Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2004, 03:37 AM
One teal and One yellow

:o)

It's finally snowing tonight as 1-2 inches on the ground.
Actually the first snow was on the thankgiving day, that's really not much at all.

I took the SVX for a test-drive. Went to a very steep hill. Going up and stop and going up. Coming down and stop and backing up. Yes, yes, my AWD is still working perfectly. Brake, brake....yes, yes, yes, my ABS is working fine, too.

Actually, 1-2 inches is not much. Looking forward to more thick wet snow. Love driving the SVX in the winter, love the rear windshield wiper and love the smart auto climate control that the windows won't get foggy.

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 12-14-2004, 03:55 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Re: :o)

Quote:
Originally posted by SSSVX
Actually the first snow was on the thankgiving day, that's really not much at all.

I took the SVX for a test-drive. Went to a very steep hill. Going up and stop and going up. Coming down and stop and backing up. Yes, yes, my AWD is still working perfectly. Brake, brake....yes, yes, yes, my ABS is working fine, too.

Actually, 1-2 inches is not much. Looking forward to more thick wet snow. Love driving the SVX in the winter, love the rear windshield wiper and love the smart auto climate control that the windows won't get foggy.
you can aslo put thinner wheels (just put them aside in your garage for snow purposes) and enjoy the traction and stability on snow. my friend did it with his impreza, the thin wheels and adjustable suspension...

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 12-14-2004, 06:11 AM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Short hijack, nice job on the front bumper Dan. Are there lights behind the covers or are they blanks?

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel
Old 12-14-2004, 07:24 AM
Certified Porschephile

I really like the car Dan. Nice job. I always liked silver. Is that your girl or A girl? Nice also! What are you planning to do with the rear bumper? Looks like you left roof for a difusser or lower ducts. The front turned out great.
Old 12-14-2004, 10:41 AM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

I love how all of us get so excited when the snow comes because we cant wait to drive in it

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 12-14-2004, 10:42 AM

Yea awesome job on the car....like i said in another thread...your next thing should be some clear headlights!

Old 12-15-2004, 12:55 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by michael
Short hijack, nice job on the front bumper Dan. Are there lights behind the covers or are they blanks?
Unfortunately blanks, couldn't find the cristal 2001 impreza beamlights...

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 12-15-2004, 12:57 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by soobiesvx93
Yea awesome job on the car....like i said in another thread...your next thing should be some clear headlights!
thanks Soobie, read the thread about my SVX, you will know what my plans are...

Old 12-15-2004, 12:59 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by PA_SVX
I really like the car Dan. Nice job. I always liked silver. Is that your girl or A girl? Nice also! What are you planning to do with the rear bumper? Looks like you left roof for a difusser or lower ducts. The front turned out great.
that's my girl ... about the side openings, read the thread about my car, you will know what they are BEING used for....

Old 12-15-2004, 06:32 PM
Superbeast

Yes we know his car and his girl are HOT!!! but lets keep that in his thread.

I think you are all crazy for driving your SVX's in the snow. (Or maybe I'm just to crazy about my SVX?) My Legacy wagon (The Beater) will do power drifts and donuts all day in the snow, and if I wrap it around a tree wile playing "Rally Driver" I don't really care, it's almost rotted in half anyway. But has nice wheels.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg beaterbig.jpg (42.9 KB, 156 views)
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 12-16-2004, 01:23 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Subafreak
Yes we know his car and his girl are HOT!!! but lets keep that in his thread.

I think you are all crazy for driving your SVX's in the snow. (Or maybe I'm just to crazy about my SVX?) My Legacy wagon (The Beater) will do power drifts and donuts all day in the snow, and if I wrap it around a tree wile playing "Rally Driver" I don't really care, it's almost rotted in half anyway. But has nice wheels.
Man is this car jacked?? or is it its modified hight? if it is , I luv it and especially the wheels !!! excellent car for snow ! You also need to put an aluminum plate under the front bumper like the 2002 Audi Allrod. it will look nice (especially for snow purposes)

Old 12-16-2004, 06:02 AM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
I want one of those for my beater. Freak I have to agree with you I cringe when it starts to snow, I lost too many cars to the salt and cinders.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...hael/22671.jpg

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel
Old 12-16-2004, 06:19 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by michael
I want one of those for my beater. Freak I have to agree with you I cringe when it starts to snow, I lost too many cars to the salt and cinders.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...hael/22671.jpg
I have a rabbit also, but 3 door rather than 5... I also modified it, and use it from time to time....

Old 12-16-2004, 07:22 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Re: :o)

Quote:
Originally posted by SSSVX

Central VA is supposed to get our first 'wet' snow this coming Sunday. Can't wait as this'll be my first time in the white stuff with the SVX...

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 12-16-2004, 09:08 AM

Yea i heard were supposed to get pounded sun- monday....which means my final on monday will probably get cancelled!!!.....heres to a rally day on monday!