How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 07-25-2004, 04:30 PM
BoondockSVX

Thank you for locking my topic.

My job involves keeping people inline, and I understand why you have a rule such as the no street racing threads, but I'd like to point out that I was not actually racing the camaro. Both of us were in good humor, and it was more along the lines of 'two motorheads goofing off and having a good time in the country', it was NOT a fast and furious street race.... heck, I was never even next to the camaro.

Finally, I believe our country is great due to it's democracy.... how many people here actually AGREE with the street racing thread? I agree with it on some levels, but it does irk me that a topic like mine was locked.... are the rules just made up by a select few without regarding the voice of the masses? Or can members voice their opinions to get certain things changed?

- Jim
Old 07-25-2004, 07:23 PM
BoondockSVX

I guess my point is this: I'm not a stupid 'kid' out drag racing my SVX at stoplights against cars with cheesy taillights and unpainted bodykits... I was simply driving my car in a 'spirited' manner giving chase to an old camaro, who was also driving 'spiritedly', so I'm kinda miffed that it was locked.

- Jim
Old 07-25-2004, 07:53 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Bottom line is this - if anyone wants to post streetracing threads they can point their browser to clubsi.com or idahostreetracing.com or send a pm to SubEd.

Boondock - we realize you aren't the typical streetracer guy. Sorry your post had to be locked.

Rules are rules and this is Chris's sandbox that we are playing in. If you don't cover the sandbox at night the neighbor's cat will **** in it.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 07-25-2004, 08:55 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

This issue has been discused many times before...we even had a whole thread on it and discussed the issue. I was for having street racing threads but rules are rules and i respect that.

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 07-25-2004, 08:57 PM
Sue isn't really striped

Immortal - But I tried PMing SubEd several times in the last hour and he hasn't responded yet!

Old 07-25-2004, 09:47 PM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
Quote:
Originally posted by immortal_suby
If you don't cover the sandbox at night the neighbor's cat will **** in it.

Cumon, tell us what the little stars mean but agreed, If it was my sand box the rules might be different, but untill then Mr President makes the rules. The horible rules and moderators that will come to your door and beat you silley if you mess up are the main reason that this is the level headed forum it is.
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.
Old 07-25-2004, 10:22 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
1 - this forum is far from level headed, and now, to top it off, it's lost it's balls too.

2 - this topic has been discussed before and will be discussed for a long time to come until we no longer feel like we are talking to a brick wall.

3 - this is EXACTLY what the moderators assured me would not happen when I said "first it's no street racing threads, then it's no threads about driving fast in the vicinity of another car...and so on".

Great job.
Old 07-25-2004, 10:38 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow248
1 - this forum is far from level headed, and now, to top it off, it's lost it's balls too.
Sorry you feel that way.

Quote:
2 - this topic has been discussed before and will be discussed for a long time to come until we no longer feel like we are talking to a brick wall.
Brick walls rarely go to the lengths we have to explain their decisions.

Quote:
3 - this is EXACTLY what the moderators assured me would not happen when I said "first it's no street racing threads, then it's no threads about driving fast in the vicinity of another car...and so on".
Nobody here ever assured anybody that we would do anything other than what we had determined was in this site's best interest. As has been stated a thousand times already (and I'm sure not for the last time), we have banned threads on street racing. What constitutes street racing is, unfortunately, going to be a matter of contention occasionally. In this case, I'd like to point out that I agree with Mike on his closure of Boondock's thread.

Despite being created to serve the SVX community, this site is not a democracy. The rules are enforced according to the moderators' and admins' interpertation of them. Were this a democracry, you'd have checks and balances to make sure those interpretations didn't get out of control. Since this is not a democracy, you've just got us.

Quote:
Great job.
This 'job' is by no means fun or easy. You can't please everybody all of the time.

With as much as you complain about this site, its members, and the car it was created to discuss, I can't for the life of me figure out why you visit it so frequently.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE

Last edited by Mr. Pockets; 07-26-2004 at 05:39 PM.
Old 07-25-2004, 10:41 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: Thank you for locking my topic.

Quote:
Originally posted by BoondockSVX
Finally, I believe our country is great due to it's democracy.... how many people here actually AGREE with the street racing thread? I agree with it on some levels, but it does irk me that a topic like mine was locked.... are the rules just made up by a select few without regarding the voice of the masses? Or can members voice their opinions to get certain things changed?

- Jim
I absolutely agree with you about our country.

For the umpteenth time, this site is not governed by the same type of system.

As for how many people agree with the ban on street racing threads, I'll happily turn that around on you - how many people are complaining?

A vocal minority, I'd argue.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 07-26-2004, 05:24 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Alycone
Immortal - But I tried PMing SubEd several times in the last hour and he hasn't responded yet!
Try Pm'ing Fishguy or Unit 91 - sometimes I have to do it 5 times a day for a complete week before I get an answer.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
Old 07-26-2004, 06:14 PM
Sue isn't really striped

One difference between this site and others - here the mods don't feel the need to join in on torturing the new (or dense) members, as entertaining as it can be.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:18 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Well, we have greenmarine to torture - we get our fill in from him alone.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:23 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
On other difference...

On this site, we are allowed to discuss other cars as well. Want to see some nasty moderators/members? Head on over to scionlife.com. I attribute the hostility of the site to the fact that the average scion owner is probably about 24, wants to be a ricer but doesnt want to buy a honda, and most think that having 108hp is ok but any automatic car sucks

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 07-26-2004, 06:36 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
Nobody here ever assured anybody that we would do anything other than what we had determined was in this site's best interest.
Above is a great example of how to use 22 words and one very long sentence to say absolutely nothing. That's pretty impressive.

Quote:
Despite being created to serve the SVX community, this site is not a democracy. The rules are enforced according to the moderators' and admins' interpertation of them.
That's a real shame. This used to be a completely open and accepting forum full of mature people who could accept other peoples ways (whether that be a different religion or a person who thought street racing was just fine) but now it has turned into yet another snobby "subaru is too good for that" playground. I used to really be impressed that most of the subaru owners here were not like the ones I encountered in the ouside world (ones who discarded everything non-subaru as worthless), but now this place has fallen to that same level.

Quote:
This 'job' is by no means fun or easy. You can't please everybody all of the time.
Then why are you trying? Or is it that you are just making things the way you want them? It's funny that every time one of these issues comes up, it is you, and none of the other moderators that defends it. I never hear anything from ANY other moderators defending this policy. Just you. Kinda weird isn't it?

Quote:
A vocal minority, I'd argue.
I have to speak up and mention the non-vocal minority too. Those that protest these policies by not posting here anymore. Some long-time established members have moved on because of this. So there are alot more than you want people to think. Most importantly, these are the guys that helped build this site to what it was just a short time ago.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:49 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Yes, it was the complete ban of street racing that drove Aredubjay away from the site.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: