Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Upcoming Meets
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2005, 06:16 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Carlisle Import Show this Friday through Sunday

Its that time of year for the Carlisle Import show in Carlisle, PA. This is not the infamous Ricer show that had tons of trouble a couple years back but a "classic" show with tons of cool Euro and Japanese cars as well as kit cars and kit makers. It is Friday the 19th through Sunday the 21st of May. I know the race car will be there as will quite a few vintage subies. There is also a SCCA driver's school on Sat and an autox on Sunday (small but different as it is an oval track not just cones in a parking lot). You can still register for the field (I'd recommend this even if you only go for 1 day as you get 2 free passes into the show, great parking and can show off your beautiful SVX). It is $6 a person Friday, $7 a person $5 a person on Sunday if I remember correctly, $25 to register your car into the field. Trust me it'll be fine in the field as the Saab club brings practically new Saabs there. check out www.carsatcarlisle.com for more info.

Weather is to be 70ish and nice all weekend. If you've never been to Carlisle you're missing a great time. Tons to see and buy (if you like looking through all the stuff at the car flea market section).

Oh yeah, if you would decide to go and register your car. Put it under Ultimate Subaru for your Club as it'll help the vintage boys get to the 25 needed in order to secure a tent. VERY IMPORTANT when drinking 1/2 the day .
Old 05-17-2005, 07:45 PM
Superbeast

Sure Ben post it hear to remind me that I can't make it

Definitly a good time haging with all the guys, plus you will learn a ton about all makes and models of cool import cars and alot of stuff about kits cars you never knew. I know I did.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!