Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2003, 06:29 PM
iyamwutiam

Calling all SVX owners in Southen and Central Jersey

PM me - I think we may have the opportunity to do a great -win/win deal for all of us.
I have an interesting propsal where we could help each other.
Old 04-13-2003, 07:09 AM
Making tires round, Six now :)

Just how good is it? Do you have a stash of 92 SVX's for sale at $1500 each?
Old 04-13-2003, 11:04 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
if there is a good deal, I'll move. What is the deal?
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 04-13-2003, 11:20 AM
iyamwutiam

OK already -

Well Reaper's car is up for sale
I figure a few of us get it and use it as a parts resevoir -
for example one gentlemen - will store the car.
If four guys come in on the deal this is what I envision:
each guy gets a full size spare - right off the bat
I get my windshield which I desperately need as well as the power windows assembly on the drivers side.
Others can get rims, suspension parts, power steering pump, etc etc.
In my view - we preserve the SVX for SVX owners - we all save money in buying spare parts and we all have access to parts should we ever need them for the car.
This is the deal. I spoke with Reaper briefly about his car and felt that this was the best way to go for everyone. He gets the car out of his way - we get the full size spares and parts.
He PM'd me - I think it took him by surprise but I feel that this way - by us buying the car and keeping it for spares - it would be an awesome idea. Atleast the four or five of us will know where to go when we need a part
Old 04-13-2003, 11:53 AM

What is the condition of the car that you are thinking of parting out?

If it is still in ok condition, do not part it out man, they are as rare as they are. Not worth loosing one for parts. Parts are cheaper than a whole car. If the car is not in great condition, I want parts.

L
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Old 04-13-2003, 12:13 PM
iyamwutiam

Condition

Its Reapers < he has a locker - plus check his thread and you can guess the rest. Its salvageable but at a more price .
Old 04-13-2003, 12:18 PM

Re: Condition

Quote:
Originally posted by iyamwutiam
Its Reapers < he has a locker - plus check his thread and you can guess the rest. Its salvageable but at a more price .
From the pics, the car looks fine.

L
Old 04-13-2003, 12:25 PM
iyamwutiam

Read Reapers post - there is work on it - like a TRANNY and some other stuff
Old 04-13-2003, 06:23 PM
DoLittle

I would buy the thing and just fix it. that way one more SVX lives to see another day I mean check Ebay there is allot of SVX's going for parts Why kill another?
Old 04-13-2003, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DoLittle
I would buy the thing and just fix it. that way one more SVX lives to see another day I mean check Ebay there is allot of SVX's going for parts Why kill another?
I agree. With the body like that, that is a keeper. Swap a 5 speed and you are set to go. If I have the money, I would keep her.

L
Old 04-13-2003, 06:53 PM
DoLittle

I could buy it with the price he has on it but I would Like it if he came down.. Fix it up and go race it...

Last edited by DoLittle; 04-13-2003 at 06:57 PM.
Old 04-13-2003, 08:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to Reaper450128
OK, sounds like several people really don't want to see my car broken down and sold off piece by piece, perhaps there is some good thought behind that. iyamwutiam, give me a call and lets discuss this before we decide to go ahead and part it out, as my parents aren't too fond of the idea either (even if my driveway is not the storage location). Perhaps it would be better off sold to someone who wants a 5-speed project car, albeit one in rather poor condition in a lot of areas.

For those of you who want to see this car stay in one piece, while I agree with you, bear in mind there is a lot of work to be done to this car. Visually its pretty nice, only a few areas really need work, but transmission problems aside, it still has bearing, brake, power-steering pump, seat-belt, wiper, and catalytic converter issues that need to be addressed before it is road-worthy again. It may just be the transmission giving the engine trouble, but it does have trouble starting (it tends to oscillate in rpms for about 5-10s coming very close to and on occasion stalling out as a result). However, I do think that if someone is willing, using this as a 5-speed project would allow the car to be driveable again for far less money, probably under $2000 on top of the cost of the transmission swap, exact amount of course depends on who does the work.

I won't be enteraining any more purchase offers until I have settled something with iyamwutiam, as we did agree to that last night.
Old 04-14-2003, 05:29 AM
iyamwutiam

We'll talk

Well I would like to say - that first DOlittle can purchase the car since thats what he wants to do. As for me - I do just bought my car and can not spend 2K or more on the car. I really thought he wold sell for 1.5K and towing and storage and a split of parts we sold.
Since that is not happening any longer - then good luck in selling the car- - it may be a good idea to send the aditional 5 K on the car for tranny and other things - but honestly for those owners who were lucky to have one but don't have 5 to 10K layin around the decision is to sell.
Old 04-14-2003, 09:36 AM

Send a message via AIM to Reaper450128
Since you seem a little pissed in that last post, I guess I need to defend myself. We never had a solid deal, so this entire thread really shouldn't exist. Don't sell cars you don't own yet. At the very least you could have consulted me before putting this up here. By the way, in reference to that PM I sent you last night, I would have been willing to hold onto the car until you had the cash, but since you don't seem interested, that deal is off the table.

Now, given that the car is now no longer sold, its up for sale again. I have given DoLittle first shot at it since he seems most interested right now, but I will put it on ebay if he decides he doesn't really want it. At the very least, I will no longer enterain the idea of parting it out, both for the reasons given by posts in this thread and because I really could use the money quicker than that would bring it in. I need to move on to the next thing, and I can't do that until I am out debt to my parents. This car will be sold as is, where is, whoever buys it may do with it as they wish, I just want to get rid of it at the moment. Someday, when I have the cash to buy a nice 1995 or later, I may come back to the SVX scene, but until then I simply can't afford the upkeep on an older one.
Old 04-14-2003, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Reaper450128
Since you seem a little pissed in that last post, I guess I need to defend myself. We never had a solid deal, so this entire thread really shouldn't exist. Don't sell cars you don't own yet. At the very least you could have consulted me before putting this up here. By the way, in reference to that PM I sent you last night, I would have been willing to hold onto the car until you had the cash, but since you don't seem interested, that deal is off the table.

Now, given that the car is now no longer sold, its up for sale again. I have given DoLittle first shot at it since he seems most interested right now, but I will put it on ebay if he decides he doesn't really want it. At the very least, I will no longer enterain the idea of parting it out, both for the reasons given by posts in this thread and because I really could use the money quicker than that would bring it in. I need to move on to the next thing, and I can't do that until I am out debt to my parents. This car will be sold as is, where is, whoever buys it may do with it as they wish, I just want to get rid of it at the moment. Someday, when I have the cash to buy a nice 1995 or later, I may come back to the SVX scene, but until then I simply can't afford the upkeep on an older one.
PM me on what you want on the car. Also exectly what is wrong with it. I was told there is a list of things wrong but all seems fixable.

L