Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > ECU Tune Projects
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2006, 12:26 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

Send a message via AIM to gest24
Well another update on my 2v6 experience. AutoX went well, new tires and the new software made a significant difference. Now only if I had experience the SVX would be a lot quicker, lol.

Now as for passanger feedback, my friend took his first ride in my pearl since the new software. He's been in it from 2v5 w/4EAT and 2v5 w/6MT. Last night we took the pearl out and he noticed a change in the power curve. I personally have noticed the tourque is almost always there now in 6th gear. I pass traffic up hill.

Next step is to go over to the AWD Dyno shop and see how the new graphs look. I'm thinking of doing a tune with him and seeing if we can massage my baby to 200whp.
1992 SVX LS-L: Now TomStock Stage 3... 6MT, R180 Rear, Tomstock Short Shifter and hard rubber mount, Group N Motor and Tranny Mount, Stage 2V6 Chip, Z32 MAF, Stage 3 CAI, Stebro, Intake Cams, 17" STi BBS Powder Coated Black, Bridgestone Potenza RE070, and Koni inserts w/Mychailo's Springs!

Sand Diego SCCA Solo 2 #308

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX
88 XT6(regret the day I left her behind)

socaleuro.com They like the flat 6...

Check My New Homepage..
Old 10-10-2006, 12:53 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by gest24
Well another update on my 2v6 experience. AutoX went well, new tires and the new software made a significant difference. Now only if I had experience the SVX would be a lot quicker, lol.

Now as for passanger feedback, my friend took his first ride in my pearl since the new software. He's been in it from 2v5 w/4EAT and 2v5 w/6MT. Last night we took the pearl out and he noticed a change in the power curve. I personally have noticed the tourque is almost always there now in 6th gear. I pass traffic up hill.

Next step is to go over to the AWD Dyno shop and see how the new graphs look. I'm thinking of doing a tune with him and seeing if we can massage my baby to 200whp.
What ecu/piggy back is he going to tune with?

phil
Old 10-10-2006, 01:22 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

Yeah... I don't know... lol. I was going to go over to the shop and talk to him about what we could do to improve things. I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to "tuning" and all the technical aspects of things like that. But I'm always open for ideas/tips.
1992 SVX LS-L: Now TomStock Stage 3... 6MT, R180 Rear, Tomstock Short Shifter and hard rubber mount, Group N Motor and Tranny Mount, Stage 2V6 Chip, Z32 MAF, Stage 3 CAI, Stebro, Intake Cams, 17" STi BBS Powder Coated Black, Bridgestone Potenza RE070, and Koni inserts w/Mychailo's Springs!

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX

Check My New Homepage..
Old 10-10-2006, 01:32 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phast SVX
What ecu/piggy back is he going to tune with?

phil

Hydra?
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 11-13-2006, 12:48 AM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Anybody else who has stage 2v6 want to give their opionions/impressions on it?
Old 11-14-2006, 10:54 AM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX Classic SVX
I am about to reconnect my automatic air bypass valve. I had previously connected a manual valve into the line to cure the 5MT stall problem. Have users of Stage2 V 6 who have 5MT or 6MT notcied any stall problems? I know the new chip was supposed to adress this problem, but seeking user confirmation. Thanks.

94 LS-i Emerald Pearl, 106,xxx,; 246 whp; Tomyx snorkus and HKS Cold air intake; PWR aluminum radiator, silicone hoses; Inline thermostat; enhanced coolant routing; external power steering and oil coolers; Phenolic intake manifold spacers; 2004 WRX 5 speed transmission; ACT Clutch Kit, Heavy Duty Pressure Plate, Lightweight flywheel, performance disc; Group N motor mounts; ‘07 WRX 4-pot front calipers, cryo-treated slotted Tribeca rotors; Hawk HPS ferro-carbon pads; Frozenrotor rear slotted rotors; SS brake lines, Axxis Ultimate pads; Rota Torque 17x8 wheels; 245/40-17 Bridgestone RE01-R's; Koni inserts with Ground Control coilovers, Eibach springs; K-Mac camber/caster adjustable strut mounts; Urethane swaybar bushings; Bontrager rear sway bar; Urethane differential bushing; Custom Whiteline adjustable rear lateral links; Outlaw Engineering forged underdrive pulley; custom grind Web intake and exhaust cams (11 mm lift, 250° duration); solid lifters; CP custom aluminum forged 11 to 1 pistons, Brian Crower coated SS intake & exhaust valves; Brian Crower upgraded springs w/ titanium retainers; NGK sparkplugs; RallyBob (Bob Legere) ported and polished cylinder heads; Eagle H-beam rods; ACL Bearings; Cometic Head gaskets; ARP head studs & fasteners; Hydra Nemesis EMS; Wideband O2 sensor; 740cc Injectors; Walbro 255lph fuel pump; Upgraded WRX starter; Equal length SS headers (3 into 1); dual Magnaflow cat converters; 2 into 1 into 2 SS exhaust with Bullet muffler; OT Fiberglass hood; Oil pressure gauge; Programmable shift light,

2017 Subaru Forester XT, metallic dark gray, 29,xxx

2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabrio, 24,xxx

2006 Subaru Outback LL Bean, 166,xxx sold

92 LSL Dark Teal, Smallcar Shift Kit - sold
Old 11-14-2006, 11:09 AM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname
Anybody else who has stage 2v6 want to give their opionions/impressions on it?

would love to...oh, that's right, I only have the 2v5
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 11-14-2006, 11:45 AM
Just some dude.

I would like that confirmation as well. It seems likely that I found the cause of the mt stall and fixed it but since I don't have one it's just theory until you guys confirm it for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunslade
I am about to reconnect my automatic air bypass valve. I had previously connected a manual valve into the line to cure the 5MT stall problem. Have users of Stage2 V 6 who have 5MT or 6MT notcied any stall problems? I know the new chip was supposed to adress this problem, but seeking user confirmation. Thanks.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:25 PM
Just some dude.

Actually you and guest24 may be the only svx's with manual transmissions that have 2v6. A lot of the manual transmission guys are on the economy side of the community not to mention I think there are more vanagons running around with 2v6 than svx's at this point.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:57 PM
Subaru Swapper

Send a message via AIM to AFBeefcake
Once I get my 5 speed swap done. I hope to get 2v6.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:21 PM
Frequent User

Quote:
Actually you and guest24 may be the only svx's with manual transmissions that have 2v6. A lot of the manual transmission guys are on the economy side of the community not to mention I think there are more vanagons running around with 2v6 than svx's at this point.
Mr. Lan,

Does this mean you have plenty of $$ to put the manual transmission in your car and post up some "tuned" dyno plots? It will be exciting to see what your tuning skills can produce, given multiple hours on a DynaPac. 2v7 could be the breakthrough the SVX community is waiting for. Full documentation of your dyno runs would be appreciated.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:19 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

I would've got some dyno plots for the V6 but the local AWD Dyno shut down. But the good ol butt dyno tells me the tourque curve is better but drops off quick at 6300. Peak pull feels like its at 5500-6000.

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX

Check My New Homepage..
Old 11-14-2006, 07:31 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
Quote:
Actually you and guest24 may be the only svx's with manual transmissions that have 2v6.
......... Always left out!
Old 11-14-2006, 07:35 PM
Just some dude.

Did you take my post to mean that there are thousands of vanagons running 2v6 rather than very few svx's running it? I'm not exactly sure how very low volume svx sales equates into a justification for me to pour more of my time and money into rapid product development.

I believe the 2v6 software showcases what my tuning skills can produce through interative improvements resulting from months of my own road testing and the feedback provided by end users. If the ability to more acurately measure high flow air intakes up to twice the mass of stock, performance throttle enrichments, performance timing maps, performance fuel maps, improved compatability with manual transmissions, and the ability to run e85 all provided to a market that only purchases in volumes in the double digits isn't exciting I don't know what would do it. I'm always up for new ideas though. You tell me what you want and if enough people want it too to justify my investing my time and money into making it I'll do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXelerator
Mr. Lan,

Does this mean you have plenty of $$ to put the manual transmission in your car and post up some "tuned" dyno plots? It will be exciting to see what your tuning skills can produce, given multiple hours on a DynaPac. 2v7 could be the breakthrough the SVX community is waiting for. Full documentation of your dyno runs would be appreciated.

Last edited by longassname; 11-14-2006 at 07:38 PM.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:37 PM
Just some dude.

You don't count...you have a turbo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phast SVX
......... Always left out!