Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-24-2010, 02:02 AM
My Other car is a GENIUS Car!
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Thumbs up Off to a good start in 2010 with the SVX.

All within the last 60-days:

New Duralast Gold Battery
New Duralast Gold Alternator
Premium (haha) Front Brake Pads
New Keyless Entry Remote
Centric Hub Rings to take care of my vibration issues! God, finally!!
New Power Steering Pump (thanks Eric!!)

I'm not very satisfied with the crap I've had to deal with regarding the Duralast stuff however. The alternator has black plastic clips that is a pain in the ass to get around but I used a raiser nut and it worked out ok, I'm guessing. *as in my SVX is still running, so it must be working *

(Do they still sale OEM alternators? I wish I would have tried looking into that instead... if I were to do it again, I would try and go that route, if possible.)

I'm angry that I've had to replace both the battery and alternator in less than a year. Even if it was under warranty, the hassle in dealing with it all was unnecessary.

The fact that Autozone sold me (apparently) a 2007 battery in 2009 and giving me **** about it when I returned it saying they don't keep batteries on the shelf that long really stressed me out. I was in there for almost an hour before they finally did a swap. Why don't they use a unique ID for batteries sold if it's such a big deal? Waste of my time. Calling me a liar and telling me it isn't the same battery I bought less than a year ago is really, really a pain in the ass!

I guess I'm going to get used to replacing the brake pads every 10 months I can suck it up since it's only $40 bucks though.

I've really got a lot of things accomplished with my SVX in my short time in owning it and am pretty happy with it right now! Pretty much everything I have left to do on it will be mostly cosmetic stuff, restoring or replacing the worn innards and outer issues that need attention.

Things I hope to accomplish this year:

First and foremost, fix the exhaust issue.

New carpert with the possibility of new/repaired seats w/heating option.
Custom design and fit gear shift selection panel and replace the shifter itself.
Illumination fix for the needles since I've done the blue LED mod.
Power Mode Mod (why I haven't already done this is beyond me)
Fix dent on side quarter panel (probably replace it in the future)
Cigarette lighter light mod (white if possible)
Fix the accessories panel illumination (nothing lights up except on light)
Replace hood struts (this will never happen... its taking forever!)
Fix rear wiper spray nozzle (crappy spray) issue.
Angel eyes or HID conversion for headlights...

lastly, consider surf pearl blue paint job.
I have a place that will almost do it for free plus price of paint but I'm really not liking the idea of being without my SVX for 2-3 months. I really like the color on the Dodge SXTs and think it would look good on the SVX.

Still loving the SVX though! Really feels like it's going to be ready for a solid road trip for this summer, which is what I've been waiting to do with it since I bought it! Reliability shouldn't be a problem at this point, since everything has almost literally been replaced (no, I'm serious lol)