How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2003, 11:47 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Re: Why I despise rap music (warning, has bad language)

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane
I don't hate it for the wrong reasons. Here are a few reasons why I hate most 'hip hop' and rap music (though I am digging jurassic 5, and I don't have anything against rapping (ltj bukem, G love and the special sauce, a few bt songs), but against the rap music culture, and most of the 'music'.

1. The 'image'. I hate the hip hop image. I hate seeings gangsta's dressed like they're in the ghetto driving around in exotic cars. I hate seeing them in mansions with thousands of skantily clad women. I hate seeing them with all gold teeth. I hate seeing them always trying to be badass, and never having fun. I hate seeing them constantly pissed off. Why? Because its bull****. Most rap fans are never going to be driving around a ferrari. Most rap fans are never going to have a mansion. Most people who listen to rap have rather ****ty cars, and live in ****ty places. Yes, there are a lot of exceptions. I'm positive that there are multi millioniares who listen to rap music. But I'm not referring to that. I'm referring to the 'image' that rap videos portray, and reality. They do NOT coexist. The image is fake, mass produced, and mass consumed.

2. The constant reference to women as *****es. Women are not *****es, or ho's. They are people. I hate the fact that rappers belittle women. It's stupid. It's almost like a perpetual downward spiral of the lower class. Let's see... listen to rap music, get it ingrained in your head that women are *****es, and call your woman a *****. Have a kid with her, then when she's being *****y play the typical rapper move and ditch out on her. Now we have a single woman with a child (or more than one) with no husband. Great. F*cking awesome.

3. The lack of creativity. Ooooo yay a rap artist sampling someone else's song! Wow, it took a lot of talent! pffft. How about making up your own music, instead of resting on the shoulder of actual musicians.

4. The rappers who DO make their own music... it SUCKS. It's like a simple beat, with lotsa bass, and maybe some EXTREMELY simple piano notes that make it feel almost childish, even though the lyrics are full of '*****es, ho's nigga this, nigga that'

5. I hate white people who think they are black.

6. I hate black or white or pink or purple people who think they are thugz when they live in the suburbs.

7. I hate the role models that rappers portray. Gee... we have little children in the slums, and they wanna be just like Nelly or P-Diddy when they grow up. How inspiring. I bet you they'll all be on honor roll and go to school when they grow up too!

8. I hate rap fans who install huge subwoofers in their cars. There might be a small degree of them who have enough common sense to replace ALL the speakers in their cars, instead of just adding a sub, and they might have enough common sense not to blast their music and force everyone else to listen to it, but they must be few and far between. Again, it's the image thing. Sound quality? Who cares. We just want bass, and lots of it. I'm going to have a ****ty car, and install over $1500 of stereo equipment into it so it makes a HUGE 'booom ba boom boom booooooom ba boom boom' even though the rest of my speakers are distorting and sounding like ass and I have no high frequencies. AWESOME. F*cking morons.

9. I hate the lyrics. "*****, suck my dick! *****, get out the way! *****, back dat ass up! Nigger this! Nigger that!"
It's pathetic. Talk about LOW CLASS, and I'm not referring to financial status, I'm talking about the lack of any sort of class or respect. If you listen to lyrics like that, I do not respect you as a person.

10. Ever notice how an orchestra can make you feel? Ever notice how a lonely piano song can make you feel? Ever notice how dance music can make you feel? Ever notice how great music can make you feel? Exactly. Music affects our moods, and our lives. Listening to rap music? Pissed off, and I'm a thug, and 'don't f*ck wit' me ***** or I'll cap your ass'. Is this a healthy feeling? No.

I could keep going. I don't hate RAP music exactly, I hate GANGSTA rap. I hate GANGSTA rap fans. I hate GANGSTA rappers. I hate the GANGSTA rap lifestyle. I hate what it is doing, saying, and becoming. It's disgusting, and ... think of it this way: Let's say aliens came to our planet... do you think they'd be impressed if they heard rap albums? I don't. :| You know what? Most people aren't. So turn down your f*cking stereo if you're blasting rap music right now.

- Rob
Rob, I don't think that I have ever agreed with ya more than after I read your post... That was, without a doubt the best post I have ever seen you write!!! I'm not kidding either...

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 09-10-2003, 02:14 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
But Pete, you fail to comprehend something. Just because you might consider "suck my dick" not offensive, you HAVE to... and I mean HAVE to know that it IS offensive to some people, and should not be played publicly. Ever notice how some movies are rated R, and some are rated G? On one end of the spectrum, we have gangsta rap, with rappers not caring about knowledge, family values, society, improving themselves, or anything.... ONLY ho's, fancy cars, mansions, drugs, and big guns. On the other end of the spectrum we have ..eh.. classical I guess.

Now... if you blasted some classical, I don't think anybody would be offended....

If you blast some rap music, you might be alright.

If you blast gangsta rap, with EXTREMELY explicit lyrics like 'Suck my dick' and literally every phrase has 'nigger', '*****', or f*cker in it, you HAVE to know its offensive.

Sure, you might like it, but you HAVE to know other people probably don't. There's nothing wrong with YOU liking it, but the thing about SOUND is that if you crank it way up, it isn't affecting JUST YOU. It's pissing off a LOT of people. It's offending a LOT of people. And you justify that as 'you don't find it offensive'? That's just plain disrespectful and ignorant.

Everyone has a right to an opinion, and is entitled to listen to whatever music they want.

HOWEVER, Nobody has the right to FORCE everyone else to listen to such low class trashy lyrics like 'suck my dick, *****', nigger, ****er, etc.

PERIOD.

- Rob
Old 09-10-2003, 05:45 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
werd.

really i dont see how you can hear the lyrics from outside the vehicle especially if a good bass system is hooked up.
as for blasting it that loud that doesnt really go on around here, and when it does, nobody cares.
if ppl have the indecency to cut me off in traffic, follow me, flip me off for no reason, try to race me, try to pass me (all generic white people), fly-by-rice me (white rice and asians), or any of that other **** i damn well have the right to make them hear my beats at a stop light for 20 seconds.

hell one white dude was bobbin his head like an idiot soon as he came up behind me my back window all busted mad soundwaves blastin out.
and as for values an' all 'at, really you gotta peep that scene 'fore you can have beef. else youll eat it and dribble sauce on ya chin.

NikFu Swang
-" im not white, damnit,... im caucasian of asian decent, nikka."

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 09-10-2003, 06:48 PM
Superbeast

Damn Rob for starting post that are to damn long to read. I could have got in on the Metal disscussion but now it's to late.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 09-10-2003, 07:09 PM
Shot king

we can always start a seperate convo. for metal. How did ya like type o's latest Suba freak?
Old 09-10-2003, 08:24 PM
Hater

yay! metal! i'm going to see Slayer in a few weeks!

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 09-10-2003, 08:29 PM
Superbeast

Quote:
Originally posted by Shot king
we can always start a seperate convo. for metal. How did ya like type o's latest Suba freak?

it's no October Rust but I'm warming up to it. Did you pick up the Least Worse Of.

Slayers all right, but for some reason I just don't really listen to them, same with F.F. It's not bad , but just not something I'd go out and buy.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 09-10-2003, 08:43 PM
Shot king

Yeah i could dig the music on the new one but i did'nt think the lyrics were all that great.Any SVX/ C of F fans out there?
Old 09-10-2003, 08:46 PM

OOOK Rob, you're point on the offensive lyrics is acceptable...ONLY because of the douche bags who think they're cool with they're loud systems...i still enjoy MY rap though if you ever wanna d/l a song of mine just let me know ill give you the best ever.

1998 Acura Integra LS 74k Sold 1/07
2007 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner SR5 .04k!
2011 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 4x4 TRD Sport
Old 09-10-2003, 09:29 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Look, apparently some of you still arne't getting this; I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ALL RAP MUSIC. I have some rap my on HD, and I listen to some rap. But what I'm specifically ranting about is GANGSTA rap.

- Rob
Old 09-11-2003, 09:42 AM

It's not the musics fault that some idiot has to blast it out of his stereo...its the kid whos listening to it. But another post in that neon rap thread was right...there are far more stupid ass athletes in the world then there are ridiculously obscene rap songs... Maurice Clarett? he's almost cool....Daryl Strawberry....sniff sniff....KOBE BRYANT...if thats a good role model then idk what to say.

1998 Acura Integra LS 74k Sold 1/07
2007 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner SR5 .04k!
2011 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 4x4 TRD Sport
Old 09-11-2003, 10:45 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by petesvx2
It's not the musics fault that some idiot has to blast it out of his stereo...its the kid whos listening to it. But another post in that neon rap thread was right...there are far more stupid ass athletes in the world then there are ridiculously obscene rap songs... Maurice Clarett? he's almost cool....Daryl Strawberry....sniff sniff....KOBE BRYANT...if thats a good role model then idk what to say.
how could you forget O.J.?

1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 09-11-2003, 11:21 AM
Parts Hook-Up

:: Debates whether I want to touch this one with a 50 foot pole ::

I like all kinds of music...except country. Hip Hop is one of the main things I listen to alond with electronic music like Drum & Bass, House, Trance, etc...

As an american I can appreciate that we have so many different choices of music and entertainment. Why settle for just one? And why flip out just because you do not appreciate one of these choices? Your going to bust a blood vessel at the rate your going...

Last edited by SubaruPartsGirl; 09-11-2003 at 11:24 AM.
Old 09-11-2003, 11:35 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark

how could you forget O.J.?

Hey, that man is innocent.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 09-11-2003, 11:35 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by SubaruPartsGirl
Your going to bust a blood vessel at the rate your going...
I think he did that sometime ago.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!