Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Product and Service Reviews > Exterior Car Care Products

Old 10-08-2007, 07:46 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Tire review:Bridgestone RE-01r and RE-070

Figured I'd add my two cents on two Bridgestone products I've been using on my SVX this year; 225/45-17 RE-070 (STi take-offs) and 245/40-17 RE-01r.

The SVX is third car around the house these days and the RE-070 have been my "daily" drive tires. They were picked up cheap ($250 for all four w/5k miles) from a STi pilot looking to upgrade and have been a solid performing tire in both street use as well as when pressed in to autocross duty due to my being too lazy to swap wheels and tires before an event. They are decent in the rain but do tramline more than other recent tires (Kumha 712's, Bridgestone S-03's, Hankook RS-2's, Dunlop Sport A2, and Yokohama Avid V4's-yeah, I'm a tire ***** ) and are a noisy tire compared to almost all of the above tires. They are wearing very well with about 5k miles and MANY MANY autocross hot laps and a day of Evolution autocross school in the 90+ heat on an asphalt lot with about 30 runs. Very stiff sidewall compared to many of the above tires which results in nice turn in and good grip according to both of my Evolution instructors (both Solo National Champions). Very wide 225/45-17. Highly recommended if found cheap. if you are paying full price, read on.

The RE-01r's offer everything the RE-070's do in a quiter, smoother riding package. Awesome grip (best street tire-by far-that I have ever driven on), quiet especially considering it's an ultra-high performance summer tire, comfortable ride and stiff sidewall for great turn in response equal to or better than the RE-070's. I have noticed that the tread wear is higher than the RE-070s and I have noticed considerable center bar outer edge chamfering occuring after a few events. They are rotated after each event and race tires only so I'm not too concerned. Highly recommended for summer street use and for street tire limited class autocross. Shaving may reduce the tread wear I've seen.

Todd
Old 10-08-2007, 08:44 PM
Banned

Lightbulb tire tests

tirerack.com has great test results for tires almost all tested the same way. the kumho supra 712 is the most underrated tire and is almost as good as eagle f1 gs-d3 tires in the wet and dry

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: