Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > European Forum

Old 05-09-2006, 03:33 AM
Phil & Belha

Silver SVX on autotrader

Reg. P26CJH, very similar to Angie Hill's reg. P53CJH. I reckon they were once probably parked next to one another at the same dealer.

Nice looking car, but pricey. There's a nice looking red / blacktop on Exchange and Mart, same age and mileage for 3 grand less.
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II
2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE Sports Tourer
1996 Subaru Legacy 2.2 GX Wagon
1988 Subaru Justy J12 SL-II

Last edited by b3lha; 05-09-2006 at 03:42 AM.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:09 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
I will have to give serious thought to this when we get back from Oz

With the insurance, any thoughts or comments on who I should go to - additionally, any ballpark on what the average premium that you guys here in the UK pay?

Thanks

James

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 05-09-2006, 01:12 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamsvx
I will have to give serious thought to this when we get back from Oz

With the insurance, any thoughts or comments on who I should go to - additionally, any ballpark on what the average premium that you guys here in the UK pay?

Thanks

James
Good to hear James. I thought you had completely sworn off buying an SVX!

I don't know the insurance market in the UK, but I reckon good SVX's have never been so cheap as now.

Obviously with one or two exceptions.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 05-09-2006, 01:21 PM

Send a message via MSN to Maineman1963
hia folks ! I insure mine in the UK with Adrian Flux as a modern classic ! At least they recognise it's true status. Cost is £270 / yr fully comp limited to me driving and 3k miles pa. Not many cars around for sale right now but the red one in Exchange and Mart looks good at £3750. Think the silver one on Ebay sold outside of the auction for around £2700. Cheers David
Old 05-09-2006, 02:57 PM

I wil have to give them a try - ran a 6000 pound one through confused and go a qoute for 3150!

Yeah, right!!

I like them but not that much

Has anyone had any experience with First Alternative?

Not many of them around - any other places than autotrader and exchange and mart that I can look for them?

Many thanks

James (but a CL420 is such good value!)

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 05-09-2006, 03:40 PM
Phil & Belha

You will find it easier to insure a UK model than a JDM import. Some companies refuse to insure imports at all, others put the imports in a higher group.

My previous insurer tried to insist that JDM models needed a tracker installed while UK cars were OK with a cat2 immobiliser. WTF?

The sad fact is that UK car insurance is a rip off and unless you have a full NCB you are going to get screwed.

I'll second the Adrian Flux recommendation though. They won't insure JDM imports on a "classic car" policy, but they did me a deal for not much more than Maineman said above. I was advised to "ask for the yellow team" when getting quotes from them. Whatever that means.
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II
2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE Sports Tourer
1996 Subaru Legacy 2.2 GX Wagon
1988 Subaru Justy J12 SL-II

Last edited by b3lha; 05-09-2006 at 03:45 PM.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:09 AM

James hi, if you look on Autotrader, Exchange and Mart + Ebay I suspect you will mop up most of the SVX's which come up for sale. Insurance wise try 1-2 of the classic car people such as Carole Nash, Lancasters as well as Adrian Flux just to see how they compare ( if indeed they do cover the SVX - some as Phil pointed out will load the JDM premiums). Good luck ! David
Old 05-11-2006, 02:34 PM

Registered SVX
cheap insurance

I've just brought mine out of winter storage and got insured for a tidy sum of £208 with More than, fully comp, 5000mls, 250 excess and the wife as named driver which seems to make it cheaper.......cannae wip the grin off my face!
Old 05-11-2006, 02:37 PM

Blueji nice one ! El cheapo insurance then. Assume you don't have no claims on the car ? i thought mine was good value but...... 5 k miles etc as well
Old 05-11-2006, 03:09 PM

Registered SVX
Thanks for the comp Maineman, forgot to add.....full no claims, NCD gauranteed for life and windscreen excess at £60 which a lot of insurance companies have started to omit!.and thats with 3 points for speeding (43 in a 30).....come on the SVX!!
Old 05-15-2006, 12:31 PM
aubrey taylor

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd mention that when I'm back in the UK in a couple of weeks I'll be looking at selling my SVX if anyone is interested, shame really as I've been an SVX owner since my 1st one in 1992.

It's a Silver Oct 1996 P Reg (UK) with 40K on the clock, owned from new.

Was using it only at weekends, when I'm in Manchester, but can't really justify keeping it now, the insurance for the Manchester area is somewhat on the high side, anyway the SVX needs to be seen and admired by other road users rather than being shut away in my garage, so if anyone is interested let me know and I'll put up some photos when I get back in a couple of weeks.

Aubrey.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:05 AM

Hi

I may very well be interested - we are also overseas for a few weeks so if you can email me/PM me upon your return, we can have a chat.

Thanks

James

Old 05-31-2006, 10:26 AM

I hope no one will be offended if I make a note on here that I also will be selling my '95 silver UK SVX. It has 80,000 miles on the clock, but I have just had the gearbox rebuilt!!! It therefore comes with the balance of a 12000 mile warranty, which is just under 10,000 at the moment. The engine is running beautifully and the car has a full service history. Everything else is working as it should and the car is in great condition.

The time has come for me to attempt to put down some roots and buy a flat and so I need to sell the SVX to make up my deposit (or clear the loan!), particularly after the gearbox rebuild finished off my savings!!!

I will have some pictures soon and will then be advertising it properly, so this is just a quick note to let folks know.

I'm living in Poole on the south coast but have family in the midlands so viewings can be arranged to coincide with a visit if necessary.

Thanks

John

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: