Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 09-12-2008, 02:43 PM

How many fittings on FWD non-ABS MS!?!!?!??

There arn't many SVX's around here, only a few but I'm looking at a specific SVX model. My '99 Impreza L Wagon has a 15/16" master cylinder. Word has it that the FWD non-bas SVX has the master cylinder that has 4 fittings, which would work for my car. I am having problems with the brake pedal being DEEP when driving at the track. If I pump it it's fine. Daily driving it bites fine near the top. only when I'm not in BOOST and in high vacumm is when the bite is DEEP when I step on the brakes. I have the big STi BREMBOs all around but running the tiny 15/16" master cylinder.

Seems all the ABS subarus run a 2 fitting master cylinder. This applies to the 1" and 1 1/16" master cylinders found on WRXs, Legacy Outbacks, GDB STi's.

I want to ask the FWD SVX owners or those with the knowledge HOW MANY fittings are on the FWD SVX with no ABS???

Could someone go look quickly and if possible take a picture. I know it's TIGHT in that area to see anything. (Just worked on a SVX with a 5spd swap a few nights ago).

Last edited by FuJi K; 09-12-2008 at 02:46 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:02 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: How many fittings on FWD non-ABS MS!?!!?!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuJi K View Post
There arn't many SVX's around here, only a few but I'm looking at a specific SVX model. My '99 Impreza L Wagon has a 15/16" master cylinder. Word has it that the FWD non-bas SVX has the master cylinder that has 4 fittings, which would work for my car. I am having problems with the brake pedal being DEEP when driving at the track. If I pump it it's fine. Daily driving it bites fine near the top. only when I'm not in BOOST and in high vacumm is when the bite is DEEP when I step on the brakes. I have the big STi BREMBOs all around but running the tiny 15/16" master cylinder.

Seems all the ABS subarus run a 2 fitting master cylinder. This applies to the 1" and 1 1/16" master cylinders found on WRXs, Legacy Outbacks, GDB STi's.

I want to ask the FWD SVX owners or those with the knowledge HOW MANY fittings are on the FWD SVX with no ABS???

Could someone go look quickly and if possible take a picture. I know it's TIGHT in that area to see anything. (Just worked on a SVX with a 5spd swap a few nights ago).
4 fittings on the Non ABS master cylinder. Two on left side(driver's side) and two straight down to the bottom.

Tom
Old 09-15-2008, 05:34 PM

Re: How many fittings on FWD non-ABS MS!?!!?!??

Thanks Tom!! I have on order from the dealer a non-ABS master cylinder!
Hopefully this'll solve the inconsistant pedal feel.