Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 11-14-2002, 01:43 PM

Please take this car away from me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is what the guy meant to post in his description of the car,lol
Old 11-14-2002, 02:56 PM
Hitchhikin'

Quote:
Originally posted by $VX
You know what, I'm actually going to agree with the mexican thing. Some people might call me racist, but DAYUM.

Alright, the azians and fart tipped imports: while I think its stupid, I UNDERSTAND IT. They slap on wings, rims, exhaust to make it LOOK like a real race car, something they desire to have some day. They're emulating performance.

Black people? They throw on the wire wheels, lower the car, and install huge stereos to emulate the kickass low-rider they hope to have one day.

White people? They jack up their musclecars and throw on huge rear tires and put headers on their small block to emulate the badass 1/4 mile racer htey hope to own one day.

But mexicans?!?! Man, I have no idea what the f*ck they're doing. ITs like they go through a JC Whitney catalog and order the top 10 cheesiest/ugliest crap they can find. Like stick on gold trim, hood ornaments, those dangly things from the inside of the car, a purple neon license frame, and then when they're all done they'll get someone to airbrush "Jesus" on their hood and maybe a baby kid on the side of it. What the hell?!?!?!

And yes, I have some mexican friends, some black friends, quite a few azn friends, and obviously a lot of white friends- so I'm just speaking STEREOTYPICALLY...

but man, I seriously have no idea what they're trying to accomplish other than look low class.

- Ca$h
I remember hearing someone say that "Stereotypes aren't good, but for there to be a stereotype, it had to come from somewhere." Granted, I agree to a point. If I see a car with chrome dubs or bigger, I generally assume the owner is black. If I see an older big domestic lowriding on airbags, I assume mexican or black. If I see a riced-out import, I assume asian. Actually, if the car is really clean and fully modded, I generally assume it's a white guy trying to copy an asian, but with more of daddy's money to waste on stuff like that. Most asians that rice their cars do it piece by piece, so it usually doesn't look complete, or exactly right, since we in general have to take what we can get on the street, rather than from out parent's pocketbooks. And as much as I don't understand what style mexicans try and do with their cars, I generally don't judge them just on that, figuring it's just something of theirs, just like the asians have their fart tips.

But no matter how I stereotype or assume, I never judge something based on that alone. I may not be a big fan of primer paint combined with aluminum wings, but I refuse to call that car a P.O.S..... You know why? Because my oh-so-high-and-mighty SVX was destroyed in the 1/4 mile by a primer rice civic hatchback running a 13.2.

Just because I don't like it doesn't mean that they don't like it. I'm sure that a blck guy with his lowrider loves the 13" whitewall daytons and 100 spoke wire rims on his car, even if I don't. Hell, I don't like the look of those old american cars, but I won't say they're ugly blocks of rust, because I'm sure plenty of people out there love em.

How would you like it if I called you a useless piece of honkey trailer trash with a double-wide, just because there's white people that fit that stereotype?

Honestly, I could go on about this for days, but I know this isn't the right place to do so. I could talk about the images in our society that portray asian women as sex objects, and far more than that. But I realize that's not a useful topic to discuss in a conservative predominantly white message board that will have a hard time seeing my perspective. Good day.

BTW, I forgot to mention that this is what got me started in the first place:

Quote:
Originally posted by DavieGravy

They look like mexican rims. That's what the hell I mean
Maybe I'm the only one here that sees it that way, but to me, he might as well have said "those are some sp*ck rims" or "those are some wetb*ck rims".

Last edited by Red SVX 92; 11-14-2002 at 03:03 PM.
Old 11-14-2002, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Red SVX 92

Maybe I'm the only one here that sees it that way, but to me, he might as well have said "those are some sp*ck rims" or "those are some wetb*ck rims".
I wan't implying that all mexicans do those sorts of things to their cars. But here in colorado there is a large population of mexicans, and I think it's a fair assumption to say that a large percenage of them drive vehicles like this. Whenever I see a lowrider 80s american car with spider wheels and an oversized muffler, 99.9 percent of the time it's a mexican. But I will say it again, no offense to mexicans. And for the record, I'll just as well make fun of the trailer trash white guy, with his jacked up chevy, where he's most likely trying to make up for the size of something else. And I associate those kinds of vehicles with white guys. So based on your reasoning, I'm a racist of all races.

To be perfectly hones, I was getting irritated with the fact that pockets has been contradicting evey other post I've been
making. Thus as I was writing it in anger, that sentence you quoted wasn't a fully developed thought.

Trust me, If I wanted to say that those are Sp!ck rims or Wetb@ck rims, I would have said it. I've never been afraid to hold back my thoughts But since I'm probably the most anti-racist guy you'll ever come accross, I didn't. I just think that certain groups of people develop certian fads, fashion trends, or whatever. Then when they migrate to other areas, they bring those trends with them. That's all.

Thanks for your support on this CA$H and EveryShadeofBlue. I'm sure alot of people here know I'm right, but for them to admit it, that's devine.

Last edited by DavieGravy; 11-14-2002 at 04:04 PM.
Old 11-14-2002, 07:20 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
I thought that the RX-7 had a 3 cylinder rotary (Wankel) engine.
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!
Old 11-14-2002, 11:02 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryIII
I thought that the RX-7 had a 3 cylinder rotary (Wankel) engine.
no, it has rotors, no cylinders to be found. on the stereotyping subject - people annoy me equally.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 11-15-2002, 01:18 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Andy
Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark

no, it has rotors, no cylinders to be found. on the stereotyping subject - people annoy me equally.
Being pedantic, what do the rotors spin inside of?

Andy
Old 11-15-2002, 06:51 AM
clarkerussell

How a rotary engine works..

How a rotary engine works from one of my favorite websites:

http://www.howstuffworks.com/rotary-engine.htm

As for the wheels, Did no one grow up in the 80's? Those wheels as the classic BBS Mesh wheels that were on some of the best cars of the decade... Pain in the ASS to clean, but they look fantastic on cars of that vintage.
Old 11-15-2002, 07:14 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Andy
What a brilliant site. Straight onto my favourites list.

Many thanks

Andy
Old 11-15-2002, 10:34 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Re: How a rotary engine works..

Quote:
Originally posted by clarkerussell
As for the wheels, Did no one grow up in the 80's? Those wheels as the classic BBS Mesh wheels that were on some of the best cars of the decade... Pain in the ASS to clean, but they look fantastic on cars of that vintage.
I agree! I grew up in the 80's and remember those style rims coming stock on some great cars. On that generation RX-7 they were an option I believe. (by the way, there is nothing modded on the RX-7 in the auction, I don't see what the big deal is, aside from the ridiculous write up!!!!!!)
I think those style rims or something similar came on all the Deloreans too right? And don't forget those BBS rims were an option on some JDM model SVX (there's pics in someone's locker around here of the brochure).

Personally, I prefer 5 spoke rims, another popular style from the 80's that is still around here and there. Hope to find some nice ones for the SVX some day...

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...
Old 11-15-2002, 11:04 AM
clarkerussell

Re: Re: How a rotary engine works..

Quote:
I think those style rims or something similar came on all the Deloreans too right? And don't forget those BBS rims were an option on some JDM model SVX (there's pics in someone's locker around here of the brochure).
[/B]
Not sure about the JDM wheels, but the Delorean had another popular design. It was called a "Turbine" wheel. Basically it had 20 or so "spokes" going straight out from the hub. From the front it looked like a turbine fan blade.
Old 11-15-2002, 11:20 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
That's right! I know what you are describing on the Delorean wheels. Guess I was getting confused by the multiple spokes!

Here's a picture of the BBS wheels on an SVX.
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?svxcess|4808

This doesn't prove it was a factory option, but I'm pretty sure I've seen a JDM catalog with these wheels on a couple SVXes. S4 brochure or something?

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...
Old 11-15-2002, 12:40 PM
calmone

i presume ebay asks for the number of cylinders when you fill out the form to put the car on auction, although i do beleive the rx had 3 plugs. i especially liked the !!! after the fact it had tears in the convertable top. now the next question is how many more miles are in it before the seals go (trhe warranty is for 100,000 miles i believe).
Old 11-16-2002, 02:55 PM
$VX

Actually they weren't an option. The convertable RX7 came with them standard. The conv RX7 was sorta different than the standard RX7, and the turbo was also different. Why do I know this? I have the 80s brochure for them. From the dealership. Hehe.

- Ca$h
Old 11-16-2002, 05:21 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
clarkerussell

Thanks heaps for posting that website!

That is one I will be sure to use a LOT with my students at school.

Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
Old 11-16-2002, 07:32 PM
greg

Quote:
Originally posted by DavieGravy

Come to Colorado and tell me that!
Everybody here stereotypes in the same way i have. And everybody else stereotypes in some form or another elsewhere. Just like you have done in this comment. But oh..wait!! Your're going to change the whole damn world after you change yourself right? You stop stereotyping.

Now lets be P/C... It's now called profiling!