SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2014, 12:36 PM

Registered SVX
My windshield adventure (Warning Long)

So this spring my windshield got bad enough that I decided to get the insurance co. to replace it. Saga started early July
1) First glass shop "we can not get you one you will have to talk to the dealer"
2) Dealer says "None in Canada but there is a Bronze one in Oregon" he goes on to explain that I need to get a claim number and suggests a local glass shop that he deals with on lots of the time.
3) Second glass shop starts the claim process, but runs into a problem with the cost of the windshield and the age of the car. The automatic system will not complete without "authorization" and pictures are not enough must take it down to the local ICBC (Insurance Corporation of British Columbia) claim center .
4) At the claim center the adjuster says he can't do the evaluation using the "short form" that the glass shop uses and I need to start the claim process over again by calling the central "claim center" and making sure that they use the "long form".
5) Central claim center starts the process but I have to wait 3 weeks for an appointment to see the adjuster.
6) The adjuster looks at the SVX, and says he needs to find a comparable car for sale in Canada to see if it would be less expensive for them to replace the car rather than just the windshield, and he would call when it has been done.
7) About 2 weeks later I finally get the call that my windshield replacement has been approved.
8) Back to the glass shop, I give them the new approved claim number.
9) The following week the glass shop calls and says the windshield is ordered and on the way.
10) Approx another 3 weeks and the glass shop calls me to make a decision because the windshield form Oregon was bronze but came in "smashed" so they returned it to the dealer and had them bring in another one but it came in green. even though it had the same Subaru part number and the dealer says that that is all that is available. I decide to put it in and live with the wrong color.
11) So I now have a new windshield in the SVX, (see pic 1) I asked the glass shop to give me the shipping boxes for it, so I now have a shipping box if anybody needs one.
12) When I looked at the label on the box I was surprised to see it was made this year (see pic 2)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg windshield1.jpg (201.2 KB, 319 views)
File Type: jpg windshield2.jpg (72.4 KB, 317 views)
1992 Teal SVX parts car