Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > 25th Anniversary Meet (2017) > 10th Anniversary Meet
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2002, 09:19 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by wasions
I'm not all that far from the event, like 2 1/2 - 3 hours, but if anyone will be running north on 41 in Indiana (Aredub?, Bill?, Anyone?) or somewhere close to that, maybe 57?, I'd like to jump in line. Let me know when you'll be coming through. (Randy, if you'd rather not be seen with 'Kermit', I'll understand. )
I'll most likely be taking 41 up. We'll definitely have to hook up. I'll be happy to be seen with Kermit. Of course of Bill comes our way, will we travel Green Pearl Green, Green Green Pearl, or, Pearl Green Green?
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 04-14-2002, 12:12 AM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
Has anyone notified the local press, the 'My Classic Car' (is that the name?) show, etc.? How about someone at the plant p.r. office mapping a SVX logo on the parking lot for the cars to park on for an aerial photo? The owners/drivers could stand below in 'Subaru' order. How about a few fun competitions, such as the clean engine, best in show, furthest travel, etc. with some sponsored awards? (Meguiar's, Zymol, Tire Rack, Pep Boys, et al) Maybe we could generate enough publicity that the factory would pop for a free reman tranny to one of the winners....
Old 04-14-2002, 12:25 AM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by Beav
Has anyone notified the local press, the 'My Classic Car' (is that the name?) show, etc.? How about someone at the plant p.r. office mapping a SVX logo on the parking lot for the cars to park on for an aerial photo? The owners/drivers could stand below in 'Subaru' order. How about a few fun competitions, such as the clean engine, best in show, furthest travel, etc. with some sponsored awards? (Meguiar's, Zymol, Tire Rack, Pep Boys, et al) Maybe we could generate enough publicity that the factory would pop for a free reman tranny to one of the winners....
Talk about an approperiate prize... Tranny would be nize (rhyme?)

You know... Speaking of zymol... I got a little sample packet of the stuff the last time i showed my cavaler (i know) and I tried it on the svx. I wasnt all that wild about it... didnt seem to do much for the shine. If anything, it made it less shiney... Smells like coconuts though. Cant beat that.

-Mike
Old 04-14-2002, 09:30 AM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
The 3000gt / stealth guys are having a similar gathering
http://www.midwestgathering.org/home.html

They have Hooters sponsoring them!!!
If they can get hooters with those cars we surely can at least get a high school cheerleading team.

They also have a 900hp stealth coming - Does anyone know peppe's email address - we can beat that easy with his 983 hp svx.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 04-14-2002, 09:58 AM
svx2003

I live in Lafayette, IN... I know where everything is (SIA)... if I could be of help to anyone... I am willing to do so.
Old 04-14-2002, 11:54 AM
SVX Black Belt Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Beav
I was thinking just last night whether someone was planning to do a T/Polo Shirt commemorating the event.

I can hit up Snap-on for a tie-in prize (no promises - they hate me ). Like maybe "Best use of (uh) Tools"? How about, "Most realistic impression of a Snap-on ratchet by an SVX wheel bearing". Hmmm. Somebody give me an idea here.
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 04-19-2002, 09:54 PM
FKA....thndrmtn92svx
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to MNYPNNY Send a message via Yahoo to MNYPNNY
Registered SVX Classic SVX
We're staying at Homewood Suites and plan on coming in on Friday from KC, MO.
Anyone who may be heading east from the CO area on Wednesday or from KC on Friday, we'd like to hook up with.

I still think we need a commemmorative T-shirt that shows the date etc on front and "nobody said this would be cheap" on the back.

-- Michelle

'92 LS-L - copper - 190K miles
'94 LS-L - pearlie - 92K miles

*still have '92 parts*
Old 04-19-2002, 10:31 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Quote:
Originally posted by thndrmtn92svx
We're staying at Homewood Suites and plan on coming in on Friday from KC, MO.
Anyone who may be heading east from the CO area on Wednesday or from KC on Friday, we'd like to hook up with.

I still think we need a commemmorative T-shirt that shows the date etc on front and "nobody said this would be cheap" on the back.

-- Michelle
We used to autocross/rally an '80 Subaru AWD Wagon. I had t-shirts made for our 'team'.

Mine: SUBARU (Front)
Hers: INEXPENSIVE (Front)
AND BUILT TO STAY THAT WAY (Back)

'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>