How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 02-04-2002, 05:57 AM
Green1995SVX

The love hate relationship

So im sitting here this morning... Pondering... What is it that keeps me loving this car so much. It requires constant mechanical attention, and it's eating my finances alive, yet i still have no regrets about buying it. There is just SOMETHING about this car that i cant help but love it. It must be one of those crazy japanese subliminal messages coming from the climate control or something. Anyway, im not really sure why i posted this. I guess I'm thinking out loud again

-Mike
Old 02-04-2002, 08:07 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Mike,
I think you've expressed the feelings many of us have. Though I'm more obsessed with this automobile than ANY I've ever owned, I'm not immune to the occasional, "Dammit, this car is eating me alive, I should get rid of it," thoughts. I think, in great part, it's signing on to this forum that keeps my butt in the seat and gives me the will to keep the car and do everything I can to keep it running. To get rid of my car would mean severing the one common thread that bonds me to the folks I've met here, and that, my friends, would be heartbreaking.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 02-04-2002, 08:26 AM
British Car Junky

Send a message via AIM to EveryShadeofBlue Send a message via Yahoo to EveryShadeofBlue
It IS heartbreaking, I did sever the ties. I still think about my car a lot and I especially miss it when some cool guy in a Civic, Integra, or Eclipse goes blasting past. The SVX would stop those people dead in their tracks on looks alone.
But the bright side of being SVXless is all the extra money I have now to pay off all the bills I racked up fixing my SVX. Just $4,000 more to pay off!

Jeff
Old 02-04-2002, 08:38 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by EveryShadeofBlue
It IS heartbreaking, I did sever the ties. I still think about my car a lot and I especially miss it when some cool guy in a Civic, Integra, or Eclipse goes blasting past. The SVX would stop those people dead in their tracks on looks alone.
But the bright side of being SVXless is all the extra money I have now to pay off all the bills I racked up fixing my SVX. Just $4,000 more to pay off!

Jeff
Which is not to say that "former SVX owners" are not welcome, and are not just as much a part as current owners.

I've figured out that, if I had all the money back I'd spent on meets alone, my car would be paid off. I'd still be in hock for the tranny work, but, what the heck. You only live once and the time is way too short.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 02-04-2002, 08:59 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: The love hate relationship

Quote:
Originally posted by Green1995SVX
So im sitting here this morning... Pondering... What is it that keeps me loving this car so much. It requires constant mechanical attention, and it's eating my finances alive, yet i still have no regrets about buying it. There is just SOMETHING about this car that i cant help but love it. It must be one of those crazy japanese subliminal messages coming from the climate control or something. Anyway, im not really sure why i posted this. I guess I'm thinking out loud again

-Mike
To paraphrase a character in Monty Python's 'The Meaning of Life...'

'...there's love in that car!'

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE

Last edited by Mr. Pockets; 02-04-2002 at 09:11 AM.
Old 02-04-2002, 10:50 AM
Green1995SVX

Re: Re: The love hate relationship

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

To paraphrase a character in Monty Python's 'The Meaning of Life...'

'...there's love in that car!'
haha... NICE "scared little girl" that really fits you.

-Mike
Old 02-04-2002, 10:51 AM
Lowered SVX

i will tell you what it is for me.

i take the car to the car wash, bring it home, get out of the car, and as i am going towards the house i pause just to take a quick look at the car. it is at that moment that i fall in love with the car and how it looks. low mean scowl, shiny and clean, aggressive, unique. i am just drawn to the damn car. it is at that moment that i dont care about the maintenance or the bills. the svx just has perfect lines and is a joy to look at.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"