Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 05-09-2006, 08:59 AM

I jsut recently check the voltage. 0.5V going from the wiper to the pattery or 0.49 V from the wiper to the engine. That seems to be consistent. When i first got the car, with the shifting problems, the TPS was at i'm guessing 0.3V causing many shifting issues. The idle issue is still there, it goes up and down between 1100 and 500. usually i rev the engine a bit and the idle goes back to nowmal, but then it will do it again later on. I didn't have this issue before i touched the TPS, and air filter. Could there be an issue with the MAF or air filter?? Thanks for your input
Old 05-09-2006, 09:58 AM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiemunstr
I jsut recently check the voltage. 0.5V going from the wiper to the pattery or 0.49 V from the wiper to the engine. That seems to be consistent. When i first got the car, with the shifting problems, the TPS was at i'm guessing 0.3V causing many shifting issues. The idle issue is still there, it goes up and down between 1100 and 500. usually i rev the engine a bit and the idle goes back to nowmal, but then it will do it again later on. I didn't have this issue before i touched the TPS, and air filter. Could there be an issue with the MAF or air filter?? Thanks for your input
My car had that up down idle too and then one day started dying and stalling too. Turned out to be MAF. Since I replaced it it hasn't idled strangely once.