How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 04-10-2002, 06:05 PM
gcookaustin

dashboard lights

Should ALL the lights light up when the car is turned to ON? I remember not seeing the FWD light and another one on the bottom row (I forget what it was). Thanks!
Old 04-10-2002, 08:20 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Cool

Oddly enough, the low fuel light doesen't lite. It's there - you just have to drive on empty for 50 miles or more 'til it lites. Then you have at least 3 gallons of fuel left. Part of the SVX charm.
Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 04-10-2002, 08:23 PM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron Mummert
Oddly enough, the low fuel light doesen't lite. It's there - you just have to drive on empty for 50 miles or more 'til it lites. Then you have at least 3 gallons of fuel left. Part of the SVX charm.
Ron.
I've only seen mine once, and it took some real guts for me to drive with it on empty that long. What a car... what.. a.. car.

-Mike
Old 04-10-2002, 08:34 PM
EverclearAtMSU

Quote:
Originally posted by Green1995SVX

I've only seen mine once, and it took some real guts for me to drive with it on empty that long. What a car... what.. a.. car.

-Mike
what a car w/ a gas gauge that messes w/ you I acctually filled mine up to 13 gallons yesterday! The needle was sitting under the red stripe on my gauge! and to top it off the light hadn't come on yet! At least I'll never have the problem of running out of gas w/ this car, as I'm the type of person that wont fill it up till it's empy. Oh, good news, gas is down by 20 cents here!!!
Old 04-10-2002, 08:40 PM
srmifer

Quote:
Originally posted by EverclearAtMSU

what a car w/ a gas gauge that messes w/ you I acctually filled mine up to 13 gallons yesterday! The needle was sitting under the red stripe on my gauge! and to top it off the light hadn't come on yet! At least I'll never have the problem of running out of gas w/ this car, as I'm the type of person that wont fill it up till it's empy. Oh, good news, gas is down by 20 cents here!!!
i had my needle bisect the "E" on the gauge...and the low fuel light never went on. i think i filled her up with just under 15 gallons that day...i'm not sure what the low fuel light goes on at, but i guess it wasn't low enough
Old 04-10-2002, 08:43 PM
EverclearAtMSU

Quote:
Originally posted by srmifer

i had my needle bisect the "E" on the gauge...and the low fuel light never went on. i think i filled her up with just under 15 gallons that day...i'm not sure what the low fuel light goes on at, but i guess it wasn't low enough
I saw mine once, mostly because i was going up a hill
Old 04-10-2002, 09:13 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
You guys are chickens -- you have to push it to the limits

The last time I filled mine, it took 17+

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 04-10-2002, 09:16 PM
srmifer

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph

The last time I filled mine, it took 17+

Lwin
where was the needle on your gauge at??? i was freaking out when mine got into the E...then i swore at it after i filled it up...but that's why i love the car
Old 04-10-2002, 09:58 PM
92_SVX_LSL

yeah when i first bought my SVX i would always fill up at about a quarter tank. But then my dad told me to run it down and see how far i could go before my gas light came on, and then still drive to see how far i could get. I drove it around on the empty line for about a day and then it got to the "E" and it still hadbn't come on and i drove around for about another day and it was still resting on the "E" and so i figured that the gas light just didn't work so i was on my way to get gas and at the stop light it came on. So now i know. Since then i have drove many miles with the gas light on. I have gone over 400 miles on a tank of gas. I love this car.
Old 04-11-2002, 12:40 AM

Gas lite?

that's what a friend of mine told me.
the gas tank is underneath the backseats, so there is a problem
to point it right at the gauge.
mine was at "E" for a long time and there was no lite, then suddenly the lite went on, about 20 kilometers they lite went off again.
so you can be sure, if the needle on the gauge says "E" there
is still a lot of gas left.
I also LOVE that car.

greetings to all SVXers

keep that rare car alive!

mfg hrc
Old 04-11-2002, 08:37 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by srmifer

where was the needle on your gauge at??? i was freaking out when mine got into the E...then i swore at it after i filled it up...but that's why i love the car
It was way below "E"

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 04-11-2002, 12:22 PM
svxpete

FWD light NOT

You should normally NOT see the FWD light in the upper left display. You will see it if you put the FWD "troubleshooting" fuse in however.
Old 04-11-2002, 12:58 PM
Making tires round, Six now :)

It was a thrill finding out WHEN the little gas pump light would show up. Riding around on E for a day and hopeing the light works and then YES the light does work 400 miles with no trouble on a tank of gas. Going down hill the light comes on and going up hill it's out.

But I really love when the gauge says empty and then it goes up to 1/4 tank. The car makes gas
Old 04-11-2002, 02:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to kuoh
I ran mine till it was completely empty a couple of weeks ago. 5 more miles and I would've been at the gas station where I was going to fill it up anyway luckily, a friend was able to help. I think I got about 60-80 miles after the light came on before it died. Not something I want to repeat again.

KuoH

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph
Old 04-11-2002, 03:18 PM
gcookaustin

Re: FWD light NOT

Quote:
Originally posted by svxpete
You should normally NOT see the FWD light in the upper left display. You will see it if you put the FWD "troubleshooting" fuse in however.
What about when the car is turned to ON and before it is started? All the other lights but one come on.