Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-06-2002, 05:56 PM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by MacGyver
I was just going to suggest Smallcar as well. They have done at least half a dozen conversions with the eg33, putting them in 80's Volkswagon Vanagons. They also sell and/or install 5 speeds in the SVX.

I was just done there the other day and Brian had a eg33 with 27,000 original miles on it! I don't think it was spoken for yet, not sure. Definitely worth calling them though!
WOWZA! Thats not too many miles. Where did he happen upon this gem?

Mike
Old 12-09-2002, 09:57 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Green1995SVX

WOWZA! Thats not too many miles. Where did he happen upon this gem?

Mike
I know, it's actually more interesting than that even. For one thing, the car is a '94 - if it was purchased in 94 and just recently totalled, that's an average of 3,000 miles a year.

Even more amazing (and scarey) was that upon salvaging the tranny out of the wreck, he found that it was a rebuild, already tranny #2, and....... it too was toast! (not because of the wreck either)

This car looked like it may have been rolled because every single body panel had a fair amount of damage and every window was broken. But it wasn't near as bad as some pictures posted, there was no intrusion into the interior or engine bay, looks like it held together well.

Not sure where he got this one, I imagine somewhere pretty local, but I think he tries to get them whenever he hears about one with low miles because he uses the engines for the Vanagon conversions. He also immediately takes everything of use off the wrecks and stores it, he has tons of interior parts. Unlike most wrecking yards around here that leave a slightly damaged rare SVX with pristine interior out in the rain all year with no windows.

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...