SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-22-2002, 07:46 PM
bjones

Hello SVX - Better luck this time?

I'm posting this as a new thread to avoid the risk of "the curse" migrating from the thread "Hello SVX .... Goodbye SVX" which I started a couple of weeks back.

A quick summary for members who haven't seen that thread. I bought a black 92 with 174000 km (108000 miles? - can't remember for sure and I don't have a calculator up here). I had various problems (not the dealer's fault) culminating with an engine failure, and ended up taking the car back for a refund. The thread ended with me having found, totally unexpectedly, another SVX the day after I had received my money back on the first one!! I have bought the car and took delivery today - and had to drive it home in freezing rain (ah, the joys of a Winnipeg winter!).

It's a 92, only 90000 km (56000 miles), dark teal with some minor body rusting. I was able to view the car before the dealer had cleaned it up and I've spoken at length with the previous owner and the car seems to have been well maintained (I only have a partial service record but it looks good). Fluids all look nice and clean, a couple of very minor fluid leaks under the hood plus a leaky rear transmission seal which I will fix asap. A few rust spots on the body (I plan to get it repainted) but the underside is in excellent condition (one rust spot about half an inch in diameter). The car feels more powerful than the previous one, the transmission (still the original) shifts very smoothly and doesn't seem to do anything untoward, and the car is rattle-free and smooth riding.

I feel much happier about this car than the first one , perhaps the engine failure of the black one was a blessing in disguise.

Wish me luck!!