Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-18-2010, 09:47 PM
Alleged User

Registered SVX
Re: Where is vin 001?

I also believe that red car in the pics is the silver prototype pictured above. Also notice the fully round rear wheel arches that are in both the red and silver cars, which is different from our production wheel arches with the "flat" at the top.

I copied and pasted all of the writing from that website into translator and this is what comes up:

"Pictures from friends SVX prototype 戴Kima****a 5 photos.
It seems to be something that I've some to the Tokyo Motor Show.
Because that's the good and the public, we published bon appétit.
You can see a larger picture and click on the picture preview.
All images are around 100kb. Shiny solid red. Emblem of the stars are shining 六連.
Grill like S4.
If you can see the dent in the door, rather than a stock car fender.
Cool ~!
2cm by 4cm each side It seems to be increasing.
Production line of Subaru vehicles, we are just at the time or the width of the Nor could they pull it.
22B also can not make it too big.

Interior is beige. LHD.
17-inch wheels?
Why are you broken bumper?
A few years ago but it was self-propelled, so now I can not.
5 pictures a second, is not what I have and connecting the battery and alternator?
Why do not photos of the back? From behind that wall?
A sheet of paper with the sticker on the windshield that they do something?
Look like a real car ~.

SVX SVX and a smart-wide or do you prefer?
Um ... I. Or as the other is (^_^"

As for VIN 001, it would be very cool to find it if it still exists (or ever did).

1997 SVX LSi Bordeaux Pearl
1995 SVX L AWD Polo Green - 277k miles
1986 Pontiac Fiero 3.4L Twin Dual Cam V6
Old 03-19-2010, 09:26 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coan View Post
I also believe that red car in the pics is the silver prototype pictured above. Also notice the fully round rear wheel arches that are in both the red and silver cars, which is different from our production wheel arches with the "flat" at the top.

I copied and pasted all of the writing from that website into translator and this is what comes up:

"Pictures from friends SVX prototype 戴Kima****a 5 photos.
It seems to be something that I've some to the Tokyo Motor Show.
Because that's the good and the public, we published bon appétit.
You can see a larger picture and click on the picture preview.
All images are around 100kb. Shiny solid red. Emblem of the stars are shining 六連.
Grill like S4.
If you can see the dent in the door, rather than a stock car fender.
Cool ~!
2cm by 4cm each side It seems to be increasing.
Production line of Subaru vehicles, we are just at the time or the width of the Nor could they pull it.
22B also can not make it too big.

Interior is beige. LHD.
17-inch wheels?
Why are you broken bumper?
A few years ago but it was self-propelled, so now I can not.
5 pictures a second, is not what I have and connecting the battery and alternator?
Why do not photos of the back? From behind that wall?
A sheet of paper with the sticker on the windshield that they do something?
Look like a real car ~.

SVX SVX and a smart-wide or do you prefer?
Um ... I. Or as the other is (^_^"

As for VIN 001, it would be very cool to find it if it still exists (or ever did).
Interesting but the translation needs a translation
This is what i understand from the translation:

"Pictures of the SVX prototype taken by a friend (5 pics).
Seems to be the SVX from the Tokio motor show.
At public request, we publish the pictures, you can see the pics by clicking in the tumbnails.
Shiny solid red.
Emblem of the stars are 2cm x 4cm side to side, is seems to be increasing in the production line of Subaru models. They should make them smaller, like in the 22B.
Grill like in the S4.
17" Wheels.
If you can see where the fender meets the door you can see its different from an stock fender. Cool!
Interior is Beige, LHD.
Why the bumper is broken?
A few years ago the car moved by itself, but now it cant. Wait..are they connecting the battery and alternator? (jump starting)
Why theres no pictures from behind?
What is that windshield sticker for?
What SVX do you prefer, the wide body or the production model?(^_^) "

Maybe my translation needs further translation. I hate Babel
70' Olds Toronado
98' Renault Chamade
82' Honda Prelude
79' Honda Accord awaiting restomod.
69' Mustang Hardtop
67' Jeep Ford Willys awaiting restoration.
67' IKA Torino Coupe
74' Renault Torino Coupe

Last edited by MadMaxSvx; 03-19-2010 at 11:01 AM.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX

"Why are you broken bumper" is not the same as "Why the bumper is divided?"

The original question is probably i response to the damage on the right part of the front bumper. They want to know what happened to cause the damage to this hstoric vehicle.

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Old 03-19-2010, 10:12 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

this bumper is obviously made of Fiberglass, because plastic cannot crack like this, unless it is the Toy plastic

Well I know that we are talking about the prototype, nothing more and nothing less, but it could be that the quality manufacturing of this bumper was very bad causing it to crack over there or something.

Well I am not doubting Subaru quality or anything, but aren't Prototypes supposed to be "shiny from the outside and ****ty from the inside"?

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:00 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess View Post

"Why are you broken bumper" is not the same as "Why the bumper is divided?"

The original question is probably i response to the damage on the right part of the front bumper. They want to know what happened to cause the damage to this hstoric vehicle.

Uh i see what he meant, it made no sense for me. Fixed.
70' Olds Toronado
98' Renault Chamade
82' Honda Prelude
69' Mustang Hardtop
67' IKA Torino Coupe
74' Renault Torino Coupe
Old 03-19-2010, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX

Interesting headlight lens configuration though....

Not to mention that hideous license plate mounting bar!

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Old 03-19-2010, 11:17 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Interesting headlight lens configuration though....

Not to mention that hideous license plate mounting bar!

I think that the bumper itself is pretty ugly, thank god it didnt make it into production.
70' Olds Toronado
98' Renault Chamade
82' Honda Prelude
69' Mustang Hardtop
67' IKA Torino Coupe
74' Renault Torino Coupe
Old 03-19-2010, 06:19 PM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX

Check out the non-folding mirrors.

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel
Old 03-19-2010, 06:54 PM
Alleged User

Registered SVX

Yeah translator is not perfect... I definitely lol'd at the "why are you broken bumper?"

1997 SVX LSi Bordeaux Pearl
1995 SVX L AWD Polo Green - 277k miles
1986 Pontiac Fiero 3.4L Twin Dual Cam V6
Old 03-20-2010, 05:43 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX

Quote:
This has become so complicated, it is hard to contemplate just what is and isn't accurate. We may never know the chronology of when and how this car was created, it's VIN, it's appearances, etc.
It's complicated because we are guessing why it looks like it does with no definitive information on how and why it was built, nor why it was repainted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coan View Post

This is my belief also. There are too many clues to ignore. The rear wheel arch is flattened on the production cars, rounded on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMaxSvx View Post
I think that the bumper itself is pretty ugly, thank god it didnt make it into production.
It's not too bad Max but I prefer the production bumper. This bumper had to be designed and built for this one-off. You can see from John's pic above how it splays outwards below the indicators. It has to, in order to merge with the wider front wings this model wears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedForSpeed View Post
Joe and I have were discussing red SVXes, and the prototype. We have all seen the red concept pics for years, but only recently I studied the open-hood picture, noticing for the first time the silver strut towers. The red car could be the repaint of the silver concept? Joe had the opinion that due to cost, only one concept would have been built. If the red concept IS the silver concept, that could answer that question.

As for Pearl concept, I've always considered the pictured car to be silver, the one on stage looking brighter or more pearl due to lighting, compared to the non-stage postcard photo.

I don't believe the concept would have a VIN, especially not a US VIN. The car is 'one-of-kind', with active suspension, VTD, 4WS, interior, external, etc., clearly, not a refabricated US VIN model. Just my opinion
If the chronology we know is correct [at least two '89 Motor Shows] then that indicates this car is pre-production which may mean it does not carry a VIN, or not a VIN as we would expect.

The rear of this car is shown here:

It's my belief that this show car is not a pre-production evolution of the design that eventually emerged as the SVX that we now know. Rather it would appear that this car is a wide body modification to the finalised shape SVX. They may have done it this way to test reaction to the wide body changes or to some of the design features it carries, the rear wing being particularly attractive. It may have been either that they thought this modified car could have been used as the Pace Car as part of the launch strategy [negotiations about using an SVX pace car were going on for a while before production].

The reason I feel this particular car is a modification, a sporty modification of the finalised shape is shown in one of John's images:

Check where the rear lights wrap around the body under the bootlid. Notice that at the bottom of the side lights they are recessed into the bodywork, the wider rear wing grows outwards horizontally from the side repeater lenses. To me this implies the rear bootlid size and wraparound light dimensions were fixed and decided at production dimensions at the time the wider wings were fitted to this pre-production design mule.

Some pictures and detail on this particular car can be seen in my online album Here

It seems also that this car has always worn two-tone leather uphostery, beige [or dark cream] with pale mushroom inserts. Different photo tones can make this appear to be different colours, but I believe all are the same and are very close to or based on production seats.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 03-20-2010, 06:17 AM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX

Where are all of the other prototypes? There has to be at least 6 I have seen, including the turbo badged one. It would be a shame if they were destroyed because the flip-up headlights look awesome.

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel
Old 03-20-2010, 06:27 AM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest

Has anyone run VIN checks on ...01 or ...03 through ...40??

Who has an active carfax and a few hours to kill??? Anyone with access to a VIN database more accurate? DMV? Insurance?
Old 03-20-2010, 06:51 AM
Happy SVX

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael View Post
Where are all of the other prototypes? There has to be at least 6 I have seen, including the turbo badged one. It would be a shame if they were destroyed because the flip-up headlights look awesome.
That one is made out of clay. I don't think they save those.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007
Old 03-20-2010, 10:05 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

I don't think this should be labeled "Subaru Coupe" rather than "Italdesign Project". I don't think in 1986 there was a Subaru-Italdesign venture yet.

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:03 PM

Registered SVX

i found another pic of the red widebody one
http://www.supercars.net/Pics?v=y&id...baru_SVX12.jpg