Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Proven Engine Enhancements

Old 04-28-2013, 11:11 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: Building a 10,000 rpm NA engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessertrunner View Post
There are plenty of computer simulators that can indicate how much increase in power can be expect by increasing the compression my issue with these is:-
- They don't talk about the gains at higher revs, by this I mean if higher compression enables you to move the maximum torques higher up the rev range then the gains are even greater because torque turns to HP.
- I have never seen one of these calculators for a flat engine, and my instinct is that our engine behave differently. We have short stroke, big bores, hi valve area. Its a whole different ball game.

You can't compare the behaviour of a flat engine to a V8 or straight 6, to do so is a insult to our intelligence.

Tony
Quote:
They don't talk about the gains at higher revs, by this I mean if higher compression enables you to move the maximum torques higher up the rev range then the gains are even greater because torque turns to HP.
Higher compression ratio will increase the torque, I think TomK worked out at 10%, it will be 10% higher right through the rev range.

It doesn't move max torque it just increases it. It is the breathing, cams, inlet track tuning, that will move the torque up the range.

The torque curve increases as the rpm increases, till Max torque is reached and the curve starts to drop off, but as the rpm is still rising, the "Torque X Rpm" still results in higher HP number, but as the rpm keeps increasing the breathing gets less, so the torque reduces, so the "T X RPM" reduces the HP number.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:35 PM

Re: Building a 10,000 rpm NA engine.

You guys may not be aware but I broke 2 rods on my road car
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/newr...ote=1&p=726534

I am dumb founded how strong the engine is, Bazza told mee the weakest part on our engine is rods his 100% right. You can follow progress on the link.
Tony
1995 - SVX 700,000 K Mine, DMS Struts to lift car 2in. Tyres Wrangler Silent Armor 235/70R16, PBR Radiator. 6 speed with DCCD and R180 rer diff, Heavy duty top strut mounts front and rear. Speedo correction box fitted. New stero (gave up on the old one). Back seat removed and 2 spare tyres fitted for desert driving. ECUTune SC sitting in the box for the next SVX.
1992 - SVX 255 K Wife (Want to stay Married so not allowed to fit SC)
1992 - SVX Pearl with black roof race car roll cauge etc ready to race. Ex Tasman Targa car.
1995 - SVX Green low k mint condiation.
1995 - SVX Rally car, ex Matts car. Now to be used on track.
1992 - SVX red & Black being converted to Mid Engine.
1995 - SVX Red 143,000 bit rough.
Owned 5 others Subaru back to a 1974 1400 GSR.