Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-01-2003, 10:19 AM
Some Toolbox rolled it!

Send a message via Yahoo to Imprezzed
Wipers...

Okay, i was crawling around under the dash trying to find the hole in the firewall for my strobe lights, and I same across a switch. Itapparently controls the wipers, and has 2 settings...Normal and Winter. What's the difference?
Old 08-01-2003, 10:43 AM
Oricalm

Normal: When you turn your wipers off they go all the way back down into the little rester-things and stay there

Winter: They stay up around where your wipers would between wipes. Supposed to help keep your wipers from freezing in place in the snow and such.

My SVX went through a blizzard last winter But I never really saw the need to use the winter setting. After all, you still end up cleaning the wipers off either way. And unless I missed something I'm pretty sure that's all it does. If I messed up or forgot something, feel free to correct me people
Old 08-01-2003, 10:46 AM
rcraven32

The winter setting keeps the blades from dropping so low in the event you have snow and ice packed below the defrost line.

It is also is nice to have the blades up enought to thaw out a little.

Then the other setting drops them down out of sight in the spring and summer.
Old 08-01-2003, 03:37 PM
Some Toolbox rolled it!

Send a message via Yahoo to Imprezzed
Wow...

Thanks for the replys! I've had this car for almost 6 months now, and i'm still finding out new stuff about it!
Old 08-01-2003, 06:38 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
The summer setting is good for hiding the wipers on dry days to keep bugs from smashing on the blades where they can leave a streaky gut mess all over the windshield when you finally have rain.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 08-01-2003, 06:53 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
I hate the summer settings. The little nubs that 'cradle' the wipers distort the rubber part of my wipers, so whenever I leave it in summer setting, and then use them, I get streaks because of those nubs.

argh.

- Rob
Old 08-01-2003, 07:01 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

lLearning

Hi Imp, As long as you own an SVX , you will be having a learning experience. Take care, BOBB
Old 08-01-2003, 07:04 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Factory wipers have a 'thingy' that rides up on the nubs and the wipers actually hang. Never knew that until Randy pointed it out at a meet.
You could also loosen up the nut holding the wiper arm on and move the whole arm a few clicks up so it is a little higher so the blade won't rest on the nub.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.