Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Transmission and Drivetrain

Old 06-26-2005, 01:21 AM

5 Speed Questions

Anyone know if the a flywheel from a 90-94 legacy will work with a 2002 2.5 tranny swap? Are the flywheels the same?
Old 06-26-2005, 03:24 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
get the flywheel and clutch for your trans... mixing and matching parts is not recomended in the swap.

Tom
Old 06-26-2005, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomssvx
get the flywheel and clutch for your trans... mixing and matching parts is not recomended in the swap.

Tom
He found the original clutch and starter, he found a flywheel but he's not sure if it's the impreza one or another laying around the shop. Is there any quick way to tell? He's still looking.

I'm looking to get a spec stage iv clutch after the swap, so the clutch doesn't have to last too long, but I'd be pushing it throwing another 400+ for a performance flywheel. What flywheels work if I do need a replacement? Only the 2.5rs one or will a wrx/legacy flywheel work too? Anyone know?

BTW Tom, I'm in NYC right now, but when I get back to Little Egg you can have the trunk lid, just throw me some money for it. I'd give it to you but I'm watching my funds right now, CA in a week+5speed=tight budget. I'll call you tomorrow.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:58 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
I would imagine any push style clutch flywheel will work but a pull style(WRX and STI) flywheels will not. Find out what kind of action the clutch makes and base your decision on that

Tom
Old 06-27-2005, 03:10 PM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvPPoW
He found the original clutch and starter, he found a flywheel but he's not sure if it's the impreza one or another laying around the shop. Is there any quick way to tell? He's still looking.....
Isn't there a part number on the flywheel?

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomssvx
I would imagine any push style clutch flywheel will work but a pull style(WRX and STI) flywheels will not. Find out what kind of action the clutch makes and base your decision on that

Tom
Clutch is hydraulic, push type, out of a 2002 Impreza 2.5RS. I'll ask him for the part #