How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2006, 07:24 AM

So get this...

I got a call yesterday from the shop thats doing the transmission in my SVX. It was in the car (rebuilt from Subaru) and they took it for a test drive. They put the car back up on the lift and found BOTH axle seals leaking from Subaru. They have another tranny being sent out. Man I feel for these guys. They have been jumping thru hoops dealing with the warranty company and the heat up here in the shop and then have to do it all again.

Well Car Craft is next weekend at the State Fair grounds and I was hoping to have the SVX down there. Looks like that may not happen now. Oh well, I'm just glad the a/c in the XT works great. Supposed to be in the low 100's tomorrow and muggy. Good day to sleep in I think.

Oh by the way guys, do any of you have a picture and part number of a good tranny cooler and where you installed it? I need to get that done asap now when I get the car back. The one I have with the fan on it is to big to install anywhere. I dont want to tear the front bumper off the car to install it.
Old 07-15-2006, 06:54 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
I have a permacool # 12511 with fan in the drivers fenderwell

I also have a B&M #70255 in front of the condensor but I don't have a pic online.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:47 PM
Inhabitant of Darkness

Registered SVX
that's cool/ i didn't know we could stuff so much extra stuff in the car
1992 Subaru SVX LS~L Ebony Pearl JDM 6MT/DCCD
2007 Subaru Legacy Spec B. Diamond Grey Metallic
Old 07-15-2006, 10:16 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

Send a message via AIM to gest24
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessofDeath
that's cool/ i didn't know we could stuff so much extra stuff in the car
Anything is possible... I wanted to get a small fan for my cooler but, its going bye bye in a couple weeks. Clean set up tho.
1992 SVX LS-L: Now TomStock Stage 3... 6MT, R180 Rear, Tomstock Short Shifter and hard rubber mount, Group N Motor and Tranny Mount, Stage 2V6 Chip, Z32 MAF, Stage 3 CAI, Stebro, Intake Cams, 17" STi BBS Powder Coated Black, Bridgestone Potenza RE070, and Koni inserts w/Mychailo's Springs!

Sand Diego SCCA Solo 2 #308

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX
88 XT6(regret the day I left her behind)

socaleuro.com They like the flat 6...

Check My New Homepage..
Old 07-17-2006, 05:45 AM

Hmmm

That looks like the cooler I have with the fan on it. I guess I need to pull the wheel and see if I am able to mount it like that. I had left it with them to do when they replaced the trans but I dont think they got the idea I was telling them. So do you guys still run them thru the radiator then?
Old 07-17-2006, 07:25 AM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcat55371
That looks like the cooler I have with the fan on it. I guess I need to pull the wheel and see if I am able to mount it like that. I had left it with them to do when they replaced the trans but I dont think they got the idea I was telling them. So do you guys still run them thru the radiator then?
I don't run mine through the radiator, but since you're up north it might be a good idea to or in wintertime you might not get the tranny fluid hot enough to lock up the torque converter.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:32 PM

Well

I dont drive the SVX in the winter, to much salt and crap on the road. I think I will keep it thru the rad anyway. Thanks for the info guys