Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Audio/Video/Nav/Security
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2016, 08:45 AM

Send a message via AIM to zavikan
Just tell me the answer audio heads. Need New Speakers for wrx changer

Hey all.

Finally going mad with the completely blown OEM door speakers and original head unit.

I plan on going late model wrx 6cd in dash changer, as the OEM look is important to me. (unless there is another OEM look radio that fits these days I'm unaware of?)

I need door speakers and rears to go with this.

Will primarily listen to classical music (which I have found to be taxing on a stereo system). On rare occasions of gangsta feelings, having decent boom boom bass would be appreciated, but not enough to justify external amp, or loss of quality response when listening to that aforementioned classical stuffy music

Under passenger seat sub fit with the wrx changer?

I just don't know the audio equipment much at all, and am not looking for a serious enough of an education to chose my own setup without external input.

So....thoughts?

(holy crap I'm long winded. I wonder if my students in school think I'm a tool...)
'92 Liquid Silver SVX - Drilled&Slotted Rotors/Canadian OEM Seat Warmers/JDM Folding Mirrors/JDM Clear Corners/Euro Glass Headlights/Euro Headlight Level Adjustment/Euro Shifter Assembly/ECUTune Chip V.1/GARAGE QUEEN!
Old 07-10-2016, 12:15 PM
Posting since Dec.'98
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Just tell me the answer audio heads. Need New Speakers for wrx changer

Replaced my door speakers with some co-ax. That was a mistake as they, in combination with the in dash tweeters, made things too bright.

Depending on what you get you will probably need adaptor rings to make them fit.
ART Cryogenic/Slotted Rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, PWR Radiator, Tranny cooler, Stebro, Earthworm's Poly Differential/front & rear swaybar bushings, Koni Inserts and Mychailo SVX Sport Springs all 4 corners, Indigo Blue paint. Liquid Silver Wheels.
Old 08-02-2016, 08:41 PM

Re: Just tell me the answer audio heads. Need New Speakers for wrx changer

Like you, I like the head unit to look original, so I kept the SVX unit. I replaced all speakers with decent but not real expensive name brand speakers (something like Pioneer). They were easy to replace.

I also added a 5 channel Alpine Amplifier that I keep in the hatch. It puts out 75 watts RMS per channel, except the subwoofer channel puts out around 150 to 200 watts.

Lastly, I added a 6 inch bazooka tube to the rear passenger seat floor. For iPod connectivity I use that cassette tape thingy. I hid the wires so you don't really know the iPod sound is being provided by a cassette tape. The wire to connect to the iPod comes out of the area right in front of the center console.

Some of this sounds low tech, I know (the bazooka tube and the cassette tape for iPod connectivity). But you would not believe the sound. Its better than most of the new car systems I hear. And like you I listen mostly to classical.

If you want more info feel free to email me at elemgee21043@gmail.com I can send some pictures if you'd like.