How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 06-27-2005, 12:58 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
For Those Who Don't Really appreciate our SVX

This thread I am starting is targeting those who do not really appreciate the Jewel they have in their hands. I have owned my SVX now for 5 years, in each hour it passes, my love for that car grows more and more and still to that current moment.
I want to share with you an experience I had that past Saturday, actually three experiences: I asked my girl friend (just friends, but I am starting to have some feelings for her…) to the movies. When I got there, and parked the car, I saw a very famous Lebanese Singer (Georges Wassouf) checking my car and the mods I did to it. (note that my friend knows **** about cars, and especially mine, sadly). “you know that I used to own one of those! I still feel Nostalgic when I see one of them again? I really really love what you did to it, this is how this car should be”. The girl was like: “Oh Mr. Wassouf, very honored to meet you…. Really… I really love your songs…. BLAH BLAH BLAH… you know, hehe.
Unexpectedly he didn’t care much about the girl and kept our conversation about the SVX!! Hehe, cool!.
Then I took her at 12.30 midnight to a hi-class restaurant where I had a friend singer (www.jihadmahfouz.net) on show. When I arrived to the parking lot, a bunch of guys approached my car when I was still inside with the girl. They were around 5! So I was like: “Ummm, a fight? But what for? What did I do?” surprisingly, they were contemplating my Ride!!! They starting asking question…. The ususal… blah blah blah…the girl was like: “What’s with you and that car?? Is it that attractive and appreciated?”
“Well my dear, everybody is appreciating ME and my car except YOU”. She kinda gave me a sexy look with a big “?” in her eyes and a “I know what you want feeling, but you should work hard for it…” . Then we had a very lovely party and dinner, gave her ride home and went back to my house.
Here the story begins, and for those who are even thinking of selling their SVX’s, you all need a slap. I tell you this story: On my way home, I was going a 45 degree uphill, I saw Xenon lights in my center mirror. It was an SUV. I didn’t know what was it, but we started a race. Surprisingly he was on the same distance as I was, he couldn’t pass me, and neither I couldn’t go farther, but only on curves, I would make some distance. Then comes a long stretched road (always uphill), I saw the 90mph needle on my odometer. I heard the engine roar of the 4X4 behind me (kick down) and he was next to me and then passed me slowly and started to give some distance. What was it hein?: ML 55 AMG. And from the license plate, I knew it was my friend. We stopped near a local gas station and we started to talk. He really was amazed from the power of our car and he said firmly: “you gave me a hard time in our race”. “I was afraid I am gonna loose it, you know I got it like a year ago from the dealership…”
“MEET ME NEXT TIME WHEN I HAD MY 6mt ON, AND WE WILL SEE WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH YOUR STUPID AMG 55”
Hehe, big words from a very promising car. So guys from now on, I wanna rank our SVX not as a luxury sports coupe, but more like a real mean racing machine!!
Tell me what you think of that!!

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:25 AM
aka sir_romeo

Send a message via MSN to kuroneko_sama Send a message via Yahoo to kuroneko_sama
when i fill up atthe station i have people asking me if it came out this year, or the "what is that"...someone even asked if i made the windows look like that.

everytime im on the road and see a saturn, honda civic/accord, ford probe, mitsubishi eclipse with ha wing, body kit or something i can just smirk knowing i am better than they are.

jsut today i was at a stoplight and some guy in a pos multicolored primer covered mitsubishi eclips reved his oversized muffler'd engine (sounded liek a power corded weedwacker) and i just smoked him when the light turned green like he wasnt even there....despite his best efforts, i didnt even have to floor it... made me happy....

then later on that day some guy was driving like an idiot... in an eagle talon i think (ugly little thing with a wing)... swirving around peeling around corners (wanted his tires to squeel i guess) right infront of me... i got sick of being behind him so first passing zone i hit i passed him.... his gf and him just gave me the dirtiest of looks as he tried to accelerate to not let me pass... i just pushed the pedal down a little further and blew by him like he was standing still.... made me happy

he tailed me a little bit and when he tried to blow pass me i just hit my blinker and turned into the road i was going.... i bet his gf wishes she went home with me.

mind oyu im not into street racing or anything , i dont intend to over modify this thing to be track ready, i just like a comfortable ride.
i just basically want to say i love my power on demand, i love the looks it gets, and i love that feeling of superiority of driving it. and i loooove making those honda/vw/wanna be street racer dorks feel inadequate.... especially with their gf's in the car.

jsut the other day i was thinking of the next car i would get, and i was thinking how much i would miss this car if i got rid of it, and decided i never will... not even for a 97. this car is just too perfect. i look forward to the next several hunderd k ill put on it.
Car #26..'97 SVX Silver (120k and climbing)
previous SVXi:
Car #24..'94 SVX Ebony 216k (sold)
car #18..'97 SVX LSI "Ebby" Pearl 175k (sold)
car #19..'97 SVX LSI Brilliant Red 103k (sold)
car #14..'92 SVX Claret LS-L Touring (sold)
car #13..'94 SVX Laguna Blue LS (sold)

Last edited by kuroneko_sama; 06-27-2005 at 01:31 AM.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:21 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
I wish all of the guys will have that same feeling you have...

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:49 AM
KCROGUEDOG

it so funny about how every one thinks they have bad azz cars here (civics,focus u know gay things like that). the real cars are the cars with limited # and no more productions svx 300zxtt the 240 and even theres many more. companys try to come back out with and still cant compare in some departments. as every one looks and jaws drop with the i got to get my self one of those stares (not even knowing the make). i personally just turn my nose up and drive away. i rather not have 50 rallying kids trying to be unque like all of us and ruin our special limited # thing. it all about restoration and keeping the svx alive!
Old 06-27-2005, 11:20 AM

the thing i love about the svx is that nobody realizes how great it really is, nor even knows WHAT it is.

plus
the prices are so so so so so so so so so sos os so ososososososososososoosos
CHEAP for how SWEEEET these cars really are.

plus, i love how
every time i see a SHMUCK with his Rice-powered honda or whatever, knowing that he payed probably two or three times the price of my entire car just on lame "uprgrades" that make the car look and sound lame, i laugh with a gentle nudge of my accelerator as i pass them with ease...

all the while they kick down and try to get all hard and pass but to no avail for them...... it is just funny really

and, AWD and 3.3L POWER and LEATHER and WINDOWS and Smooth ride and EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

AND, the ridiculous amound of dedication it requires to own one... from finding it to acquiring parts to dealing with shmucks at the auto parts store.....

i knew the first time i ever saw one and had a chance to get a good look, i was hooked and i would someday get one... i now can see myself driving no other car....

anyway...

just a FEW of the reasons why i LOVE
my car
(not to mention the feeling of having all four wheels breaking free and getting sideways on crazy hairpins... thats another story tho )

enough ranting

oh, and lets not forget this awesome network full of folks who love our cars
Old 06-27-2005, 09:26 PM

The SVX is really "underrated", living in St. Croix, Virgin Islands, locals look at my car either confused or interested. One day, I was driving by a gas station and some guys was watch the SVX strangely and laughing. But, one of the guys told the guys that car is on a higher and different level. Since, I surrounded by Civics, Lancers, Accords and other cars that trying to get your attention, the SVX is sweet. So, please take of your SVX, since not much new cars don't catch my attention.
Peace Out,
sid
PS - I prefer the drive my red '96 SVX over my folks '98 GS 300.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:23 AM
aka sir_romeo

Send a message via MSN to kuroneko_sama Send a message via Yahoo to kuroneko_sama
intellibomb said it better than i did, i just couldnt find the right words, i am genuinly in love with my car, any upgrades will be subtle at best.
Car #26..'97 SVX Silver (120k and climbing)
previous SVXi:
Car #24..'94 SVX Ebony 216k (sold)
car #18..'97 SVX LSI "Ebby" Pearl 175k (sold)
car #19..'97 SVX LSI Brilliant Red 103k (sold)
car #14..'92 SVX Claret LS-L Touring (sold)
car #13..'94 SVX Laguna Blue LS (sold)