How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Upcoming Meets

Old 09-12-2005, 12:05 PM
Parent

Sunday 9/25 cruze through Harriman St. Park to Storm King Art Center

I originally planned this as a Z meet, but I really like SVX's, so even though I don't own one, I figured I'd invite you guys too.

It is time again to get your car's out on the road for a cruze through some nice scenic parks to a cool destination.

We'll be meeting at the Sharp Plaza, Hotel parking lot in Mahwah, NJ, at 1:00 PM and hitting the road from there at 1:15.
Its the large circular area in the lower left quadrant of the first image. The exit for the area is off rt. 17 near the 87/287/17 interchange.

From there we'll head north on rt. 17 and take Seven Lakes Drive (maybe some other roads too) northeast through Harriman St. Park to the Anthony Wayne Rec. Area off the PIP at exit 17. I figure it'll take us ~45 minutes to get there so we'll hang for a bit, incase some people would rather not come down to Mahwah, and then head out again.

From there we'll head northwest to Storm King Art Center, a cool museum with very large outdoor sculptures. museum Road on the image below. I hope to get there by 3 as the park closes at 5. We can walk around for a couple of hours and take in some art culture. Then we'll go some place to eat, have a beverage, and enjoy some conversation.

So if you like driving you car, and hangn' with other people who do too, come on out and enjoy the road with us.

Zee you there.