IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2007, 08:59 PM

NEW SVX Owner! (NY)

Hey Everyone,

I just bought a used SVX.

I was told it was a '94, but i'm a bit confused by the options. I was hoping it was the LSi model (AWD) .. it has a dark grey leather interior though, with a lighter gray suede-like (ecsaine?) lining along the door panels. Power locks, windows, sunroof, mirrors, 6 speakers, etc. On the instrument panel, where on the upper left quadrant a model of the car is displayed, "FWD" is lit up in red. I guess this means I have the L or LS model, because I can't find anywhere to shift it to AWD .. but I was thinking why would it say FWD, if it was ONLY able to do FWD. Then again, going by the options list, leather power all etc. I would think this was the LSi.

Anyway, it's green and has 140,000 miles but the engine is purring (I should say growling) strong and the tranny shifts very smoothly. Is it just me or does this car's exhaust note sound like a VERY large cat ;] I believe the transmission has been rebuilt. There are alot of dings on the car and I have to retouch the paint in many places.

My main concern, aesthetically, is that the front grille and turn signals are cracked. I have had trouble locating a replacement grille. IF anyone can point me to a site, a person, whatever .. it would be greatly appreciated.

If anyones curious I payed 1700 for the car. IT has its share of problems but, i'm going to invest some time into it and fix what I can. Again, any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm going to take some pics when I give it a carwash too, so you guys can see what I'm working with.

Peace!

P.S. >>> I'm thirsty for knowledge and have been scouring this site, but I am unable to locate a downloadable user's manual anywhere. Any suggestions?

-D