Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-29-2010, 12:15 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Anyone interested in coming to the Dragon 2010 Subaru Meet?? ;-)

The meet was arranged and set up this year by yours truly

Who: You, your mom, your family, your friends, girlfriend, boyfriend, wife, cousin, aunt, uncle.... Basically ANYONE who wants to come along. Owning a Subaru is not necessarily a prerequisite, but you might feel more "at home" if you are atleast traveling in one

What: The 10th Annual (?? Is this right OLD members? Has this meet been going on since 1999?? ) NASIOC "Dragon Subaru Meet"

When: May 7th - 9th (+ / - a few days... I ALWAYS come a few days early and leave a day or two late, so feel free to plan a few more days into your time up here)

Where: This year we will be based out of Pigeon Forge, TN instead of the increasingly unpopular Fontana Village, NC... The reason I opted to give Pigeon Forge a shot (for those who don't know already) is because I believe that the Dragon meet has seriously lost the social interaction of the early meets (2002, 2003 & 2004 meets). It seems that everyone has gotten bored with the Dragon it's self and actually spend more time driving other roads and partaking in other activities when at the recent meets (2007, 2008, & 2009 meets). I hold the Dragon meets very close to my "NASIOC heart" as it was THE FIRST thing I ever did with the club, and if it is going to live on in the future as a "Southeast Region Ritual", then drastic measures needed to be taken. Pigeon Forge offers us High Speed internet, cell phone service, plenty of places to eat, plenty of local attractions and entertainment, awesome lodging, and good prices on pretty much everything! So inorder to revive the social aspect of the "Dragon Meet", there are quite a few activities in the works for attendees this year (Indoor Skydiving, Bungee Jumping, Hiking, Mountain Biking, Horseback Riding, Photography & sight seeing, group drives on NEW ROADS, Micro-Brewery tours & beer tasting & even a group drive to the Dragon... POSSIBLY even a go-cart "grand prix" with prizes from our beloved Subaru performance parts vendors )... So as you can see, this year it is going to be quite a different meet than the last few years. I am hoping a return to the glory days of 50+ cars and nearly 100 people...

Why: Because it's 2010... It's a Southeast Region tradition... Some (members from Florida mainly) might even call it a "religious pilgrimage" of sorts, being that there is about 274652 times more elevation changes and corners than most of them see in their lifetime ... It's spring break between college semesters... It's the "off-season" in the area, right before memorial day weekend, so things are still relatively cheap... Make whatever excuse you need to inorder to justify hanging out with a bunch of your Subaru brothern / sisteren...

How: How are you going to get there? Prefferably by car (Subaru even more so...), but should someone need to fly in at the local air port, or take a greyhound in, you won't be looked down apon at all... Infact, I'm thinking about having an honorary award for the person who travels the furthest to be with us this year! So New York members, Texas members, make plans!

Here's the info:

http://nasioc-dragon2010.wikispaces.com/

Thread on NASIOC with MORE info:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1908423

~ Chris

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 04-29-2010, 05:23 AM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: Anyone interested in coming to the Dragon 2010 Subaru Meet?? ;-)

We have a SVX / XT Alcyone Meet already scheduled for the last weekend in June...

I doubt I can make the NASIOC one as it's only 1 week away, but have fun!
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 05-02-2010, 11:46 PM

Hmmm, When exactly in June is it?? I *MIGHT* be able to stop by then too and see some of youguys... I'll be out that way on the 25th - 27th of June for a wedding...

~ Chris

** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 05-03-2010, 01:11 AM

Keep me up to date on the SVX meet if you can Huck and I'll stop by... I'll be out there for a wedding I'm going to be in on Saturday... So I *MIGHT* be able to drive out late after the wedding... It's only a 3 hour drive from the wedding place, so if I get out there it'll either be sometime around midnight or early the next morning (Sunday)...

~ Chris

Old 05-03-2010, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMarine View Post
Keep me up to date on the SVX meet if you can Huck and I'll stop by... I'll be out there for a wedding I'm going to be in on Saturday... So I *MIGHT* be able to drive out late after the wedding... It's only a 3 hour drive from the wedding place, so if I get out there it'll either be sometime around midnight or early the next morning (Sunday)...

~ Chris
Chris, we do a cook out Sat night, and then hang out at someones cabin, (sounds like it will be Matt and Steve's cabin this year)...and usually people there until late, you could probably crash on the floor or couch somewhere...
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
Old 05-04-2010, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huck369 View Post
Chris, we do a cook out Sat night, and then hang out at someones cabin, (sounds like it will be Matt and Steve's cabin this year)...and usually people there until late, you could probably crash on the floor or couch somewhere...
Sweet, well keep people up until atleast 1:00am and I'll be there

~ Chris

Old 05-04-2010, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMarine View Post
Sweet, well keep people up until atleast 1:00am and I'll be there

~ Chris
I don't think that will be a problem Chris
See you there....
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed