Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 09-11-2002, 11:39 PM

SVX in Europe

I was in Europe for about six-weeks,this summer. I was in a country probably none of you have heard of, Macedonia. Now lets get one thing straight here. The cars you see in this country are usually late model mercedes and bimmers and just recently audi. This country is poor.One of the poorest in Europe, I went there to see my Grandma and some uncles and other relatives. I HATED being there, i mean it sucked big time. No McDonlads or Subway or any other fast food joint.So, 1 month into my vacation I decided to go to the travel agency and check if i can get the hell out of there sooner than what my dad booked us for. I went to the travel agency and there was no room on the plane to leave sooner,i was pissed.I walked outside to have a cigarrete when what do i see. A green svx,probably a 95 like mine .I was surprised to see it ,especialy in this crappy ass country. It had Alaska plates. Unfortunatly I didnt get to see who the owner was. And, if i did see him or her I would of asked" Why the hell would you bring an svx to this country ". ohh and BTW , a full tank of gas for a little 4-banger mazda 323 was $80 bucks american currency.
Old 09-12-2002, 12:34 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Re: SVX in Europe

Quote:
Originally posted by fait_svx
I was in Europe for about six-weeks,this summer. I was in a country probably none of you have heard of, Macedonia.
You think Macedonia is bad, try Albania. What's worst? Kosovo. I was there too. Most likely, the car was owned by a NGO personal or a US diplomat (who has not change his plate yet). Why did you choose macedonia? Were you from there originally? I'd gone to greece or cyprus for a trip. Not to the balkens. Had too much to balkens in the last couple of years.

-- Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 09-12-2002, 01:37 AM

what nationality are you Seraph. What were you there to see?
Old 09-12-2002, 02:27 AM

Unhappy Eastern Europe!

If you come from US to Macedonia it must be a big shock!
In general all the eastern European countries are poor.

If you look at the map Austria is northern of ex-yugoslavia (Slovenia, Croatia, Yugoslavia, Bosnia, Macedonia)

I have only been in Slovenia and Croatia and theses countries aren't that poor anymore.

Seraph has travelled alot of countries, like I have seen on his homepage. He also has been to vienna
So we could have had a mini-meet if I had had my SVX earlier

greetings from Austria
Old 09-12-2002, 08:49 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by fait_svx
what nationality are you Seraph. What were you there to see?
I am Burmese. My dad works for the United Nations and we moved a lot. The balkan trips were made by myself to setup internet servers and routers for different governemnts and NGOs. I was working for a Law School. I built the internet server for Ministry of Justic (Bosnia), routers for them as well. I also setup database/internet servers for NGOs in the other balkans.

-- Lwin

ps. do you know that CocaCola has a plant in Albania? It's only about five minutes away from Tirana on the airport road.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 09-12-2002, 09:27 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Andy
Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph

ps. do you know that CocaCola has a plant in Albania? It's only about five minutes away from Tirana on the airport road.
And I always thought it came from bottles

Andy
Old 09-12-2002, 09:59 AM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Unhappy Re: SVX in Europe

I went there to see my Grandma and some uncles and other relatives. I HATED being there, i mean it sucked big time. No McDonlads or Subway or any other fast food joint.

Wow, I'm terribly sorry you were inconvenienced by a lousy little country somewhere that didn't resemble the wholesome cookie-cutter suburban scene that some ugly Americans assume is their worldwide entitlement. So what were your relatives eating- dirt? I'm not trying to be overly judgmental here, & perhaps you know more about the history of Macedonia than it appears, but if you don't; I'd suggest you learn about your heritage. Perhaps you'll be a tad more tolerant of conditions outside of this wonderful country.

Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 09-12-2002, 11:08 AM

Registered SVX
Question Re: Re: SVX in Europe

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron Mummert
I went there to see my Grandma and some uncles and other relatives. I HATED being there, i mean it sucked big time. No McDonlads or Subway or any other fast food joint.

Wow, I'm terribly sorry you were inconvenienced by a lousy little country somewhere that didn't resemble the wholesome cookie-cutter suburban scene that some ugly Americans assume is their worldwide entitlement. So what were your relatives eating- dirt? I'm not trying to be overly judgmental here, & perhaps you know more about the history of Macedonia than it appears, but if you don't; I'd suggest you learn about your heritage. Perhaps you'll be a tad more tolerant of conditions outside of this wonderful country.

Ron.
Ron!!!! have you never experienced fast food withdrawal?