SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 07-22-2004, 09:21 AM
Either committed, or should be

Send a message via ICQ to thumper_svx Send a message via Yahoo to thumper_svx
Registered SVX
Question Anyone Familiar with the DEH-P7200

Anyone out there familiar with the Panasonic DEH-P7200 stereo or its ilk? I ask because I have a slight issue.

This fits in this forum because (a) I can't find the answer anywhere else and (b) because it's installed in my SVX... therefore it's NOT EXACTLY SVX related... but sorta.

Anyway... the question is; I recently disconnected the battery while replacing spark plugs on my baby... helps to do that while removing it. Anyway, since I reconnected it all now the display randomly "flashes". Basically it switches to a "negative" display mode where black is white, white is black and so forth. After a random time it switches back again. It's doing this constantly...

It wouldn't be so bad except that it does it when the display is in "clock" mode as well (stereo off)... since this means most of the display suddenly becomes "white" it can be extremely distracting when driving at night. When the stereo's on it's less noticeable but still irritating.

Anyone out there tell me WHY it's doing this? I can't find anything in the manuals about this particular problem and can't find any info on the Internet about it either. Help?
Old 07-22-2004, 09:51 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Oh, now that is weird...

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 07-22-2004, 09:51 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Is it a security mode?

It may think it's been stolen.
Old 07-22-2004, 09:54 AM
red95svx

Your radio wasn't turned on when you disconnected the battery, was it? Some electrical devices don't like to have power interrupted while they are on.

Dave
Old 07-22-2004, 10:04 AM
Destroyer of worlds.

It is either in Demo mode or Security mode. (I can't remember which) Pour through the manual and you'll find the fix. I know, my pioneer did that once upon a time and I was able to fix it. Someone stole it a few months later...I miss that stereo. And that amp, and the MTX subs. I'm gonna cry....
Old 07-22-2004, 04:07 PM

Registered SVX
Sorry for the reminder, Nate!

Yeah, I suspected that it's in security mode... however I'll be darned if I can find a reference to resetting that in the manual. <sigh> Guess that means some closer reading later tonight.
Old 07-22-2004, 04:25 PM
Destroyer of worlds.

Try this...

From an F150 msg board:

post: "My question is why afer a short amount of time the background on the display goes from dark to Bright white and then back to black, kind of in a continual cycle? That is the only thing that bothers me and at night it is down right annoying! Can I change that or not?"

reply: "The Unit is in the "Demo Mode" actually reverse demo. With the key in the acc posistion and the unit off press and hold the #5 button on the preset selects on the bottom of the unit until you hear a beep. This will cancel the demo mode."

See if it works. This jives with what I remember doing. Fingers crossed...
Old 07-22-2004, 06:13 PM

PhatWeasel has it right...one thing to keep in mind is that the DEH-P7200 is a Pioneer unit

I would attach the manual, but why waste the space here, it's available at Pioneer. Here's the applicable text cut & pasted from the online Adobe PDF file.

About the Demo Mode
This product features two demonstration modes. One is the Reverse Demo mode, the other
is the Feature Demo mode.
Reverse Demo
If you do not perform an operation within about 30 seconds, screen indications start to
reverse, and then continue reversing every 10 seconds. Pressing button 5 when power to
this product is switched OFF while the ignition switch is set to ACC or ON cancels the
Reverse Demo mode. Pressing button 5 again to start the Reverse Mode.
Feature Demo
The Feature Demo automatically starts when power to this product is switched OFF while
the ignition switch is set to ACC or ON. Pressing button 6 during Feature Demo operation
cancels the Feature Demo mode. Pressing button 6 again to start the Feature Mode.
Remember that if the Feature Demo continues operating when the car engine is switched
OFF, it may drain battery power.
Note:
• You cannot cancel a Demo mode when the front panel is open.
• The red lead (ACC) of this product should be connected to a terminal coupled with ignition switch
ON/OFF operations. If this is not done, the vehicle battery may be drained.
Old 07-26-2004, 04:47 PM

Registered SVX
Thanks all for the responses... actually figured it out Friday just before I headed down to KC... this is the first time I've been on the board since )

Yes, it was the demo mode... hold down 5 and it stopped.

Really weird it goes into this mode by default after power was reconnected.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: