SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2001, 03:07 AM
I live in a drawer!

Send a message via AIM to alex_umn
Going to try putting in a stick. Seriously.

Hi there...new member longtime reader.

I came across a 92 SVX with low miles for a scant $2000 since the transmission is dying, as can be expected. I'm actually going to try the old idea of a new flywheel/(hydraulic) clutch/Impreza 2.5RS manual transmission and shift linkage/changed rear differential/etc project, which I'm sure will be an interesting and challenging one. I am actually picking up the car tomorrow morning, and barring any complications I want to start taking things apart as soon as possible. I've been looking around, and I have yet to find a good guide for removing the transmission. I understand that there are shop manuals available, but I've been unable to find one just yet (and I've been investigating this project for at least three months).

So, the question is, for the good of the SVX community (as indeed, I get the feeling that this will be something others might want to pull off), is there any likelihood that anyone might have photocopies of the transmission removal guide for a 92 SVX or have any simple clues? I plan to document my progress as readily as possible, so others might be able to attempt the same feat. In case you're wondering, I have some time right now, and empty garage stall, and the desire to row my own gears on a car that otherwise would cost way too much to repair.

I don't want to seem like a leach...but I thought I'd ask and also reintroduce this topic.

Thanks for any input!