How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-18-2003, 01:25 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Well since it appears they were going for a NASCAR look with the design, maybe they should have just made it solid without doors, that would have solved the uneven crease problem.

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...
Old 04-18-2003, 01:35 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally posted by MacGyver
Well since it appears they were going for a NASCAR look with the design, maybe they should have just made it solid without doors, that would have solved the uneven crease problem.
Sans Dukes of Hazzard! I might even buy it if Daisy comes with!
Old 04-18-2003, 01:48 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Sales

Hi everyone, Lets see, no down payment, no interest ever, and you don't make your first payment for one year. Whats the catch? You have to buy something from the General. Doh, I new there was a catch. Take care, BOBB
Old 04-18-2003, 04:00 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Re: Sales

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobb
Hi everyone, Lets see, no down payment, no interest ever, and you don't make your first payment for one year. Whats the catch? You have to buy something from the General. Doh, I new there was a catch. Take care, BOBB
I don't get it?!

(since you can't hear tone of voice through a website, that was sarcasm)
Old 04-18-2003, 06:20 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

I'll help you get it

Hi Shadow, This was the deal that GM and others were using to draw in the warm bodies and move the iron. Of course very few, if any, would qualify for these
deals, leaving the sucker with some big honkin car payment. I think its called smoke and mirrors. Oh honey, we can get that SUV we've always wanted and didn't think we could afford. Take care, BOBB

Last edited by Bobb; 04-18-2003 at 06:24 PM.
Old 04-18-2003, 06:29 PM
eugenefeng

Re: P.S.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobb
Want to have a nightmare? Think what our cars would be like if GM had designed them. BOBB
I would not even think about looking at one.
Old 04-18-2003, 06:42 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Ok, I must be missing this uneven crease thing. Someone want to 'splain it to me?
Old 04-18-2003, 07:05 PM

Exclamation Contact SUBARU Headquarters!!!!!

Just wanted to say I can relate to your frustration in what is going on with SUBARU and the relationship or percentage that G.M. owns. It is all well and good that all of you people are voicing your concerns here, but why don't all of you take your concerns directly to SUBARU themselves and be heard!!!!! I have a link I found, here it is:

http://www.subaru.com/contact/contact/middle.jsp

I also get a monthly magazine from SUBARU since my wife drives a 2000 Legacy Outback, we get as a complentary thing since we leased and now have bought our car. The magazine is called DRIVE. You can also voice you feeling here as well here and voice your opinions. Just like in voting, if you don't vote you will never be heard. So please write them as see what happens, you may never know. If there is enough Suby owners in general, does not have to be SVX owners, maybe all of us can make a difference. Subaru might realize that they are looking at losing customer loyalty!!!

Here’s how to contact the Drive editorial staff.

For comments concerning Drive, send e-mail to:
drivemag@subaru.com

Or write to:
Editor, Drive
P.O. Box 514025
Milwaukee, WI 53202-3425
Thank you for taking the time to give us your opinions! Your feedback will be considered solely to help improve the Subaru ownership experience. Please call your dealer directly if you need any repair work. If you currently have any concerns with your Subaru vehicle, please contact us directly at 1-800-SUBARU-3 or write us at Subaru of America, Inc., Subaru Plaza, P.O. Box 6000, Cherry Hill, NJ 08034-6000 or e-mail us by going to the Web address www.subaru.com.

We reserve the right to edit all letters and articles sent for publication in Drive. Letters and all materials submitted with them (including photographs) become the property of Drive and may be republished in any form or medium and will not be returned.

Last edited by awdsvx; 04-18-2003 at 07:07 PM.
Old 04-18-2003, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kuoh
I wouldn't consider the Neon an inspiring design either, but Chrysler does have some good designs and even better concepts. I'd love to see the Copperhead, Chronos, Phaeton, or the Hemi 300C actually make it to production. If the car manufacturers keep turning out these jellybean cars, I'm going to start riding the bus.

KuoH

A black prowler followed me home for a ways and the distinguished gray gent driving it was eyeballing the black svx as much as I eyeballed him.
Old 04-18-2003, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow248

Buick may be boring, but nothing beats Ford's realization of the most unoriginal, undesirable car line on the planet. There is not a single car that i can think of with the Ford name that would make me look twice...even once. The Mustang could if it wasn't essentially 24 years old.

Not even a tbird(perhaps s-charged in a year or 2), or a lightning?? That's the coolest PU ever built. And I've got a few decades of ogling on you, no doubt.
Old 04-18-2003, 07:34 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to newsvx
Registered SVX
Re: Re: And the new Saab....

Quote:
Originally posted by alacrity024

now here's where i'm a little curious.. the first time i heard of this, i assumed that saab would simply rebadge a wrx and give it a leather interior..

now it looks like the 9-2 might get its own body and just roll on an impreza chassis..

but what about the motor? will we see a saab with a pancake motor? that'd be pretty neat, i'll admit.. but i kind of like the "affordable boxer" as a subaru-exclusive thing..

-adam
Adam,
I read in one of the auto mag's that Saab would NOT use the flat four, but another engine. Time will tell, huh?
Harry
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
"I live with fear every day. Sometimes she lets me go racing."
"Getting Older and Slower"
Locker: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?newsvx
Old 04-19-2003, 01:45 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow248
d..we are still talking about the NEON...c'mon! I mean i can defend any poorly rated car in the same manner as was demonstrated earlier in this thread by saying "they fixed this and that and then it was OK"...but the bottom line is, though geared toward middle aged greenpeace members, Consumer reports is one of the most respected sources around for that sort of info. Im sure they get lots of hate mail whenever they bash a car. That's the way it goes. In the end, all the cars are tested in the same manner and rated in the same categories...the neon didn't measure up in their test. It happens.
Eh, wrong. The neon's reliability problem was FIXED in 1998. Yet they kept reporting the neon as 'unreliable' for FIVE YEARS, even though there have been no mechanical issues with the car whatsover. As for the acceleration tests.... they didn't put the gas pedal all the way down. By their 'standards' a freaking YUGO could be FASTER than a viper. If you know anything about autocrossing, the 1st gen neon was blessed with an awesome suspension, and while it was quite stiff for some people, it also made it have GREAT handling. But instead of saying that, consumer reports (since it hates neons for some reason, I mean, why else would they call a car that hasn't had any problems in over 5 years unreliable) would ONLY focus on negative aspects. They say "It rides harsh"... with no mention of the fact that it can run through the slalom faster than cars twice its price range. They did the same thing with the new Mazda 6. They tested the mazda 6 base model, and the sporty model... then they COMPLAINED that the sporty model had a rougher ride (it has a SPORT suspension and 17" wheels). HELLO MCFLY! ITS THE FREAKING SPORT VERSION!

That's like getting into a viper and complaining about it's gas mileage, or renting a wagon and complaining there isn't a trunk.

CR just ticks me off. I'll stop now. If you want to read REAL car reviews, get a REAL car magazine.

- Rob
Old 04-19-2003, 01:51 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark

how did a thread titled 'GM' AGAIN end up as a Neon discussion? Rob, we all know you like Neons and used to own one, but please give it a break.
Kelli, or SHISVX mentioned the neon, and said it looked ugly. I just stated I disagreed, explained why, and brought up a car that I really hated (that was GM), to bring it back on topic. You people keep attacking neons for some reason. Now I must defend them.

Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark
i learned that you should consider your audience when you write. i would say its safe to assume that the majority of SVX owners on here neither care about, or even like Neons. i lived and breathed 928's before coming on here, and i was on a 928 message board for 5 years (longer than the SVX Network existed?). i've read many books and articles about them, have driven quite a few, and could go on for days discussing them. i try not to, because i'm sure the majority of people on here DON"T CARE. i will mention them from time to time if there's something that can be compared/contrasted to the SVX, because they are both heavy high speed touring GT's. the Neon, on the other hand, isn't even in the same class as the SVX - its a light, economy car.
In the same class? No, it isn't. I never said they were. Someone brought up 'mopars reliability', and it wasn't me. Seeing as how 'mopars reliability' is now IN this topic, and part of this topic, I thought I'd chime in with MY experiences of the topic at hand (mopars reliability). But yes, you are correct, the neon and the SVX are not in the same class. Almost opposites. However, their PERFORMANCE specs are quite similar. With a nearly identical power/weight ratio, similar 0-60 times, 1/4 mile times, and no offense, but a neon WILL out handle an SVX in sharper turns.... I'd say that it's alright to compare them. But I'm not going to get into that.

- Rob
Old 04-19-2003, 01:58 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Quote:
Originally posted by benebob
Now Rob you do understand how Consumer Reports rates the reliablility of their cars right?

As for their 9 second acc. time on the neon. They have always and always will use real world tests in acceleration. No 4000rpm and drop the clutch since this will give much more false impressions about a cars acceleration ability.
I understand how they originally do the reliability on the cars, yes. However, the neons problem (note singular, which is referring to the faulty headgasket) ceased to exist in 1998. From 1998-1999-2000-2001-2002 they all listed the neon as unreliable. Considering I know more neon owners than any other type of car owner, and considering the way they drive them, and considering the fact that all of them are very reliable (with the exception of a few turbocharged ones that run 12s-13s), I think I can safely say the neon is a VERY reliable car, and I do NOT understand why consumer reports CONTINUES to call them unreliable.

As for the acceleration... they RESPONDED to someone and stated they 'did not push the gas pedal down all the way because they figured most people would never floor it'. Um. WHAT?! It IS an acceleration test, correct?!??!! By NOT FLOORING IT, a yugo could have a better acceleration time than a VIPER. That's retarded. I have no problem with 'real world tests', but a magazine that unjustly KEEPS a bad review, and one that for some reason tests their 0-60 times unfairly doesn't deserve any crediblity from my standpoint. They also complain about the new Mazda 6 as having a rough ride in comparison to the non sporty version. Idiots.*

Anyway.

- Rob

*This was referring to the CR staff, not you guys. I think you guys are cool.
Old 04-20-2003, 01:59 PM
Superbeast

How do they plan on using an Imprezza chassie without the flat four? Are they going to bring back the V-four?
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!