Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > ECU Tune Projects
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2015, 07:45 AM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Re: Performance transmission build

The forward clutch drum is the first thing that goes in. For some reason I evidently didn't feel like taking a picture of that.

The next thing that goes in is the overrun clutch hub. You use Vaseline to stick the bearing to its bottom side and Vaseline to stick the plastic spacer to it's top side. Yes, petroleum jelly is the correct goo. It's pretty much impossible to build a transmission correctly without it. Almost every part in the stack has a bearing or a spacer stuck to its underside and you need something to make them stick so they stay where they belong while you are installing the part. Petroleum jelly mixed with atf is also great assembly lube.

Here's the forward clutch hub and a one way clutch. It needs to be taken apart. Just because it came out in one piece doesn't mean everything stayed where it belongs. In fact the spacer between the two is out of place. The tongs that stop it from spinning are not in the holes where they should be. I take it apart, lube up the one way clutch (the part that looks like roller bearings but isn't), install the forward clutch hub, stick the spacer to the rear ring gear, and install the ring gear.

Next I install the rear planetary and sun gear: