How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-22-2003, 06:48 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: Re: test drove an SVX, now have questions...

Quote:
Originally posted by sv_rider

Thanks. Ann Arbor Subaru is where I drove the burgandy SVX yesterday. I was not impressed with the look of that place in general- a mostly dirt lot with a big metal-shed style building doesn't seem right for a new car dealer!
As I understand it, they're the largest Subaru dealer in Michigan. I'll believe that, since Subaru isn't...you know...Ford. And this is Michigan, after all.

Short, funny story. My wife is a teacher, and before her first school year in a new district (Wayne-Westland, also home to the big Ford truck plant) there was an orientation. The administration wanted to impress upon the teachers a sense of diversity amongst even the staff. So, during a lecture, the person speaking said, 'everybody stand up.'

Of course, they all stood.

'Now, everybody who owns an American car sit down and everybody who owns a foreign car stay standing.'

My wife didn't see it coming - she was one of four or five standing.

Anyway, I have mixed feelings about A2 Subaru. Their service department is pretty good. Their parts department has terrible service and insane prices. I have little to no experience with their sales staff. But, if you like, I will be happy to go take a look at that SVX this weekend and tell you what I think about it.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 05-22-2003, 07:01 AM
sv_rider

Re: Re: Re: test drove an SVX, now have questions...

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

Anyway, I have mixed feelings about A2 Subaru. Their service department is pretty good. Their parts department has terrible service and insane prices. I have little to no experience with their sales staff. But, if you like, I will be happy to go take a look at that SVX this weekend and tell you what I think about it.
If you have the time, you could check it out, just to see if your impressions are similar to mine. I don't, however, think that's the car for me, if only becuase it's got too many dings and dents, and I do have my standards So, please don't make a special effort on my part since I'm not going to buy it either way...

Even though I left SoCal almost 10 years ago, I still find it strange to be surrounded by so many domestic cars. Personally, they do nothing for me and I can't imagine owning one. There's just no accounting for some people's taste (or lack of)!
Old 05-22-2003, 07:30 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: Re: Re: Re: test drove an SVX, now have questions...

Quote:
Originally posted by sv_rider
Even though I left SoCal almost 10 years ago, I still find it strange to be surrounded by so many domestic cars. Personally, they do nothing for me and I can't imagine owning one. There's just no accounting for some people's taste (or lack of)!
I couldn't agree with you more.

Well, if I get a chance this weekend (I'll be in the office, anyway - only five minutes from A2 Subaru) I'll go check the car out.

Good luck finding the right SVX! It's worth the extra work to find a good one - I speak from experience.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 05-22-2003, 08:13 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Re: Re: Re: test drove an SVX, now have questions...

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

'Now, everybody who owns an American car sit down and everybody who owns a foreign car stay standing.'

My wife didn't see it coming - she was one of four or five standing.

Why didn't she sit down? Her Legacy would've come from Indiana. Last time I checked that you don't have to go through customs to get there as you do Mexico or Canada.

Welcome to the board Chris! Good luck in your search. Are you looking for something to drive while the Mini's at the dealer for repairs (just kidding) pretty fun car to drive. The issues will get solved just like with any totally new car.

I know what she's refering to with the brakes going quickly. My guess is she gets the cheapest pads available or was talked into organic pads to not mess up the rotors. They really don't last much more than 20k.
Old 05-22-2003, 08:36 AM
sv_rider

Re: Re: Re: Re: test drove an SVX, now have questions...

Quote:
Originally posted by benebob

Welcome to the board Chris! Good luck in your search. Are you looking for something to drive while the Mini's at the dealer for repairs (just kidding) pretty fun car to drive. The issues will get solved just like with any totally new car.
Thanks! No, the only problem I've got with the Mini is that I sold it (even though it's still in my garage) - hence my looking for a nice SVX. Various other things didn't work out like I hoped, so I that has forced me back into the car market.

I was considering new and used Subaru's before I got the Mini, so now that I am in the market again, it's only logical that I came back to them. Not to mention that I drive more in the rain/cold/snow than I do when it's nice out (that's what the SV650 is for!), so AWD makes sense for what I need/want. Add to that that I enjoy not seeing carbon copies of my car coming at me in the other lane, and here I am on the SVX board