Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > 25th Anniversary Meet (2017) > 10th Anniversary Meet
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2002, 05:21 PM

Thanks guys! I posted some info in the General Forum, under Scott's drag racing post, since it seemed more appropriate there.

Yep, I beat the Honda. I was STS class champion in our region last year, so I did okay. There was only 6 or 7 of us that ran it regular, though. This year one of the really good drivers is in the class, so I think the rest of us are fighting for 2nd! I'll do my best to beat him, though.

'02 Toyota MR2 Spyder

(Previous '93 SVX Owner)
Old 04-23-2002, 06:04 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to newsvx
Registered SVX
RICHEICH
Rich,
Great photo's of your Legacy. Looks like you are having fun at autocrossing too - great shots too. Did you autocross your SVX?

My son ('94 FWD) and I ('97) have been running autocross with a local auto club here in the Washington, DC area. It is the local Mercedes club chapter. They let us "foreign" makes run with them at their driving events. Interestingly, we had five WRX's with my SVX at the first autocross of the season this past Sunday. Almost out numbered the Mercedes. BTW, sure am glad they moved the WRX into F Stock and out of G Stock where the SVX is classed. Those cars are FAST. They now compete in the same class with my other son in a Firebird.

At the meet in July, sure would like to get together with you and talk about autocross. I love to autocross the SVX, and it really does quite well. Has much more capability than my abilities, but still loads of fun. We even go to Summit Point Raceway (2 mile, 10 turn road course) once a year with the Mercedes Club. Super fun!

Harry
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
"I live with fear every day. Sometimes she lets me go racing."
"Getting Older and Slower"
Locker: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?newsvx
Old 04-24-2002, 10:57 AM

Hey Harry-
I do enjoy autocrossing. It allows you to explore the limit of the car without doing it on public streets. Some of the stuff I've learned has come in handy, as a matter of fact. I never did autocross the SVX. It was during that time that I began to consider it, but never got around to it before I sold the SVX.

I see on the schedule for 'The Meet' that there is perhaps an autocross scheduled at the ISA parking lot on Sunday morning. It just has 2 hours alotted for it, so I'm not sure it will happen. I know those things take a lot of work, and I don't have enough experience to set one up and run it, and I'm not sure who will. It'd be fun though!

We'll get together sometime during the weekend and visit about it.

'02 Toyota MR2 Spyder

(Previous '93 SVX Owner)
Old 04-24-2002, 05:43 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to newsvx
Registered SVX
Rich,
Perhaps we could help the group out and set up a simple course for the autocross. It would be fun. I have been doing the autocross thing for about 10 or so years now. Always small groups - under 40-50 cars. We have one guy that has been doing the set up, etc and laying out the course, but I have helped him enough that I could probably set up a simple one. What say we try to do that. Anyone else done autocross before? Do you know if they will have any traffic cones available to use to mark the course? I would say we will need to have some stop watches since I am sure there will be no timing equipment available.

Is Larry III the person to talk to about this? You are correct, 2 hours is not much time to do an autocross, especially if there are a large number of cars. Perhaps an exibition? But I would really like for all to enjoy running an autocross. The SVX is very surprising in this environment.

Harry
PS: Send me your e-mail address at >rknewman@erols.com<. I'll send you some shots of the SVX at play. And visit >www.gws-mbca.org< and check out the gallery.
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
"I live with fear every day. Sometimes she lets me go racing."
"Getting Older and Slower"
Locker: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?newsvx