Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Transmission and Drivetrain

Old 02-18-2008, 07:24 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
thats the concept accept they are spaced out across 6 gears instead of 5. It is less about going faster and more about the ability to change gears more quickly and have more ideal gear ratios for different situations, it is essentially a rally tranmsission

Tom
Old 02-18-2008, 07:27 AM
Back Road Blazer

Send a message via AIM to black beast
so... instead of mine having a 1.5k rpm gain from down shifting he would have a what.75k?
'94 ebony pearl, with orange "silicone" hoses, painted beauty cover, Tom's Intake, Dayles Cold air intake; with HKS mega suction foam air filter, 3in header back exhaust, STI ground wires, euro front fascia, euro front grill, reactive 17in wheels, Nitto Invo's, Drilled and slotted rotors, stainless break lines, Koni strut inserts, Drop springs, 5MT, shotshifter, Clutchmasters clutch, ACT prolite flywheel, EL Glow gauges, The ECUTune stage 2. To Do: Cams, port and polish, etc.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:30 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by black beast View Post
so... instead of mine having a 1.5k rpm gain from down shifting he would have a what.75k?

Transmissions don't work at fixed rpms, they work in ratios... But you are correct in a sense

Tom
Old 02-18-2008, 05:13 PM
Back Road Blazer

Send a message via AIM to black beast
O, cool! good for you mate! I am happy with mine, and you are happy with yours. I am sure that both fit perfectly with our driving needs.
'94 ebony pearl, with orange "silicone" hoses, painted beauty cover, Tom's Intake, Dayles Cold air intake; with HKS mega suction foam air filter, 3in header back exhaust, STI ground wires, euro front fascia, euro front grill, reactive 17in wheels, Nitto Invo's, Drilled and slotted rotors, stainless break lines, Koni strut inserts, Drop springs, 5MT, shotshifter, Clutchmasters clutch, ACT prolite flywheel, EL Glow gauges, The ECUTune stage 2. To Do: Cams, port and polish, etc.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:02 AM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Send a message via AIM to Seraphinwolf Send a message via Yahoo to Seraphinwolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridered777 View Post
Amazing Bobby.

Good thing you live so close, I can run down there and steal it when you're not looking - take it for a joy ride. Don't worry, I'll return her how I found her - just with a half a tank gone!
So close?! That's a hour drive for you isnt' it? I know it would be like 1.5 from where I am. But anything's close for you to be able to ride in it. LOL Congrats Bobby. I'll have to see it soon. I was talking to Craig about a Boston trip maybe so we'll be talking to you soon I hope.
-Gaddis
Rota Tarmac 3's 18x8" on 245/40/18 Dunlop SP Sport 600's, Perrin light weight crank pulley, PRW radiator, custom coilovers(not GC's), 9006 HID 4300k 50W low beams, DIY garage door lip, and SVXfiles brake kit. Fixxed exhaust so no more sweet sound.

97 White/Black trim Impreza Outback Sport (March 13/08) 150K-180K(sensor broken)Good news is EZ30R and 05' 6speed full powertrain swap is in motion!: Will be doing more work as I can. Gonna be run by a Hydra so yeah fun to be had.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis
Old 02-12-2009, 07:16 PM

Re: 6spd swap started

This thread has inspired me to do a 6 speed swap this summer

Well why not, I've already got a 6 speed 98 Impreza

What was the part number for the front axle seals, and do they seem to be holding?