Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 09-18-2003, 10:04 PM

Thumbs up Thanks to Mike Davis at Kervin Subaru

Today started off bad this morning. I found out while trying to get something to eat at McDonalds that my passenger side window on my SVX would not work. It was stuck in the down open position. I called a fellow co-worker to meet me at a local Suby dealer, I raced down to the dealer only to find out that they could not take my car until next week Tuesday, I went to another Suby dealer, same story. Luckily my friend and co worker followed me home and dropped off my car at home. Late for work on top of all that. I called up Mike at Kervin Subaru and asked general question concerning my problem. He suggested that my electrcal contacts could be dirty and worn out. So tonight, I spent my time taking the inner door panel out and the window switches apart. And sure enough, they were dirty from all the years of use. I cleaned it out with Q-tips dipped in rubbing alcohol. I also tested it out, the passenger side worked but I had to really push on th e switch to get the window down. I then carefully wrapped aluminum foil around the metal contacts. (2 contacts for each window except the drivers side) Tested it out again, works like a charm, works like new again. Thanks Mike for the tip. He could of just said to buy a new "Switch-power window main" for $85 and call it a day. But he gave me an alternative to try to save me money, and it worked. Anway before I a babble on, I just wanted to say thanks to Mike at Kervin Subaru, and with that gesture made me a loyal customer. Hmm, mabe a trip is in order to visit his dealership to order my 2005 Subaru Legacy B4?

Last edited by awdsvx; 09-19-2003 at 06:25 AM.
Old 09-19-2003, 02:55 PM

Service is what it is all about! Would I buy another Subaru from my dealer? In a heart beat. Way above and beyond the call of duty constantly. They treat you like a somebody (to coin a phrase)

That's a Subaru
Old 09-19-2003, 06:16 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to newsvx
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by T.McCaw
Service is what it is all about! Would I buy another Subaru from my dealer? In a heart beat. Way above and beyond the call of duty constantly. They treat you like a somebody (to coin a phrase)
Isn't it a shame that more dealers DON'T realize that good service (and treating customers like they are someone relatively important) brings more business via repeat business and referrals? And of couse the reverse is true also - do me wrong and I will let the world know about it, and recommend people avoid the place!

Harry
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
"I live with fear every day. Sometimes she lets me go racing."
"Getting Older and Slower"
Locker: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?newsvx