clutch - LSD - DSMlink - MSD Coil - 8.5:1 Compression - M3 Mirrors - 3G DSM Rims W / Eagle RS-A - Lots more and not enough room...
Old 10-09-2007, 08:14 PM

Send a message via MSN to Cho
theres a guy out in wasilla that i just called. He has a 2002 wrx that needs body work and is selling the engine for 4500. I called and asked him if he still had the transmission and he said he needs to sell the engine first or the whole car for 5k. So I gave him my phone number and told him that when he sells the engine for him to give me a call. If he sells it I guess ill just take the 02 trans since its here in AK and I can pick it up. Feel free to call him if you want the car to part out or something. its on craigslist.

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/pts/443466382.html

Tomorrow I'm going to see if i can get a estimate on the body damage of my 89 240sx, if it turns out to be not too expensive then I'm all for it first. The svx can wait a winter if it has too.

1995 SVX L - Emerald Green
1992 Supra Turbo Red

Mods: Slotted Front and Rear Rotors, K&N Stock filter, Blue LED Interior Lights, and New Paint.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:52 PM

Careful with crashed up cars. You would be suprised how the impact can run through the drivetrain and destroy internals...next thing you know you paid XXX amount for the transmission and the thing doesn't even work now , $$$ for rebuild.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:18 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
Damn Cho how many cars you got?
4 from my last count?

--
Wafflemeister- yeah that "other" deal would be the shizzle. But don't make me wait like I waited for that alternator back in 02.
(RIP black 88 XT6)

Old 10-09-2007, 11:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to subru92svx
Geez after reading this post and seeing some of the prices transmissions and shipping are going for I should of bought my buddies 02 WRX transmission with 45,000 miles when he offered it to me for $300.00. He was t-boned in his WRX with no insurance and ended up parting the whole car out to pay for his medical bills. I went to school with him for months and he tried to sell me the transmission just about every day. I guess I better give him a call to see if he still has it.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:30 AM

Send a message via MSN to Cho
Hmm.... lets see. I have my SVX, Supra, 240sx and a Camry. Yep thats 4 alright. I gotta sell the camry and get rid of my 240sx or fix it. I'm getting an estimate so if it turns out bad ima part it out.

1995 SVX L - Emerald Green
1992 Supra Turbo Red

Mods: Slotted Front and Rear Rotors, K&N Stock filter, Blue LED Interior Lights, and New Paint.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:53 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cho View Post
I would love a WRX tranny in it. That should be able to hold the stock SVX hp with no faults at all. But isnt the WRX transmission hydraulic? Still it doesnt matter, I just want the svx to be 5-speed in general. I wouldn't mind spending 3 grand on this swap.

1650 + 700 = $2350

Thats what I will have after October 10 if thats when they pay off the dividend. But first i have to see if my dad still wants to sell his car or not because if he does then we wont have enough cars for the winter as I can see if I do end up doing this project, it will take some time from being able to use the car. Supra's clucth is shot and no winter tires as well.

Also another reason why i want the 5 speed WRX transmission is because in the future I may decide to make it into a rear wheel drive.
Somebody already went rear drive, and it was not a roaring success with the SVX.

I think it may have been Huck, but I'm not sure.

If memory serves with RWD the SVX is totally tail-happy. This makes some sense, because the chassis [as opposed to the drivetrain] was designed for a front drive or an AWD layout. This means that there is a lot of weight up front, so possibly there is not enough weight on the back axle for traction.

Anyway, do a little searching before you go this road in case you are not happy with the result.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 10-10-2007, 04:47 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Nikfu.... you cannot use a cable pedal box with a wrx tranny

Tom