Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 09-03-2004, 01:52 PM

Question Repair Manual

Hey guys/ Ladies, i just bought a '92 SVX and i love it! I need to know which repair manual is best and where can i get one. Also, i need to adjust the tranny brake band, what's the best method and do i need to backup the adjusting screw/ bolt after i made the adjustments and how many turns. how do i know when i have turned the adjusting bolt enough? one last thing, i'm considering an oil cooler fot the transmision and i have found engine and AT combo coolers, are these better since the engine run a little hot? i live in Maryland so it does get hot in the summer. thanks...

Bert
Old 09-03-2004, 02:00 PM

greetings, Bert

You can find all the info you'll want (and then some) on the brake band adjustment, coolers and such by doing a search of this site. Check-out the "how-to's", too.

Enjoy that fine ride.

dcb
Old 09-03-2004, 02:19 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Welcome to the site!

Out of curiosity what makes you think the band brake needs to be adjusted?
Old 09-04-2004, 10:08 PM

hi, I've noticed that 4th gear slips and when i come to a stop on an uphill road and i lift my foot of the brakes, the car moves back as if it had a standard tranny. also when i'm on 4th and on the gas to pickup some speed, the engine will rev-up a lot (3500+ rpm) before picking up any speed. i have a 99 firebird with an auto transmision and i don't see this type of behavior from that car. i''d trully appreciate any help on this problem.

thanks in advance, i really like this website and all the ifo on such a unique car.

Bert:

Bert
Old 09-07-2004, 10:48 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I hate to say it but I believe this tranny is on the way out and is in need of a rebuild.

When my tranny died it first started to flare in the 3-4 shift. Then it started to slip if I moderately accelerated in 4th. It got to a point where 4th gear would not hold any speed and 3rd started slipping. That's when I changed it.