Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 11-28-2001, 08:50 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Zeppelin Send a message via AIM to Zeppelin Send a message via Yahoo to Zeppelin
Doh!!!

Well, here's a copy of my first speeding ticket
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dammit.jpg (182.2 KB, 107 views)
Old 11-28-2001, 09:49 AM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via ICQ to cocacola08 Send a message via AIM to cocacola08 Send a message via Yahoo to cocacola08
sucky....

get used to it. They are addictive.
Old 11-28-2001, 09:54 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Zeppelin Send a message via AIM to Zeppelin Send a message via Yahoo to Zeppelin
Well... Anybody want to pay it for me?

I'm still trying to figure out what he wrote after speeding.. Anybody know what it says?
Old 11-28-2001, 10:11 AM

Send a message via ICQ to cocacola08 Send a message via AIM to cocacola08 Send a message via Yahoo to cocacola08
Quote:
Originally posted by Zeppelin
Well... Anybody want to pay it for me?

I'm still trying to figure out what he wrote after speeding.. Anybody know what it says?

Speeding w/SPAM????

Old 11-28-2001, 10:13 AM

Actually I think the last word is "Radar"
Old 11-28-2001, 11:05 AM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Cool

I think you can beat this one. Anyone knows there's no such car as a Suba, & WHITE? Inform the judge it's PEARL, & take your business elsewhere. Then again, what would you expect from a Polish court!
Uh... by the way. It says 80mph. What was the speedo reading?
Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 11-28-2001, 01:54 PM
uconnscott

I have to believe that you were going faster then 80. That is the norm here in CT.
Old 11-28-2001, 08:13 PM

Well, when he clocked me I was doing 80 slowing down before I encountered traffic.. About a mile back I had it cruising at 120 I think I can be offered the class since this is my first ticket, so I'll go that route and hopefully my insurance won't go up TOO much..
Old 11-28-2001, 08:37 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
I am hoping there aren't any traffic court judges in this forum. There are many ways to get out of the ticket. The one that I do often is to look at the cop and behave as if you own the road when he pulls you over. Keep that attitude. What is the worst that can happen to you? Get a ticket? You are gonna get one anyway. Since most people act scared or sorry when a cop approach the car, if you act as if you own the road, he will be taken aback and let you go with a warning.

When you go to court -- if you needed to, get photos of the location. Those will help you throw off the scent. They are great for moving violations and what not. You can ask the officer, if he is present, to point out where he was and ask for traffic pattern on that day and weather condition (if you are caught with a radar). Most cops can't even remember and if he insists that he got you, ask him about a white corolla beside you and see if he can remember that. Chances are he is gonna say no and after that it's all your case.

Another thing I have done is as soon as he approach my car, I point out a microphone on my driver side window and tell him that the whole conversation is recorded. Oh boy, you should see the faces of cops. They will let you go too since they have to think before they speak now that they are being recorded and most do not want to think.

The only time I pleaded guilty was when I was hit with a laser. That one, I have not found an loop hole/excuse yet.

Good luck.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 11-28-2001, 08:49 PM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
The laser blinded you and you couldn't see the speedo? Or the road?
Old 11-28-2001, 08:50 PM
One teal and One yellow

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraphim
I am hoping there aren't any traffic court judges in this forum. There are many ways to get out of the ticket. The one that I do often is to look at the cop and behave as if you own the road when he pulls you over. Keep that attitude. What is the worst that can happen to you? Get a ticket? You are gonna get one anyway. Since most people act scared or sorry when a cop approach the car, if you act as if you own the road, he will be taken aback and let you go with a warning.

When you go to court -- if you needed to, get photos of the location. Those will help you throw off the scent. They are great for moving violations and what not. You can ask the officer, if he is present, to point out where he was and ask for traffic pattern on that day and weather condition (if you are caught with a radar). Most cops can't even remember and if he insists that he got you, ask him about a white corolla beside you and see if he can remember that. Chances are he is gonna say no and after that it's all your case.

Another thing I have done is as soon as he approach my car, I point out a microphone on my driver side window and tell him that the whole conversation is recorded. Oh boy, you should see the faces of cops. They will let you go too since they have to think before they speak now that they are being recorded and most do not want to think.

The only time I pleaded guilty was when I was hit with a laser. That one, I have not found an loop hole/excuse yet.

Good luck.

Lwin
yo Lwin, cool, are you an expert of getting tickets?
how much have you paid for the summons already?
do you have many points or not?

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 11-28-2001, 09:04 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by SSSVX

yo Lwin, cool, are you an expert of getting tickets?
how much have you paid for the summons already?
do you have many points or not?
In the last 3 years, I got pulled over around a dozen times in different locations. I only have one ticket on my record. Even the time when I rear ended another car, all my tickets were dismissed. It's the attitude that you gotta have
Attached Images
File Type: gif ticket.gif (681.1 KB, 181 views)
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 11-28-2001, 09:09 PM
One teal and One yellow

Quote:
Originally posted by Zeppelin
Well, when he clocked me I was doing 80 slowing down before I encountered traffic.. About a mile back I had it cruising at 120 I think I can be offered the class since this is my first ticket, so I'll go that route and hopefully my insurance won't go up TOO much..
Good Luck! it was 120mph got caught at 80mph!! Great! you't the bonus. Otherwise, I don't know what it'd happen if you got caught at 120mph. They say, if you drive more than 100mph, they'd send you to jail?

i'm not an american so the cops might recognize me better.
really!! i went for the court for my first ticket. (the only one and hopefully it's the last one) my first ticket was clocked at 47 out of 25mph by my old Geo Prizm. i don't want to mention that again, that's just because of the traffic light things from orange to red. well, money is a matter but the points bring more bad effect later on.

sometimes only i did double, which is 100mph in 50mph speed limit not at the interstate too. i need to behave. don't want tickets! i have a detector but i don't put it in my SVX. SVX needs the very better detector, because the windshield cuts the radar. my detector will be my eyes (open them bigger) at this time. as long as don't go from the speed limit too far, the chances of getting caught will be lower.

Old 11-28-2001, 09:14 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Talking

I agree, Lwin. ALL cops just LOVE a wise ass. I didn't know they allowed laptops in the slammer. Good show!
Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 11-28-2001, 09:19 PM
One teal and One yellow

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraphim

In the last 3 years, I got pulled over around a dozen times in different locations. I only have one ticket on my record. Even the time when I rear ended another car, all my tickets were dismissed. It's the attitude that you gotta have
LOL, hopefully there's no cop over here.
so who's the king of the tickets?? no thanks!
i need to talk more about *the attitude* with you next time.
LOL, is that hard to master it?