SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2005, 05:18 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Electrical Guru's...... Please Help :-/

Hey guys, long time no see.... I have been (and still am) very busy with work and college and have almost no time to work on the SVX or the Rabbit anymore. That said, let me get down to the problem that I am having.... Some of you will remember me posting something like this alittle earlier this year (August)...

-My dash lights (Brake, Battery, ABS, and stoplight)all come on and stay on.... It takes about 15 - 20 minutes, but they will go off eventually... However, on a long trip they sometimes come back on... (Usually when they are on the alternator belt is squealing)...
-At times my interior lights will dim... When this happens, usually the alternator belt starts squealing...
-Sometimes when the alternator belt starts squealing, I get intermittent Powersteering (liike it is pulsing....)
-If I turn on the Climate control, I can see my interior lights dim and the belt usually starts squealing again...
-When the belt is squealing, I notice that the car seems to be down on power alittle, When it stops squealing the car seems more powerful than before....
-HERE IS THE BIG ONE... I have had this problem for a while now... Sometimes when downshifting (slowing down for a stoplight) the car will Stall or come VERY close to stalling... The Tach drops below the idle line and then returns to idle or actually stalls out... This seems to be VERY common when the interior lights are "dimmed" (problem above)...

*!* I have broken one alternator belt so far.... I fear that this one is very close to breaking too... I know simply replacing the belt will work for a while, but I don't want to "cover up" the problem... I want to find it and fix it*!*

Does anyone have any input for me?? ANyone have a wiring diagram for the whole car??

Thanks very much guys

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...

Last edited by GreenMarine; 12-06-2005 at 05:22 AM.