Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 09-22-2004, 08:12 AM

Aftermarket sunroof

Is that a sacrelidge? AHrd for me to be in as closed a car as an svx w/o a roof and I've seen lots of clean Ls' and L's that are sunroof challenged.

HOw much would it affect you if you were considering one w/an aftermarket roof? We have a Mark 8 w/a great ASC sunroof-better than factory, so are not too afraid of doing one. An old college pal intastalled a Renault sliding soft roof into a sentra and it was tres Francais.
Old 09-22-2004, 08:31 AM

Not sure how much this will help, but here's my thinking on the matter:
Given that there are probably no structral differences in the roof of an SVX with a SR, then one without, my biggest concern with an aftermarket SR would be leaks. I had a chevy blazer years ago that had an aftermarket pop-up SR (installed by previous owner) and after a while the seals wore out, and the thing leaked badly.
While it would have probably would have been a quick/cheap fix, the vehicle was stolen before I could do anything about it.
Anyway, back to your question, if I was looking at an SVX that had an aftermarket sunroof, I would be sure it didn't leak, and if I was considering having one put in, I'd make sure it was done at a reputable place (but personaly I would rather keep looking til I found one that had the features I wanted)