Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 09-11-2002, 10:00 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Thumbs up Re: Chevy Sprint Turbo is correct

Quote:
Originally posted by wawazat??
Made by Suzuki. Three cylinder, turbo charged, fuel injected and intercooled. Five speed, 12 inch wheels and 74 screaming horsepower. One liter (actually 998cc) of fury. Had a blast in ours. My wife used to drive it when we were in Pittsburgh. Great for blasting through traffic. Got about 40-45 mpg on the freeway. Not the most comfortable for road trips.

Bought it for $1000 in 1993. Drove it until 1997 when I traded it for some repair work/parts on the SVX that would have cost us about $700.

Still miss that car.

Todd

It's always a pleasant flashback for me to remember some of these little cars that were a blast to drive in tight situations. I met a girl in Germany back in '66 who had a Fiat 770 (770CC) that could corner like mad, make a lot of neat noises between shifts, & would probably strain to hit 70MPH. But it was really "pizzaz" compared to the VW beetles that surrounded it in that era. Due to my love for that little car, I bought a Fiat 850 Coupe and also married the girl.
I miss both of them.

Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 09-11-2002, 11:04 PM
The Road Less Traveled

And for more useless trivia...

It is a Suzuki Forsa, that's also branded by GM as Chevy Sprint or Pontiac Firefly. Here in Canada, we did get the Suzuki branding, but I think in the US, Suzuki didn't market it.

I know Suzuki has a joint plant with GM in Ingersoll, Ontario, and I *think* that's where they were built.

VK
Old 09-12-2002, 12:58 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Andy
cor... an old model Suzuki Swift GTi.

I had the replacement model with the 1 litre (liter for you on the other side of the pond.) 4 cylinder engine out of the GSX1000 bike producing over 100bhp. Sold it after I soiled my pants.

Andy
Old 09-12-2002, 11:11 AM
Ca$h

ha. You guys are good. It is a Sprint, with a turbo charged intercooled 3 cylinder.

I think it looks *****in. He bought this to drive daily while his neon is being built up: He has a 95 Dark green 5 spd coupe that he's ..eh.. it's going to be scary. He bought a 2.4 turbo engine from a mexican stratus from ebay, he's putting new pistons, rods, rebuidling the whole block, garret T3 turbo, 75mm mustang tb, 3" exhaust system all the way back. Supposedly going to have over 400hp.

Did I mention the thing will look almost completely stock? HehehhEheHEhHeh.

Anyway, he's working on the spring this weekend. New intercooler, new clutch, and new brakes.

- Ca$h