Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 07-02-2006, 09:13 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Sorry, I'm just a little stressed lately and nothing gets me fired up like a thief or people who total awesome cars being stupid. I never meant to imply I don't do my share of speeding, But I don't fly around blind corners trying to hit pedestrians or people on bikes and so on. He had to be going retarded fast to do that kind of damage to an SVX and I notice he isn't to interested in answering how fast he was actually going. And as was said before, If he had to total his car to keep from hitting someone from behind, He was to close. Sure everyone screws up, But damn. Ain't there such a thing as common sense?
Old 07-02-2006, 10:34 PM
KCROGUEDOG

Thanks manarius. my mistake went my way and not on to others big man so chill. sorry u didnt find my car first u sound upset. and if u did i garantee u would have not shelled out the cash for it anyways. so for what i own i can do what ever i want with regardless of what it is. it is not your car so stop crying. and if i really wanted to impress the bikes my busa would do just that. not my car jack azz. i was following friends one slowed to a crawl for no reason till now. i had time to react the car didnt want to so i took the way i took out. ok no more of this junk. if u want to see the junk click the linky poo. thank u. wait one more thing as i hit the curb i remember nothing as air bags blow up in my face. my right ankle is fractured there is a hell of a posibility that my foot slammed on the gas as i got knocked out. this is what i feel happened. and seems to be the only explaination for total carnage.

Last edited by KCROGUEDOG; 07-02-2006 at 10:37 PM.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:47 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCROGUEDOG
Thanks manarius. my mistake went my way and not on to others big man so chill. sorry u didnt find my car first u sound upset. and if u did i garantee u would have not shelled out the cash for it anyways. so for what i own i can do what ever i want with regardless of what it is. it is not your car so stop crying. and if i really wanted to impress the bikes my busa would do just that. not my car jack azz. i was following friends one slowed to a crawl for no reason till now. i had time to react the car didnt want to so i took the way i took out. ok no more of this junk. if u want to see the junk click the linky poo. thank u. wait one more thing as i hit the curb i remember nothing as air bags blow up in my face. my right ankle is fractured there is a hell of a posibility that my foot slammed on the gas as i got knocked out. this is what i feel happened. and seems to be the only explaination for total carnage.
No thanks. I prefer 92's cause they are faster. Plus I don't have to deal with stupid OBD II crap and can mod my car without the government ruining the fun as much. And you can go ahead and do what you want with your own crap, Just make sure you can handle it first superman. And on another note, You want me to believe you reacted and the car didn't with the mods you have listed? Either you were going retarded fast, had CRAP tires or don't know how to set up a suspension. So how fast were you going?

Last edited by Budfreak; 07-02-2006 at 10:53 PM.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:55 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manarius
Woah, I think that before we jump to conclusions and call this guy a crappy driver, that we should learn the full story. I read all the posts and still don't get what happened. I know speed must have been a factor, but I know for a fact that some of the posters on this forum aren't exactly people who drive the speed limit (I don't drive the speed limit, that's for sure).

So, maybe before we start turning this into a flame war, let's get the whole story about what happened and then start flaming people.

And even if it turns out that he did screw up...so what. He made a mistake. We all make mistakes at some point in time. There's no reason to be absolutely rude to someone because they made a mistake.
Speed is nothing without control. Self control and abiltity to read the car's limits in the current conditions. Not saying I don't speed but when you are throwing 3600-3800 lbs of weight around, it can cost lives if you are careless thats all. Don't be dumb and keep it smart, thats all

Tom
Old 07-02-2006, 11:12 PM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
Speed is nothing without control. Self control and abiltity to read the car's limits in the current conditions. Not saying I don't speed but when you are throwing 3600-3800 lbs of weight around, it can cost lives if you are careless thats all. Don't be dumb and keep it smart, thats all

Tom
Ditto on that Tom. I'm not a racer, and I don't pretend to be. My car is definitely not a race car, nor do I treat it as such. I can't afford to, I love my car and my license far too much.

It seems though that in this thread, I'm one of the few who doesn't seem to have an axe to grind. I know SVXi are rare and I know that when one gets torn up, that it's like having a mini-stake driven into your heart, but like I said before, it's no reason to be rude. And for the record, just because one person is rude doesn't mean that it allows for the other person to be rude back.
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi

Last edited by Manarius; 07-02-2006 at 11:15 PM.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:59 PM
KCROGUEDOG

yes my car handled like a champ. but being stuck between to high curbs there is no room to manuver. just slow down. and that apperantally didnt work. now if there was no one there the corner is cake. but by cloging the lane i was left with one option. i will not explain again. yes i was going to fast to slow down but not to turn. my mistake im paying for.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:13 AM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
yes my car handled like a champ. but being stuck between to high curbs there is no room to manuver. just slow down. and that apperantally didnt work. now if there was no one there the corner is cake. but by cloging the lane i was left with one option. i will not explain again. yes i was going to fast to slow down but not to turn. my mistake im paying for.
All that's important I guess is nobody is dead and you learned a lesson. Be more careful where you decide to speed excessively next time and always take into consideration your surroundings and run the what if's through your head at least once before smashing on the pedal. You must always be prepared for the worst and stay one step ahead of the car and never forget about all the people around you waiting to screw up and take you with them(Like your buddy on the bike who stopped for no reason). Good luck and be careful.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:02 AM
KCROGUEDOG

Thanks bud. No bad blood. Just the last thing I need right now was more weight on what happened. Believe me I feel that I really am left here for a reason. So from now on Im looking at different angles on everything. Taking it easy. Woo Saaa.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:52 AM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX
Glad you and your friend are alive. That is the most important thing. Cars can be replaced.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:45 PM
Domo Arigato

Wow that's probably the worst SVX wreck I've seen. Glad you are OK..

Links:
2004 Honda S2000 (2008~)
1992 Subaru SVX LSL Liquid Silver (2007~2008)
1996 SVX LSi Bordeaux Pearl (2006~)
2002 Lexus IS300 Sportcross (2005~)
1992 Subaru SVX LSL Pearl White (2001~2005)
1994 Mercury Sable GS (1999~2001)

1/43 Scale SVX Models

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-03-2006, 06:18 PM
Endangered Species

Send a message via MSN to -JJ-
Mate i know how it feels to roll a car (not an svx), it is the heavyest and depest sickness i have ever felt, i was pale for like a week, i dislocated my right ankle in that accident too, so lesson learned, so glad you are alive, and your mate aswell, shame you will not get another svx, and we will be a member down in this community.

After such a horrific incident i see it as unnessesary to flame, dispate the truths told, after my accident i didnt need anyone to tell me to slow down, or get driving lessons, i knew, and this added to that deep sickly feeling, so after some advanced driving courses and a greater awarness of how frickin hard metal hits, im am here a proud svx owner.

i wish you all the best mate, may you keep out of harms way, and who ever is up there keepin any eye on you continue to protect you.

Peace
Jake

removed intake silencer, k&N pannel filter, trans cooler, 94 JDM 4eat, Noltec front swaybar mounts, Motorsport D&S disks with EBC Greenstuff pads

Last edited by -JJ-; 07-03-2006 at 06:20 PM.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:35 PM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
[QUOTE=-JJ-]Mate i know how it feels to roll a car (not an svx), it is the heavyest and depest sickness i have ever felt, i was pale for like a week, i dislocated my right ankle in that accident too, so lesson learned, so glad you are alive, and your mate aswell, shame you will not get another svx, and we will be a member down in this community.

My WORST crash, was a 100 MPH end over end, in a Renault Le Car, after passing a pick up truck,(I was in the grass ) that was passing a tractor trailer, the day ealier mounted tire RF, left the wheel, and after crashing into the guard rail at 100, was tagged in the RR bumper by the TT, and slid 700 feet on the roof, in the TR7 looking Le Scar!
It has not happened since!
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 07-04-2006, 06:40 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
[QUOTE=svxfiles]
Quote:
Originally Posted by -JJ-
Mate i know how it feels to roll a car (not an svx), it is the heavyest and depest sickness i have ever felt, i was pale for like a week, i dislocated my right ankle in that accident too, so lesson learned, so glad you are alive, and your mate aswell, shame you will not get another svx, and we will be a member down in this community.

My WORST crash, was a 100 MPH end over end, in a Renault Le Car, after passing a pick up truck,(I was in the grass ) that was passing a tractor trailer, the day ealier mounted tire RF, left the wheel, and after crashing into the guard rail at 100, was tagged in the RR bumper by the TT, and slid 700 feet on the roof, in the TR7 looking Le Scar!
It has not happened since!
You probobly hit your head a lot in that accident.... so many things just got explained

Tom
Old 07-04-2006, 07:25 AM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
[QUOTE=TomsSVX]
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxfiles

You probobly hit your head a lot in that accident.... so many things just got explained

Tom
Or the MANY high side motorcycle accidents, altercations,,,,,,,,

Oh look, a birde.
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 07-04-2006, 07:52 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
I totaled my ride. 2 tele poles a 9 ft ditch 2 curbs and a tree. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=59054776 use this link. or look up dustin gottstein on myspace or user name Gots2GetMine. Enjoy I didnt. And yes I am ok compared to what happened. Check the whole slide show.

You've been blessed so live and learn. As a bike rider who see's idiots like you do the same thing every day I really don't have much sympathy for you. If like you say you had control (which you didn't otherwise it wouldn't have happened) then why didn't you simply brake. Even my ancient motorcycle will stop at least 30 feet faster than anything I own (including my SVX racer). Sure maybe you're friend shoudn't have slowed down as much but evey the best of bikes will be outhandled by your average Kia in turns. Its simply the nature of a bike to need less speed especially with an unexperienced rider.

Just be happy that:
1. You didn't kill your friends in your moment of stupidity
2. You didn't kill a pedestrian or another driver because of your mistake
3. You didn't kill yourself or your passenger by screwing up

Take what I, Budfreak and Tom have said to heart. We're not jumping down you're throat for no reason but rather trying to make you understand that YOU alone are responsible for your actions and when you're behind the wheel of a 3800lbs out of control piece of steel YOU can do a lot of damage to yourself and others. If you wanna speed and act like an idiot behind the wheel go to a track (which if you act that way you won't last long before you're banned on one) otherwise let the rest of us live on the road.