Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > ECU Tune Projects
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2006, 06:52 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
cool, I lost my fuel pump time this week due to my oil pump anyway... Next week

Tom
Old 09-12-2006, 09:42 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

Send a message via AIM to gest24
Mike, any update on when the chips will be shipped?
1992 SVX LS-L: Now TomStock Stage 3... 6MT, R180 Rear, Tomstock Short Shifter and hard rubber mount, Group N Motor and Tranny Mount, Stage 2V6 Chip, Z32 MAF, Stage 3 CAI, Stebro, Intake Cams, 17" STi BBS Powder Coated Black, Bridgestone Potenza RE070, and Koni inserts w/Mychailo's Springs!

Sand Diego SCCA Solo 2 #308

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX
88 XT6(regret the day I left her behind)

socaleuro.com They like the flat 6...

Check My New Homepage..
Old 09-12-2006, 11:12 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by gest24
Mike, any update on when the chips will be shipped?
as soon as i can get a chance to test out the e85 code. Which should be tomorrow night. Sorry for the delay,
phil
Old 09-13-2006, 02:38 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

fired the car with 85 today, it stalled once, started it back up gave it a rev and before i knew it the car was idling better on E85then on gasoline. Smells good too Cruising around the car behaved just as it would on gasoline. It runs very smoothly, and dosnt buck as badly while decelrating. The exhaust tone is slightly differnt but sounds great.

I have a 10lb spring in so i couldnt go full wot for too long without running out of fuel, but the car feels good. THe map is perfect, dropping down to about .76 lambda when i go wot. WIth all the extra cfm im pushing it would creep up fast so i obviously am running too much boost for our injectors on ethanol. I never ran into knock though.
AS its been cooler out i have been running out of fuel on gasoline at 8lbs of boost so i am going to either bump boost back down or just not worry about it and call it a project success for the summer atleast.
so this is really no suprise, but E85 runs very smoothly. Ship away

P.S. I rolled into hte parking lot when the gas light had been on for a good 15 miles. IT was running at about .95 Lambda but since there was a gallon or so of gas still in the car im sure that will come back up to a perfect 1.0 at idle. Awesome job mike, ill report back when i have finished the 3 gallons off and switch back to gas for a tank or two before the car is in storage for the winter.

phil
Old 09-13-2006, 05:02 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
Cost??????
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 09-13-2006, 05:05 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
Never mind I just checked out LAN's web site
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 09-13-2006, 05:06 PM
Maniac modifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname
to answer your previous questions if i remember them correctly.

Price:
Stage 2v6 is the same price Stage 2v5 was. Of course since there are now owners of previous versions of the stage 2 software with z32 maf meters I added a much cheaper upgrade option for those of you who fit into that category. For previous stage 2 owners the upgrade is $129. Before anyone who doesn't fit into that category tries being slick let me say when I say stage 2 owners I actually mean purchasers. To get the $129 price you have to be listed in our records as a stage 2 purchaser.

How do you get it:
order from our website. Wait a few days though. We aren't shipping it till our prototype tester verifies the e85 code is working correctly. I'll post in here when he does.
Always check the thread before asking questions that probobly have an answer

Tom
Old 09-13-2006, 07:13 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
I spoke with Phil a little while ago and it seems the question some had about if E85 would make more power or not has been resoundingly answered with OH YEAH! Quite an accomplishment in my mind considering how well 2v6 gets power out gasoline. Speeking of gasoline I need to update our information on gasoline and 2v6. The ability to run regular unleaded gasoline was not dropped with the 2v6 software. The gasoline software in 2v6 works very well with all grades of unleaded fuel. I've been driving on regular unleaded since I finished the software.

He's going to fill up again so we can verify lambda at idle with a tank of fuel that is strictly e85 without the remnants of the last tank of gas left in it. When I get that info later tonight I'll be able to program the first ROMs with the official 2v6 software and send out the upgrades to you faithful early adapters who already ordered them.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:41 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Just spoke with Phil again. The lambda is right on. I'll be packing up the orders that have already been placed tonight and getting them out tomorrow.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:40 AM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Fantastic. I'll have mine installed for the Lime Rock time trial on October 2. CART (Connecticut Autocross and Rally Team) has classified me as F/SP (they are using Solo classes) Looked at the cars in the class, and seems like I might have a bit of an advantage in that class. Potential thread hijack detected. Will relocate to General SVX Babble

94 LS-i Emerald Pearl, 106,xxx,; 246 whp; Tomyx snorkus and HKS Cold air intake; PWR aluminum radiator, silicone hoses; Inline thermostat; enhanced coolant routing; external power steering and oil coolers; Phenolic intake manifold spacers; 2004 WRX 5 speed transmission; ACT Clutch Kit, Heavy Duty Pressure Plate, Lightweight flywheel, performance disc; Group N motor mounts; ‘07 WRX 4-pot front calipers, cryo-treated slotted Tribeca rotors; Hawk HPS ferro-carbon pads; Frozenrotor rear slotted rotors; SS brake lines, Axxis Ultimate pads; Rota Torque 17x8 wheels; 245/40-17 Bridgestone RE01-R's; Koni inserts with Ground Control coilovers, Eibach springs; K-Mac camber/caster adjustable strut mounts; Urethane swaybar bushings; Bontrager rear sway bar; Urethane differential bushing; Custom Whiteline adjustable rear lateral links; Outlaw Engineering forged underdrive pulley; custom grind Web intake and exhaust cams (11 mm lift, 250° duration); solid lifters; CP custom aluminum forged 11 to 1 pistons, Brian Crower coated SS intake & exhaust valves; Brian Crower upgraded springs w/ titanium retainers; NGK sparkplugs; RallyBob (Bob Legere) ported and polished cylinder heads; Eagle H-beam rods; ACL Bearings; Cometic Head gaskets; ARP head studs & fasteners; Hydra Nemesis EMS; Wideband O2 sensor; 740cc Injectors; Walbro 255lph fuel pump; Upgraded WRX starter; Equal length SS headers (3 into 1); dual Magnaflow cat converters; 2 into 1 into 2 SS exhaust with Bullet muffler; OT Fiberglass hood; Oil pressure gauge; Programmable shift light,

2017 Subaru Forester XT, metallic dark gray, 29,xxx

2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabrio, 24,xxx

2006 Subaru Outback LL Bean, 166,xxx sold

92 LSL Dark Teal, Smallcar Shift Kit - sold
Old 09-14-2006, 04:27 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Another small update. As mike has said the lambda is right on. The car starts and runs good, smoothly. I have no put 130 miles on e85 with little or no troubles. No report on gas milage as i put 13 gallons in, and no gas light as of yet. My fule guage has a stuck floater and reads empty almost all the time

phil
Old 09-18-2006, 04:19 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Switched back over to premium last night. Car did not miss a beat. I am really happy with this software. Im sure you all will be too
Old 09-18-2006, 04:43 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

Got my stage 2v6 today... gonna go pull the ECU and install the new chip. Can't wait to get rid of the jerry rig stall bypass, lol.
1992 SVX LS-L: Now TomStock Stage 3... 6MT, R180 Rear, Tomstock Short Shifter and hard rubber mount, Group N Motor and Tranny Mount, Stage 2V6 Chip, Z32 MAF, Stage 3 CAI, Stebro, Intake Cams, 17" STi BBS Powder Coated Black, Bridgestone Potenza RE070, and Koni inserts w/Mychailo's Springs!

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX

Check My New Homepage..
Old 09-18-2006, 05:45 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Quote:
Originally Posted by gest24
Got my stage 2v6 today... gonna go pull the ECU and install the new chip. Can't wait to get rid of the jerry rig stall bypass, lol.
sweet, let me know how it goes. Im bored lol
Old 09-18-2006, 10:01 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

Just got back from cruising around SD. The new version is nice. Snappy and quick. The dyno shop I usually go to was closed so I'll have to try another day to get dyno time and see how the new plots look.

My only issue was with the isis valve. I removed the bypass that Tom and I put on and replaced it with a straight piece of hose. But then the car was idling at 3K. Is my isis valve messed up from the bypass or do I need a check valve in the hose?

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX

Check My New Homepage..