Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2002, 01:26 PM
srmifer

Question Engines

Ok, so I'm getting an engine put in my car. Now here's my question...the SVX got 'slower' as the production year increased. I believe by 1997, the 0-60 time was almost a full second slower than the 1992's. Now, is this because of engine restrictions as the years progressed? If I'm getting a '96 engine dropped in, then that means it'll run the 0-60 comparable to a 1996 SVX??? Thanks!
Old 04-25-2002, 01:28 PM
Green1995SVX

Re: Engines

Quote:
Originally posted by srmifer
Ok, so I'm getting an engine put in my car. Now here's my question...the SVX got 'slower' as the production year increased. I believe by 1997, the 0-60 time was almost a full second slower than the 1992's. Now, is this because of engine restrictions as the years progressed? If I'm getting a '96 engine dropped in, then that means it'll run the 0-60 comparable to a 1996 SVX??? Thanks!
I think it has to do with either the ECU, or the Transmission... That's just a guess though.

-Mike
Old 04-25-2002, 06:12 PM
srmifer

Re: Re: Engines

Quote:
Originally posted by Green1995SVX

I think it has to do with either the ECU, or the Transmission... That's just a guess though.

-Mike
good good...i don't want it to go slower...i think my mech found a '96, so we'll see. at the latest, i should hopefully have it back in two weeks. i am so attached to this car it's not even funny...pity it doesn't have that much room in the back tho...lol...nothing can compete with a suburban w/ the third seat out when you're with two very fine ladies can't forget the blankets either haha...anyways, i can't wait to get my car back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-30-2002, 09:40 PM
red95svx

SVX speeds

I always thought that the newer SVX's were slower because they were heavier. Seems like they gained some poundage as the years went by. The changes they made to the tranny might account for some difference also.

David