SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-21-2003, 01:22 PM
danrowski

Thumbs down More Ebay warnings *Long*

Greetings folks,

Here is the deal:

About three weeks ago I ordered some cross drilled & slotted rotors for my svx from a company off of Ebay. The sellers Ebay ID was "rotorsdirect." I saw on one of thier auctions, but they offered a number that you could call and you could order some rotors straight from them. Well, I did that and thought everything was going as planned. I thought VERY wrong. I was told I was going to be emailed a confirmation and tracking number for my order. I was also told that my rotors and pads would be shipped out next day because they had them in stock. I waited about four days and then decided to call and see what was up because I had never received an email. So I call and I spoke to a guy named "chico" or something close to that. He didn't seem all that bright so I made sure to speak slow and clear. Turns out my rotors had to be sent to the shop for some more work. I was kind of upset but I got over it. I was told that they were going to get them back the next day and they would be shipped out at a discounted rate and I would again receive an email. After about another four days I still had no email. I called again and was told that my brake pads were not in stock and had to be ordered. It would be another two days before they got there. Now I was getting even more upset and Mr.Chico was getting a bit of an attitude. After explaining to him how proper business was done, he agreed to pay for the shipping and send it all out the next day. Yet again I was to receive an email. This time I waited three days and still no email. I then went and got my Bible and sat in right in front of my face and then called them back. Doing my best to keep from lazy English, I asked what was going on. I was then told that because I used a "Discover" credit card they had to call into the Discover card company and get a confirmation. So instead of calling me and telling me this they just sat there and waited for some unknown reason. After explaining to them what they should have done, and yet again explaining how proper business was to be conducted, they said they would send my order out next day air free of charge. I advised them that if I did not get my email stating all this had been done, I was going to pursue legal assistance. And from the way they spoke they would not have liked that too much. I told them play time was over and I wanted my stuff and I wanted it quick. Now for some unGodly reason my order was shipped to the wrong address. I did get my email however and it looked like a 4th grader had typed it. It all made sense to me now. So after going and picking my order up from across town I thought all was well. NOT HARDLY. What else could have gone wrong you say? Apparently they charged my card TWICE and I was now over my credit limit. As you guessed, I am VERY PISSED. Already having my rotors, I then proceeded to rip them a new one for about an hour. I couldn't help it. Such stupidity had to be punished. Shockingly they stayed on the phone. Ballsy I must say. Thinking it was all over I went home and actually dug into the box and went over each rotor with a fine tooth comb. The rotors themselves were made alright but there were some brutal looking blemishes on one of the rotors. I thought about calling them about it but I saw no point. Overall this was my single most horride experience as an internet consumer. Hell I would say that was my worst experience PERIOD. Hopefully you folks can heed my words and not make the same mistake I did with these clowns. Holy crap this is long one! Well anyways, best of luck to you good people and have a lovely day.
Old 04-21-2003, 01:33 PM

DAAAAAAANNNNNNNGG!

sorry for all the problems they caused you even though there is nothing i can do about it. that really sucks. i would call someone...better business or something. where the hell are people's morals and ethics sometimes... if i can do anything...send them hate mail or something, let me know

Kelli

ps, thanks for the warning too
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 04-21-2003, 02:17 PM
Porter

WOW! I'm glad I haven't placed an order yet.

It was my impression that they dealt in Brembo and Bradi rotors? OR ARE THESE KNOCKOFFS?

Grrr... the Raceconcepts rotors are looking a little better... but I'm basically at an impasse now. Risk something like this with RotorsDirect or buy a set from Raceconcepts when their site has absolutely no information about their product?

Grr... gotta find a DBA dealer and get those instead. It'll turn out for the best!
Old 04-21-2003, 02:23 PM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by Porter
WOW! I'm glad I haven't placed an order yet.

It was my impression that they dealt in Brembo and Bradi rotors? OR ARE THESE KNOCKOFFS?

Grrr... the Raceconcepts rotors are looking a little better... but I'm basically at an impasse now. Risk something like this with RotorsDirect or buy a set from Raceconcepts when their site has absolutely no information about their product?

Grr... gotta find a DBA dealer and get those instead. It'll turn out for the best!
Porter- If ou want to know more about the RaceConcepts rotors, send an email to them. Wood, the guy who responds to the mails and the phone is very helpful and will tell you anything you would like to know. A network member actually toured their facility a few months back. The set of rotors I got for the Reading meet were Bradi. The ones on my car are Bradi, and I believe someone else got Brembo from them.

Mike
Old 04-21-2003, 02:52 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Not to mention that all of us that have gotten RaceConcepts rotors are very pleased with them!

(and I'm not on their payroll like Mike and Earl )

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...
Old 04-21-2003, 08:53 PM
check out www.planetsvx.com

not to mention...

you always had us as an option....
we usually keep a few pairs on hand all the time....

CLICK the LINK below to Visit the SVX Store:

http://www.planetsvx.com

http://www.motorsportwarehouse.com/svx/sig2.jpg

Cars in the garage:
92 Toyota Soarer Single Turbo JDM RHD
70 Boss 302 Mustang 39k original miles
97 SVX Lsi
92 Liquid Silver Murano-ized (1st of its kind)
71 Cougar Xr7 Conv 351c 4v 4spd
69 SS Camaro 350
71 Nissan RHD Fairlady Z
70 Stang Fastback
70 Amc AMX 390
71 240z
89 Conquest TSi w/ 5.0 v8 swap
84 Mustang GT Turbo conv

"good, if it bleeds, we can kill it ....."
Old 04-21-2003, 10:39 PM
not just a fan, a Member!

also,
from the posts about the last group buy, it seems like poeple are happy about the irotors people
mrspyder: gotta have a drop top in cali...

always looking for a reliable 5spd svx...
Old 04-22-2003, 03:32 AM
Founder / Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Chris
I ordered and got a front set of rotors from RaceConcepts and love them. I have abused the heck out of them and have not experienced a single problem. Just my $0.02

ECU Tune (stage 1), PWR (prototype aluminum radiator)
Amateur Radio - General Class - K7SVX
#1 92 Teal LSl 246k (Dedicated SVX Race Car, now with 4.44 speed)
#2 92 Teal LSl 125k (Retired, car rescued from a field of weeds)
2007 Impreza 2.5i Special Edition, Obsidian Black Pearl (Daily driver)
2001 Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab, Cummins turbo diesel 4x4 (race car & RV hauler)
1985 Honda VF500 Interceptor (fair weather fun commuter)

Going on 11 years of NHRA bracket racing
NHRA Div 6 Car/Driver # T654 (site being rebuilt, new name is www.teamsvxracing.com)
2000 1st Place Club Challenge Series
2002 3rd Place Season Track Champion, Import Racing (Firebird Raceway)
2003 4th Place Season Track Champion, Import Racing (Firebird Raceway)
2003 1st Place NW Regional Import Shootout (July 5th)
2004 1st Place Club Challenge #1 (Firebird Raceway)
2004 1st Place NHRA "King of the Track" race
2004 NHRA Gold Cup 2nd place season win
2004 Import/Sport Compact 3rd place season win
2004 Division 6 Summit/ET NHRA Race of Champions finalist competitor (Mission, BC)
2007 1st Place Import Survival #3
2007 1st Place Track Champion Import Summer Jam (Wild Street Class)
2007 1st Place Import Survival #5
2008 Club season 1st place win, Club Champion
2008 2nd Place Season Import Final.
2008 Division 6 Summit/ET NHRA Import Finals (Woodburn, Or)
2009 2nd Place Import Summer Jam (Wild Street Class)
2010 1st Place Club race #2 - 1st place Sport Compact race #1 & #2
Old 04-22-2003, 03:49 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

re: irotors

no problems with irotors here. got rotors and pads. nice people to talk to. no bs.

harry
Old 04-23-2003, 05:17 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
No problems here with rotors direct. They had Bradi stamped in them (I guess they could fake that if they wanted to) They haven't warped yet even with some insanely high speed stops lately.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.