Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-14-2006, 10:32 AM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
I just got out of court for mine. Its kinda funny..I got pulled over by the bumbling idiot / new guy on the force. He puled me over doing 88 in a 65 (I was on the road alone...you know how hard it is to keep track)
Also hadnt realized my registration expired..
He pulled me over, reduced the ticket froma 4 pointer to a 2 pointer, and went back to the car. Somewhere in the process, he had lost my driver's licence..
So like an hour later he finally found it..he felt bad and said to plead not guilty, he would help out as best he could.
The final price? About 300 bucks. No points or anything worse. Just 300 bucks. I think I got off pretty freakin lucky, and from now on, its cruise controll all the time
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 04-15-2006, 08:24 AM
XT6 is SVX's Daddy

Send a message via ICQ to Myxalplyx Send a message via AIM to Myxalplyx Send a message via Yahoo to Myxalplyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingOfSpeed
Yeah that's too true. Our town has a modded mustang as a cop car that just loves to pull ppl over (i need to to photograph this car you'd never guess its a cop car) and never misses an opportunity. except for me. he's had FOUR (yup 4) perfect opportunities to get me doing at least 10+ the speed limit on residential roads but didnt even bother trying to pull me over. And he doesnt use the old radar mounted on the car that takes longer to get a speed on a car he uses the new laser instant speed gun. You cant slow down fast enough to fake it out but for some reason i dont get tickets. He did once see me off the clock (but driving his cop car) that he liked my car, so i guess she has a fan. I also can fly past state and city sheriff officers cars without a glance no matter how fast i'm going. i think they're afraid we'd cry (which i would) you know how men handle tears.
Yeah, I'll remember to put a wig and some lipstick on when I get heavy foot. Then again, I dunno if this would work for an ugly girl.
1996 3.3ltr SVX (AWD/Auto) 15.070@91.38mph
***R.I.P***
2010 RAV4 AWD Sport (13.717 @ 99.19mph )
2015 Honda Fit LX CVT (15.2 @ 90mph)
Old 04-15-2006, 11:51 AM
Which manual is "that" in??

They give you a ticket for breathing here, but beating them is 2 trips to the courthouse. 1st - take number, wait, and get courtdate.

2nd - Go to court and talk to some junior assistant to the secretary of the assistant intern to the assistant clerk working for the temp who is filing for the assistant to the assistant DA. This person is usually in their early 20's and could care less what happened.....but they will listen to you ramble and nod like they care.

After the person rambles about their innocence, the script begins:

They say "uhhhm...... if you say guilty on this form we drop it to illegal parking, and we fine you ($xx depends on where you stand on their "deal or no deal!" formula chart.) "You will have to pay it to that lady before you can leave." They then point at the lady. Then they say "uhhm.... if you say not guilty on this form, then we gotta set up a date for you to come back to set a date for you to go to court."

Here lately, it's been a big thing to call the number on billboards, and let an intern to some assistant secretary to the assistant junior file clerk to the intern of the junior partner's girlfriend's pet groomer's friend of an attorney handle it for you.

I wouldn't roll over, and I wouldn't sweat it. Just don't put it off, and for God's sakes, don't procrastinate yourself into an arrest warrant routine.

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 04-16-2006, 03:20 PM
Own'eded

Send a message via AIM to curly2k3 Send a message via MSN to curly2k3
yeah I made my appointment with the hearings officer, so on may 1st at 2:30 I get to drive to the court house and go chat with him and tell him my side of the story, hopefully they will give me the option to have it pending on my record for a year, and then if nothing else happens its gone
Old 04-16-2006, 04:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to Suby Fan Send a message via MSN to Suby Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Suby Fan
You need to read up on how to fight speeding tickets before you go to court you can beat the system very easily you just have to know how... oh by the way im up to I think 14 speeding tickets 3 in my svx... what can i say i live for speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by curly2k3
yeah I made my appointment with the hearings officer, so on may 1st at 2:30 I get to drive to the court house and go chat with him and tell him my side of the story, hopefully they will give me the option to have it pending on my record for a year, and then if nothing else happens its gone
Old 04-16-2006, 04:52 PM
Which manual is "that" in??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suby Fan
oh by the way im up to I think 14 speeding tickets 3 in my svx... what can i say i live for speed
Did you pay them, or get them reduced, or just something in between?

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)